Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
1214 posts
190 upvotes
jeremys0033 wrote: So I got my Shweet prize today... had to pay UPS $22... is this normal for wins via Shweet? Kind of sucks for an item that retails for $29.

I didn't have to pay anything - I would contact the people at Sweet. They are BIG on customer satisfaction.
2011 - Sit Down and Win Contest - Movie Download; Shweet - PSP3000 Core; KidsAroundCanada - 4 passes to Kidsfest Toronto
Oct 2, 2010
430 posts
173 upvotes
I got clarification and I am responsible for duties via their rules. Boo-hoo.
Dec 10, 2010
99 posts
366 upvotes
Guelph
jeremys0033 wrote: I got clarification and I am responsible for duties via their rules. Boo-hoo.

It's too bad they shipped via UPS...they are the WORST for brokerage and duty fees. Most other shipping companies probably would have been a couple bucks, if anything at all.
May 30, 2007
445 posts
675 upvotes
The Pas
bluesocks wrote: It's too bad they shipped via UPS...they are the WORST for brokerage and duty fees. Most other shipping companies probably would have been a couple bucks, if anything at all.

I have gotten to the point that I ask how it is being shipped and if it is ups I decline the prize unless it is big or something I really want because the ups fees are always so high
Wins So Far For 2011 $13,540
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1308 posts
1239 upvotes
Toronto
jeremys0033 wrote: I got clarification and I am responsible for duties via their rules. Boo-hoo.

Was this a prize from the US? I hadn't noticed that Shweet had anything other than Canadian prizes.

That really sucks.

> :(
Jan 24, 2011
119 posts
29 upvotes
Just found out I won a free bag of Aurora Espresso Coffee!
Mar 29, 2011
3 posts
Just won Sens tickets on Facebook from Scene. I seem to be on a ticket winning streak. Trying soo bad to win some stuff for renovations but so far nada.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2007
4192 posts
1315 upvotes
My daughter won a pair of tickets to see Stereo's from muchmusic.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2007
2266 posts
293 upvotes
Another month come and gone with no wins. At least April started off on the right foot. Our office entered the 91.7 GiantFM free lunch friday draw and we won! We had the lunch yesterday. The food came from Country Corner Market in Port Colborne and it was pretty good.

Congrats to all the recent winners too!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2009
5720 posts
1198 upvotes
vilmark wrote: so I havent posted my wins in awhile because seriously its been all fairly small stuff but today was a good day. Ill never doubt TRIBUTE contests again

Subject: TRIBUTE Arthur Contest WINNER !!!!
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:34:16 -0400

Mark:

Congratulations on winning the New York trip for ARTHUR (As per our conversation).. you are over 19 & able to travel next week.

Attached is the “official” winning letter…

• Round trip airfare for 2 from MONDAY APRIL 4th to WEDNESDAY APRIL 6th
• 2 nights Hotel accommodations courtesy of Loews Regency Hotel, New York, the best hotel in the Big Apple!
• 2 Tickets to the World Premiere of ARTHUR in New York City
• A visit to the world famous Candy Spree™ at Dylan’s Candy Bar in NYC
• 2 Tickets to the New York TV & Movie Sites Tour courtesy of On Location Tours
• A Group Dinner with other contest winners

Iam so excited.

WOW Mark that is awesome. You post so many great contests here you sure deserve a big win!!! Have a great time.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2009
5661 posts
2392 upvotes
Toronto
congrats on all the recent wins everyone especially mark!
....Now I have more time for contests :lol:
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
796 upvotes
Woodbridge
Yay won breakfest in barbados!!! Maroon 5 live! Trip is this saturday!!! Yayyayyaya
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2007
3993 posts
605 upvotes
God's Country
Congrats guys, gotta like the trip wins :)
Nothing but Good Thoughts :)