[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2020 4:46 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1742 posts
3432 upvotes
shoppingguy wrote: Very true especially if they are working from home.
I wonder if they will extend the end date of some contests where people enter via the NPN method
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1957 posts
2170 upvotes
Canada
gofforever wrote: I wonder if they will extend the end date of some contests where people enter via the NPN method
That would be great. However I think most companies would be more sympathetic to consumers entering via a purchase method.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1601 posts
785 upvotes
Halifax, NS
shoppingguy wrote: Very true especially if they are working from home.
this is true. i work in a newsroom (well, maybe not for much longer.. 'temporary' layoffs are going to be announced this morning according to my union insiders, sigh) and normally would handle letters to the editor that come in via snail mail -- which aren't many, but still some. right now no one's there to see those, so only email submissions are considered. i definitely imagine a similar scenario for npe mail-in contest entries. =\
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1742 posts
3432 upvotes
shoppingguy wrote: That would be great. However I think most companies would be more sympathetic to consumers entering via a purchase method.
Sadly a lot of contests are for products I can't eat so no purchase entry is the way to go. I'm assuming with all the store closures all our prizes for the Oreo contest and the Mars football contest will probably all be delayed.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2519 posts
24607 upvotes
Toronto, ON
https://www.iweg.org/news_releases/win- ... -argentina

IWEG and Wines of Argentina, with the support of the Consulate of Argentina in Toronto, are thrilled to offer an opportunity for WSET Diploma & Level 3 students and members of CAPS (Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers) to compete for a chance to win a study trip to Argentina in 2020 / 2021. This competition is designed to support the development of core skills and enhance learning outcomes for WSET and/or sommelier certification studies.

To qualify to win the grand prize trip to Argentina, entrants must submit a research paper AND participate in a blind tasting event to be held at IWEG (moderated by Christopher Waters, Dip. WSET) on April 16, 2020.

Toronto best, as I think you have to go in for the wine tasting. Not posting under contests, since it's limited (maybe no one here fits the criteria) and requires a research paper and taste test. Good luck if it interests you.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
40493 posts
36375 upvotes
Economy
New contests are almost impossible to find these days.
I hope it picks up soon.
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Nov 24, 2004
110 posts
881 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
valeriey wrote: New contests are almost impossible to find these days.
I hope it picks up soon.
Yes they sure are. I have been catching up on "No Purchase Necessary" entries but i have also found there seems to be a lot more small Instagram giveaways right now, with brands and influencers trying to boost morale and spread some joy too.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1742 posts
3432 upvotes
hannasmom wrote: Yes they sure are. I have been catching up on "No Purchase Necessary" entries but i have also found there seems to be a lot more small Instagram giveaways right now, with brands and influencers trying to boost morale and spread some joy too.
With Canada post reducing their hours and limiting deliveries on packages I have been wondering if it's worth the money spent on a stamp? I wonder if it will get there in time before the contest ends.
Nov 24, 2004
110 posts
881 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
gofforever wrote: With Canada post reducing their hours and limiting deliveries on packages I have been wondering if it's worth the money spent on a stamp? I wonder if it will get there in time before the contest ends.
That is something to think about, however i think letter mail has been carrying on as usual, from my own experience.
Feb 22, 2012
612 posts
8344 upvotes
Quebec
stinastr wrote: https://earthsown.com

https://earthsown.com/oat-contest-rules/

found this contest, wanted to post, but when I clicked to I Wanna Win it took me to a bad script instead of a page where I could submit a form. If anyone contacts them, maybe it's cancelled, but maybe just a programming error that failed at the start of april
I was able to enter on the pop-up page.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2010
1461 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
Trying to stay positive through my dry spell. It's been since August that I haven't won anything more than $50. On it almost every day.
Jan 28, 2008
134 posts
135 upvotes
Milton
Won a copy of Blu Ray Movie 1917 from Will Wong Facebook page...entered March 10th 2020...lts the little wins l enjoy the most !
Jan 29, 2013
196 posts
1381 upvotes
Saskatoon Sk
yellowmonky wrote: Trying to stay positive through my dry spell. It's been since August that I haven't won anything more than $50. On it almost every day.
Hang in there yellow monkey! I also really dread those long long long dry spells without any win, regardless of the value of it! You just never know when your name gets to the top but if its not in there…. It won’t get picked, so here’s wishing you loads of luck soon!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)