[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2020 11:00 pm
Tags:
Mar 2, 2012
391 posts
2359 upvotes
North Bay
^^ terrible for me and getting discouraged :cry: thought about taking a break from contesting but I do enjoy it.....just depressing after a long dry spell, I don't even read the winners section much because it is so discouraging :(
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
14978 posts
4918 upvotes
Toronto
Cheer up, folks! I'm sending good vibes to anyone going through a prize slump.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2020!
Sep 9, 2011
2 posts
17 upvotes
VANCOUVER
gofforever wrote: I won on the Flip to win contest and haven't received my prize yet. Sent an email and they never responded so I sent them a facebook message and this was their response: Thanks for your patience—there are still some details being worked out with the prizes, which is why there has been a delay.

So hopefully we'll get the prizes soon.
I also tried contacting them through FB but still no reply. Looks like they simply don't intend to award the prizes. Has anyone gotten a prize from them?

This is the first contest I've experienced where they don't even give you the courtesy of a reply.
My 2011 Wins (starting from July)- Free pair of eyeglasses - 200 and a Scrubbing bubbles $10 trinket
My 2012 Wins - Gshock watch - 150
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1707 posts
3405 upvotes
DeludedByChance wrote: I also tried contacting them through FB but still no reply. Looks like they simply don't intend to award the prizes. Has anyone gotten a prize from them?

This is the first contest I've experienced where they don't even give you the courtesy of a reply.
On Aug 29th we got this email:

Hi,

This email is to let you know that your prize of a $25 Booster Juice GC should arrive between 4-6 business days. It has been mailed out in a standard envelope and should arrive via Canada Post.

Congratulations
Contest Admin
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17752 posts
24816 upvotes
ONTARIO
gofforever wrote: On Aug 29th we got this email:

Hi,

This email is to let you know that your prize of a $25 Booster Juice GC should arrive between 4-6 business days. It has been mailed out in a standard envelope and should arrive via Canada Post.

Congratulations
Contest Admin
Don't worry you should receive it any day now. It comes from Edmonton, Alberta.
Dec 1, 2013
4 posts
71 upvotes
Ontario
This is my first year contesting, but it feels like there's a major lull right now in quality contests going on. Maybe it's just me? Hoping for more this fall/winter. I can imagine there will be tons around Christmas!
2014 Contest Wins Total = $8,200. Biggest Win, Trip to Calgary / Banff.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
14978 posts
4918 upvotes
Toronto
twiggy04 wrote: This is my first year contesting, but it feels like there's a major lull right now in quality contests going on. Maybe it's just me? Hoping for more this fall/winter. I can imagine there will be tons around Christmas!
Spending most of my contesting time this month just working on just one.

Here's hoping they follow their Rules.

Further details to come before the deadline.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2020!
Dec 1, 2013
4 posts
71 upvotes
Ontario
sherlockmandango wrote: Spending most of my contesting time this month just working on just one.

Here's hoping they follow their Rules.

Further details to come before the deadline.
Good call! Good luck! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3074 posts
15822 upvotes
Halifax
Has anyone ever won anything from Royal Draw? I always had them in the same category as Wannawin, just trying to get contact information to sell for mailing lists.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17752 posts
24816 upvotes
ONTARIO
Tracydeanne wrote: Has anyone ever won anything from Royal Draw? I always had them in the same category as Wannawin, just trying to get contact information to sell for mailing lists.
site looks sketchy, so i pass on those ones.
Dec 1, 2013
4 posts
71 upvotes
Ontario
I need someone's professional opinion on a contest if you have time. I want to enter this contest, but my fiance works at Rogers. Do you think we'd be disqualified because they are presenting the winners on Breakfast TV? Don't want to enter for nothing. Thank you for your help!:

http://www.vintage-hotels.com/wedding-c ... rfdcb-d734
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1573 posts
761 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Has anyone here ever won off of a mailed-in NPN entry? Just wrote up a couple and wondering if it's a waste of time...?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20934 posts
149372 upvotes
GTA
twiggy04 wrote: I need someone's professional opinion on a contest if you have time. I want to enter this contest, but my fiance works at Rogers. Do you think we'd be disqualified because they are presenting the winners on Breakfast TV? Don't want to enter for nothing. Thank you for your help!:

http://www.vintage-hotels.com/wedding-c ... rfdcb-d734
Personally, I wouldn't risk it, especially because it's judged (i.e. you have to put some effort into it), so imagine if you win and then in the end it is discovered your fiance has a connection to one of the sponsors? Also, this being a wedding-themed contest with photos, potential on-air appearance, etc., I would say there is an increased probability of that happening vs. say a contest where it's just you entering, and not involving your fiance at all.