Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 21, 2006
147 posts
366 upvotes
valeriey wrote: The STQ was (300 + 25 – 75 x 4) divided by 5

I got 200 for the answer. Can someone check that for me please?
I also won but I won earbuds. I also put 200 but the real answer is 5. I sent Samantha a second e-mail. Hopefully they will accept both answers as some contests don't use bedmas.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106499 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jammom wrote: I also won but I won earbuds. I also put 200 but the real answer is 5. I sent Samantha a second e-mail. Hopefully they will accept both answers as some contests don't use bedmas.

Math is math, they can't unilaterally decide not to use BEDMAS. If their answer is incorrect, just tell them why.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2005
2295 posts
1065 upvotes
SW Ontario
ronin1701 wrote: Math is math, they can't unilaterally decide not to use BEDMAS. If their answer is incorrect, just tell them why.

I won a contest from an American company a few years ago - before giving me the STQ she asked if I was familiar with BEDMAS, since I was in Canada, and that would make the correct answer different than if I was in the U.S. :confused:
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106499 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tvwatcher wrote: I won a contest from an American company a few years ago - before giving me the STQ she asked if I was familiar with BEDMAS, since I was in Canada, and that would make the correct answer different than if I was in the U.S. :confused:

There's no such thing as "American Math" and "Canadian Math".

"No child left behind", my @ss!
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 22, 2006
41221 posts
38708 upvotes
Economy
[QUOTE]Hi Valerie,

Congratulations! You are one of our 3 winners of the Munchkin® Safety Duck Tub!

Please message the Munchkin Canada page with your shipping information so that I can ship out the prize.

Also – it would be greatly appreciated if you could post a quick review of the Safety Duck Tub on Facebook - once you’ve received it and used it.

Make sure you keep checking our page for more offers, news and contests!
[/QUOTE]

Won this from https://www.facebook.com/MunchkinCanada
AVR $14.99 at ToysRUs
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3331853
Sr. Member
Oct 13, 2004
698 posts
194 upvotes
Wishgift.ca
The WINNER of the 20.00$ Toys R Us gift certificate is...Sharonne Katz!! Sharonne, you have 72 hours to message us your email address so that we can email you the electronic gift card valid at Toys R Us stores across Canada.
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
796 upvotes
Woodbridge
Won a 1 Year Sub for 2012 Norton Security
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1018 posts
508 upvotes
Hello all, this is my first post on the winner's thread.

I won 2 Advanced Screening tickets to see Dark Shadows from the Dose.ca Dark Shadows contest. Yay to the first win :D .
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 26, 2009
131 posts
49 upvotes
"Dear Entrant: CONGRATULATIONS! We have exciting news for you! Your entry in the Panasonic Gold Rush Sweepstakes has been selected as a potential winner! It is our pleasure to inform you that you have won: A 512MB SD Card"

Yay just wanted to share this one... my second win in three weeks, after a 2.5 year absence from contesting. I can see why contesting is so addictive, you feel so good when you win, no matter how small or big the prize is.

Good luck to my fellow RFDers :)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19104 posts
5541 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote: There's no such thing as "American Math" and "Canadian Math".

"No child left behind", my @ss!

Interesting...we always called this BODMAS. Must be a north/south thing like going to the cottage = going to camp up here in the north...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106499 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DougO wrote: Interesting...we always called this BODMAS. Must be a north/south thing like going to the cottage = going to camp up here in the north...

I've also seen it referred-to as "PEDMAS".

What does the "O" stand for? I'm trying to think of a synonym for "Exponent" that starts with an "O" ....
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
796 upvotes
Woodbridge
Corona Bottle Opener
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
22466 posts
5106 upvotes
North Vancouver
brackets of division, multiplication, addition, subtraction
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106499 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gbamber wrote: brackets of division, multiplication, addition, subtraction
Really? What does "brackets of division" mean?

Brackets, Exponents, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Newbie
User avatar
Apr 20, 2003
77 posts
Peterborough
Toyota Brighten Your Spring Contest - won a $100 Home Hardware gift card
You can't win a contest if you don't enter
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 29, 2009
2951 posts
634 upvotes
Richmond
Farseer wrote: Holy crap. Finally a big win.

Just got a call from The Source in Hamilton. They had a grand re-opening 3 weeks ago and you had to go into the store to fill in a ballot to win and I was the winner.

Toshiba 61" 3D TV, 3D Blu-Ray player and 2 pairs of glasses.

I won't be able to get it for 6-8 weeks, but I'm pumped!

My first big win after almost 4 years of contesting, and I didn't even have to call on Willow!

Excellent Win!!!!! Major congrats.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 13, 2009
8389 posts
2416 upvotes
Toronto
pancakeg wrote: "Dear Entrant: CONGRATULATIONS! We have exciting news for you! Your entry in the Panasonic Gold Rush Sweepstakes has been selected as a potential winner! It is our pleasure to inform you that you have won: A 512MB SD Card"

Yay just wanted to share this one... my second win in three weeks, after a 2.5 year absence from contesting. I can see why contesting is so addictive, you feel so good when you win, no matter how small or big the prize is.

Good luck to my fellow RFDers :)

They still make SD Cards that small?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 19, 2007
1775 posts
299 upvotes
Congratulations! You are the potential winner of the NHL® Hungry-Man® Pub Darts Competition Contest (https://hungry-man.nhl.com/). Your name has been selected to win a trip for two to join the 2012 NHL Awards™ live from Las Vegas on June 20, 2012 and attend the official NHL After Party immediately following the NHL Awards™.

Yippee! So pleased that this marketing company removed the impossible scores and gave people an honest chance to win, makes playing the game for so many hours worth it.

Top