Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2020 4:37 pm
Tags:
Jan 7, 2009
49 posts
19 upvotes
The DZA wrote: Cant say Im disappointed with the trip to PEI from the PEI potatoes contest is ending today.

Having to answer everyday what province I live in and then have to answer what province I buy my potatoes in is beyond moronic.

ADvil how tough are you contest. Every day I pic the same picture on facebook, and then I'm supposed to zoom and center it so I can see it as a viking, night or spartan... this is after doing the dumb quiz which doesn't affect the end picture at all... if it wasn't 10k I probably would have stopped by now.
2009 (2) $132
2012 (3) $125
Aug 26, 2011
418 posts
400 upvotes
Niagara Falls
ronin1701 wrote: Don't most, if not all contests prohibit that sort of thing?

Is there a way for them to check, and has anyone ever actually been called on it?

The closest I've ever come to using something like that is the autofill in Firefox, which still requires you to double-click on each individual field.

I don't think they can check if you do use it. Most sites have the captcha's now anyways that have to be filled out manually, to actually prove that there is a person filling out the forms. I followed someone's advice from this thread earlier and have been using lastpass with success. It cuts my contest filling in less than half. You should consider it, it definitely makes things easier. Just right click, lastpass fill forms and I'm done, unless I have to fill out captchas. No need to go through each tab. It can be used on firefox or chrome. Haven't tried with IE but I doubt anyone uses that anymore lol. https://lastpass.com/
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5539 posts
5639 upvotes
Toronto
Public Service Announcement...

I received a call from BMW Canada regarding some contest (can't recall.) Anyway, the call isn't about winning anything (grrr!), it's just to talk to you about your interest in BMW cars and "confirm your contact details for future promotions."

1-800-300-... number on caller ID.
A glass of wine with you, sir, and the ladies I'll enjoy.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Jan 16, 2011
132 posts
49 upvotes
Hey guys - question for those of you who use Facebook for various contests, and have companies, blogs etc showing up in your news feed. Are those missing from your news feed now?? As of half an hour ago, my news feed is totally changed and is not showing any company updates or blog updates, or any pages that I "like"'s updates. Only friend updates. I am about to have a freak out! Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know how to fix it?? I really REALLY hate FB. Help!
2011 Wins: ARV $8181
2012 Wins: ARV $15420
2013 Wins: ARV $19531
2014 Wins: ARV $18679
Jul 13, 2003
170 posts
538 upvotes
Rebbbby wrote: Hey guys - question for those of you who use Facebook for various contests, and have companies, blogs etc showing up in your news feed. Are those missing from your news feed now?? As of half an hour ago, my news feed is totally changed and is not showing any company updates or blog updates, or any pages that I "like"'s updates. Only friend updates. I am about to have a freak out! Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know how to fix it?? I really REALLY hate FB. Help!
That happened to me a bit ago but now it's back to normal.
Jan 16, 2011
132 posts
49 upvotes
jonnieh wrote: That happened to me a bit ago but now it's back to normal.

Yep you're right, I was just coming back to say.. Cancel that. Houston, we have no more problem. Lol. Sorry for the melt down.
Jan 16, 2011
132 posts
49 upvotes
Hey guys. I just got a phone call from 514-875-2872. They didn't leave a message, I think I actually answered and hung up on them by accident. I called the number back and it said that the number doesn't exist? I googled and couldn't find anything. Anyone get a call from this number? I really hope it wasn't for a contest.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
3563 posts
6482 upvotes
Kelowna
Rebbbby wrote: Hey guys. I just got a phone call from 514-875-2872. They didn't leave a message, I think I actually answered and hung up on them by accident. I called the number back and it said that the number doesn't exist? I googled and couldn't find anything. Anyone get a call from this number? I really hope it wasn't for a contest.

I got a call this AM from a 506 number (New Brunswick), they hung up on me and same thing, I called backed and the number didn't exist...
To all RFD "Contest Entering" folk, look me up on Facebook or on Twitter
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
796 upvotes
Woodbridge
Bargain_Brett wrote: I got a call this AM from a 506 number (New Brunswick), they hung up on me and same thing, I called backed and the number didn't exist...

Its probably a automated call, They call a randoms times to see if people answer, So they know a time when people are home . And then call back with one of there reps to hassle you!
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Jan 16, 2011
132 posts
49 upvotes
cronichead wrote: Its probably a automated call, They call a randoms times to see if people answer, So they know a time when people are home . And then call back with one of there reps to hassle you!
Ya you're probably right. That's why it says the number doesn't exist. Sneaky. Thanks for the replies.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2011
3412 posts
627 upvotes
Where am I?
One of the contesters on Facebook mentioned they had a fake Disney call a couple of nights ago. They said he had won a big Disney prize but they wanted his Visa number to put a $500 hold on it. This is the number it came from 647 955 2118
Jul 6, 2008
477 posts
492 upvotes
Anyone else wishing that Icoke would come back with some better contests and/or rewards? I like polar bears and all but I don't want to donate ALL my points. There are no contests I'm eligible to enter (was hoping for a summer Olympics one) and the only decent reward these days are Cineplex tickets. Is this program on the way out do you think?
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106491 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What does this mean?

[QUOTE]Entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search.[/QUOTE]

So, does that mean would we need an email with a @rogers.com or @sympatico.ca (or similar) domain, or would @hotmail.com, @gmail.com, @yahoo.com addresses be OK?
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1308 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
urkidn wrote: Anyone else wishing that Icoke would come back with some better contests and/or rewards? I like polar bears and all but I don't want to donate ALL my points. There are no contests I'm eligible to enter (was hoping for a summer Olympics one) and the only decent reward these days are Cineplex tickets. Is this program on the way out do you think?

I've even unbookmarked it. I used to really enjoy those iCoke contests too.

:(
Jan 7, 2009
49 posts
19 upvotes
Are there many PS3 contests out there anymore? I got back into contesting since i want a PS3 or Xbox but other then the unlimited entry tribute ps3 I haven't seen any contests....
2009 (2) $132
2012 (3) $125

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

yellowmonky