• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 1:52 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
22189 posts
4581 upvotes
North Vancouver
The odds of winning a trip have gone up as many people will take a pass at entering.
Once travel is back, all of the tourist spots and businesses will be very hungry for tourists so prices should be quite good.
Jun 19, 2013
18 posts
14 upvotes
BC
Anyone successfully win radio contests? As in be the first or whatever # caller? I started trying awhile back but all I get is busy tones or switchboard full (of course I expect this as hundreds or maybe even thousands will dial in so I’m not complaining). What I would like to know is when is the optimal time to dial in? Is it at the beginning or their cue to call, towards the end of the song before the cue to call, or at the end when they finish saying the cue to call? Those who have successfully patched through, what were your experiences?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3973 posts
23089 upvotes
North York
applecaprice wrote: Anyone successfully win radio contests? As in be the first or whatever # caller? I started trying awhile back but all I get is busy tones or switchboard full (of course I expect this as hundreds or maybe even thousands will dial in so I’m not complaining). What I would like to know is when is the optimal time to dial in? Is it at the beginning or their cue to call, towards the end of the song before the cue to call, or at the end when they finish saying the cue to call? Those who have successfully patched through, what were your experiences?
I am not wasting my time entering the call in or text in contests - the only ones I enter are the ones you enter on a form and either they call you live, ask you to call OR offline
Jul 30, 2007
317 posts
2197 upvotes
Toronto
applecaprice wrote: Anyone successfully win radio contests? As in be the first or whatever # caller? I started trying awhile back but all I get is busy tones or switchboard full (of course I expect this as hundreds or maybe even thousands will dial in so I’m not complaining). What I would like to know is when is the optimal time to dial in? Is it at the beginning or their cue to call, towards the end of the song before the cue to call, or at the end when they finish saying the cue to call? Those who have successfully patched through, what were your experiences?
I have successfully won $$ from radio contests but only text during the cue to text. I don't do calls cus if you listen to online it is a minute or more behind. You have to be listening to radio signals in order to be the right cue to call.
Deal Expert
Jan 11, 2013
15010 posts
4922 upvotes
Toronto
Frequently, yes. Familiarize yourself with commonly played songs and their end points, and be ready for the cue to call. Redial often. Use multiple phones if feasible. Only stop dialling once they’re on the air with the winner.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2020!
Jan 1, 2003
632 posts
813 upvotes
pinkylou wrote: I was a weekly winner in Snack Season contest 5 times. I received 1 prize containing 2 hats, 1 shirt, 1 long sleeve shirt and 1 hoodie. I reached out to them regarding the rest of the prizes and they told me that prize I received contained all of my prize winnings. I understood the weekly prize value was $100. Anyone else have any issues with this?
Wife's prize arrived today. A game event jersey. The price sticker said $120.00, but right now it's on sale at Fanatics for $90.00, so it's close to the prize value stated. Maybe the prizes depend on the team that was picked. Still nothing for me....
Jun 19, 2013
18 posts
14 upvotes
BC
sherlockmandango wrote: Frequently, yes. Familiarize yourself with commonly played songs and their end points, and be ready for the cue to call. Redial often. Use multiple phones if feasible. Only stop dialling once they’re on the air with the winner.
Thanks for this, do you dial at the end points of the song or right the first sound the cue to call is made? I also know that listening to it via streaming is behind but I don't have anything that has radio signal at home (except at home I guess)
Deal Expert
Jan 11, 2013
15010 posts
4922 upvotes
Toronto
applecaprice wrote: Thanks for this, do you dial at the end points of the song or right the first sound the cue to call is made? I also know that listening to it via streaming is behind but I don't have anything that has radio signal at home (except at home I guess)
I strongly recommend getting a radio signal. You can buy a portable radio, chargeable by USB, for about thirty bucks.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2020!
Oct 14, 2011
78 posts
131 upvotes
DUNDAS
This would be a great time for companies to run creative contests... Like drawing, videos, photos, essays, etc. I am bored out of my mind here in self isolation
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3973 posts
23089 upvotes
North York
ericasin wrote: This would be a great time for companies to run creative contests... Like drawing, videos, photos, essays, etc. I am bored out of my mind here in self isolation
If you want to breath some fresh air out there without being with people, you can take pictures of graves (thru Find a Grave website) and upload them. There are always people that request pictures. Just an idea.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1765 posts
3444 upvotes
So what do you guys think?: If I mail in a no purchase entry for a contest what are the odds anyone will be there to get it?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1999 posts
2324 upvotes
Canada
gofforever wrote: So what do you guys think?: If I mail in a no purchase entry for a contest what are the odds anyone will be there to get it?
Very true especially if they are working from home.