Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
Ive been entering that contest too
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14540 posts
3842 upvotes
Wow I definitely can't keep up with you guys. Haven't won anything this month yet. And no, the "random draw" at a movie premiere (10 prizes, 20 people :D ) and the $10 iTunes GC (1 of 7,000+) don't really count in my books. ;)
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2003
1480 posts
1418 upvotes
SASKABUSH
every little win counts
the one way to look at wins, is , would you have spent money on that item ?
if so , then it counts
weirdest win - toilet - casaguru
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2004
7629 posts
97252 upvotes
Coquitlam
I just won a 10 dollar Ebay GC from Ebays windorphins instant winner game. :D Pushing me over $100 in winnings for June :!: :!:

[IMG]http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7526/canadacxu3.gif[/IMG] HAPPY CANADA DAY E1 [IMG]http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7526/canadacxu3.gif[/IMG]
Good Luck to every RFDer's who appreciates the time I take to post contests on this board. My Website

I have been Thanked with the Thank You Button 90,000 Times and counting on April 18/12.

1000's of Air Miles earned by RFD members from Safeway with help from my thread for Bonus Airmiles.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2003
1480 posts
1418 upvotes
SASKABUSH
mighta won another guitar
the email was sorta weird, to say the least
time will tell
either i answered back in time (they said 12hrs to respond and i responded 5 hrs after receiving the email in my inbox..but no idea what real time they sent it)
anyways, no biggie if we did nor not, as we won one last yr and have 3 already (although hubby said you can never have too many guitars :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2004
1235 posts
5 upvotes
I just won the hourly phone in the Pepsi contest!! $300 - Been a good 2 days for wins! :)

"Luck is a state of mind. You have to believe in it!"
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1878 posts
227 upvotes
I knowww this probably isnt the right place for it but I couldnt think of a better place to check with you experts over here.

When signing up for all these contests the main attraction is getting your email address.

Is it cool to just have a junk email account without real information to enter with or do they expect a legit email account to be entered?
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2004
1235 posts
5 upvotes
killuminati wrote: I knowww this probably isnt the right place for it but I couldnt think of a better place to check with you experts over here.

When signing up for all these contests the main attraction is getting your email address.

Is it cool to just have a junk email account without real information to enter with or do they expect a legit email account to be entered?
Many service providers allow you to have more than one email address. I use Shaw and they allow 10. I have a seperate email address for contests, but the interesting this is I NEVER get spammed on my contest account, but I do occasionally on my personal email account. I am also very careful about the types of contests I enter. Reputable companys and I always click NO for receiving additional informaion. Some contests require you to sign up for a newsletter and I never enter those either. Just open up any email account for contests, but make sure you check it often as some have time requirement for you to get back to them, and make sure the spam filter is off as I have heard of people finding winning notifications in their spam folders.

Good Luck!!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
1509 posts
30 upvotes
It should be known sometimes the way websites can track and ensure people are not entering multiple times is by tracking a computers ISP. That way if the rule says one entry per family or hosehold they know someone is pulling a fast one since its pretty hard to get a duplicate ISP.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9546 posts
1094 upvotes
GTA
I just got Toronto GrandPrix tickets in the mail today. It must be from some contest I entered (they came from Steelback Brewery). It didn't include a letter or anything.. Just tickets!!

Jerry
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2003
1480 posts
1418 upvotes
SASKABUSH
DAUGHTER won a surfs up contest with alot of fun kids stuff
it was one of the movies we saw together (for free lol) before she took off to the lake to go camping
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11318 posts
4470 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Won a Coolermaster Aquagate S1 watercooling kit from Overclockers Online. :)
Nov 15, 2005
59 posts
3 upvotes
Won with "Grand & Toy" Office Upgarde contest.

First win off of RFD and it was a Lenovo R60e laptop. Finally got it in the mail today MSRP $1200. Sweet....
compliments of your friendly neighbourhood sandman.........
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2004
1235 posts
5 upvotes
My husband won a Sony Walkman Cell Phone from the Pepsi Hourly Contest. That's 2 for us in under a week! :)

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

BigSisterFan, gofforever