• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2020 9:16 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1572 posts
758 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Has anyone received their IHG points and (all of their) movie ticket codes yet, from the IHG summer contest? I haven't received any, and the contest has ended now.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3074 posts
15822 upvotes
Halifax
twiggy04 wrote: I need someone's professional opinion on a contest if you have time. I want to enter this contest, but my fiance works at Rogers. Do you think we'd be disqualified because they are presenting the winners on Breakfast TV? Don't want to enter for nothing. Thank you for your help!:

http://www.vintage-hotels.com/wedding-c ... rfdcb-d734
I don't understand the Rogers connection? Because it's being presented on a show affiliated with Rogers? Seems like a pretty distant connection to me.

But if you're wondering, I would suggest you contact the sponsor.
Dec 1, 2013
4 posts
71 upvotes
Ontario
toguy wrote: Personally, I wouldn't risk it, especially because it's judged (i.e. you have to put some effort into it), so imagine if you win and then in the end it is discovered your fiance has a connection to one of the sponsors? Also, this being a wedding-themed contest with photos, potential on-air appearance, etc., I would say there is an increased probability of that happening vs. say a contest where it's just you entering, and not involving your fiance at all.
Thanks for the advice :)
2014 Contest Wins Total = $8,200. Biggest Win, Trip to Calgary / Banff.
Dec 1, 2013
4 posts
71 upvotes
Ontario
Tracydeanne wrote: I don't understand the Rogers connection? Because it's being presented on a show affiliated with Rogers? Seems like a pretty distant connection to me.

But if you're wondering, I would suggest you contact the sponsor.
Thanks. Will do.

Just because Breakfast TV is a Rogers show, not sure if they would be included under the umbrella: employees, agents or representatives of Vintage Hotels and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in
connection with the Contest (collectively, the "Excluded Individuals")." I will try to contact and ask.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2006
1385 posts
5198 upvotes
If there is anyone here from KAMLOOPS, I have a instant win validation code for the Kamloops Dodge contest that you can take into the dealership - from this contest http://kamloopswinner.ca/ - send me a PM and I will forward the email with the code.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2009
2720 posts
199 upvotes
twiggy04 wrote: I need someone's professional opinion on a contest if you have time. I want to enter this contest, but my fiance works at Rogers. Do you think we'd be disqualified because they are presenting the winners on Breakfast TV? Don't want to enter for nothing. Thank you for your help!:

I would say go for it! What's the worst that could happen? Yes, getting disqualified would suck, but you wouldn't actually be losing anything.

Good luck!
Dec 1, 2013
4 posts
71 upvotes
Ontario
teal wrote: I would say go for it! What's the worst that could happen? Yes, getting disqualified would suck, but you wouldn't actually be losing anything.

Good luck!
Very true, might as well enter and just see what happens. You never know.

Thanks! :)
Jul 3, 2011
151 posts
226 upvotes
Oshawa

The rules state:
the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest,
including the employees, agents or representatives of Vintage Hotels and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in
connection with the Contest (collectively, the "Excluded Individuals"). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family
members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside

So unless Rogers is supplying prizes or services such as the catering etc... I think you're ok. Just my two cents.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1308 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
I'm having trouble with the Microsoft Crack the Cloud contest. I keep watching the videos, but can't see if I'm getting any ballots. Can someone direct me to the place on the site that would give me this information?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17735 posts
24793 upvotes
ONTARIO
pickmepickme wrote: I'm having trouble with the Microsoft Crack the Cloud contest. I keep watching the videos, but can't see if I'm getting any ballots. Can someone direct me to the place on the site that would give me this information?
Watch the videos, download the manuals, take the assessment test.
Once you have completed each one of these ("modules"), it will say 100%

Complete two "modules" and this will equal 1 ballot.
There is no place where it says "you have X amount of ballots into the contest". You have to just count them up by the amount of completions you have.
Jul 3, 2011
151 posts
226 upvotes
Oshawa
seafoodmwg wrote: Has anyone here ever won off of a mailed-in NPN entry? Just wrote up a couple and wondering if it's a waste of time...?
Yes, but not for a while now... Won flights to Europe with AirCanada in 2007, a giftcard to the Keg in 2008, and......ummm... that's it.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1308 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: Watch the videos, download the manuals, take the assessment test.
Once you have completed each one of these ("modules"), it will say 100%

Complete two "modules" and this will equal 1 ballot.
There is no place where it says "you have X amount of ballots into the contest". You have to just count them up by the amount of completions you have.
Thanks Bob. Most of that is not in the rules, but hopefully now, with your great explanation, I will be able to get a ballot or so.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3074 posts
15822 upvotes
Halifax
pickmepickme wrote: Thanks Bob. Most of that is not in the rules, but hopefully now, with your great explanation, I will be able to get a ballot or so.
It does say that completing two modules = 1 entry. Essentially if you fully complete all the 8 courses listed as eligible, that gives you your maximum 19 entries.

A module or course is only complete if you get the 100%. Meaning you watched the vids and passed the tests.

It is doable if you're not an IT professional, but it takes a while. Just make sure you're only working on the courses listed in the rules, I misunderstood originally and completed a course, then realized it wasn't one that qualified. Lol. I should get bonus points!
Dec 1, 2013
4 posts
71 upvotes
Ontario
rockhopper wrote: The rules state:
the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest,
including the employees, agents or representatives of Vintage Hotels and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in
connection with the Contest (collectively, the "Excluded Individuals"). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family
members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside

So unless Rogers is supplying prizes or services such as the catering etc... I think you're ok. Just my two cents.
Thanks, appreciate it. I'm sure it'll be stiff competition but it's worth a shot! :)