Expired Contests

Locked: [Other] Contest posters: title format should be contest name (end date, exclusions if any)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2012 12:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
3188 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto

Contest posters: title format should be contest name (end date, exclusions if any)

I have a suggestion that I posed to the Suggestions forum. But wanted to post it here as well to try to get contest posters to use this title format.

If we include the frequency of entering, as well as the end date, it will really help us find the daily contests.

Thanks to TheGame for suggesting this format, which I like:

[DAILY] Campbell's Veggies Instant Win Contest (ends Mar. 31)

The original thread is here

Examples of other frequencies that we would use would be [WEEKLY], [MONTHLY], [10 ENTRIES], [ONE TIME], etc.

Comments appreciated.

Oct 31/06: title edited to reflect we do not need the frequencies in the title anymore, since we now have the ability to categorize the contests by frequency. Thanks Derek for this change!
Share:
159 replies
Oct 12, 2004
659 posts
1 upvote
+1

ESPECIALLY the # of times entries are allowed. That's the #1 thing I look for.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2002
3493 posts
25 upvotes
I agree and I think this should be a rule in the Contests forum.

I again want to suggest that there should be a sticky for winners to post they won and a link to the thread instead of bumping really old threads.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2004
2690 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
freethebees wrote:ESPECIALLY the # of times entries are allowed. That's the #1 thing I look for.
I think the expiry date is more important ;)
Oct 12, 2004
659 posts
1 upvote
^

Nah, if the page looks sour to me, I don't enter ;)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
3188 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully people will slowly start using this format. So far I only see two.. one posted by me, one where I PM'd the OP :)
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3756 posts
10 upvotes
great idea
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2004
7629 posts
97253 upvotes
Coquitlam
I will keep my post the same. I always post the name of the contest and everything else inside. It;s a cleaning look then all the (). Don't like it.

I do agree no titles like "Win a Trip to-------" or "Win a NEW CAR" and just the link inside. That is crazy :!: :!:

My posts are with the name and the main rules. People are just lazy and don't read the rules. I always read the rules on the main Sweeps site and other people should do that 2 on any contest they enter.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3756 posts
10 upvotes
Sticky :!: :!:
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Nov 21, 2005
427 posts
128 upvotes
May I also suggest people putting the official name of the contest, including the sponser name, instead of the generic "win a trip" type.
Also, if there's space, a short description of the prize would help, especially for websites that offer many contests...
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
12859 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto
good idea.. should be sticky :arrowu:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)