:D Congrats

�I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it

Smile... It confuses people�
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2004
7629 posts
97252 upvotes
Coquitlam
Booyacrowd wrote: I got an email from iCoke.ca yesterday saying that I've won a trip for 2 to LA to meet Jerry Bruckheimer.

Question to anyone else who has ever won a trip...Will I be responsible for the $350 or so in airport taxes and fees or is that covered by iCoke? Also, do they usually put you up in decent hotels?
I won a trip to the people choice awards a couple years back from now dead excite.com and cbs. They flew us first class 75% of the time. Flew 4 flights and one was in the back because fc was sold out for that plane. And stayed at the Beverly Hilton and had to pay the taxes on the hotel and any extra costs like movies and phone calls and parking for our rental car ($25 a day).But you should know that . Taxes for our 5 night stay $325 us. But that is why they give you 500 or 1000 spending money. Only thing is because I won the trip from a American company they had a cheque for $500 at the hotel for us. And because I'm Canadian and was from out of state. I couldn't cash the cheque at a bank and had to wait until I got back to Canada. I even went to a money mart but they wouldn't cash it because the company wasn't in the phone book. It was a sub company of excite and didn't have entry in the phone book . Crazy, so I had to put everything on my credit card until I got back home. Then we got to the hotel on Sat and the awards where Sunday and CBS was suppose to fedex the tickets to the awards to the hotel and they didn't. And our contact number was a Monday to Friday number. So we didn't get to goto the awards. So on Monday at 9:00 am we phoned our contact person at excite. And with in a hour we got a phone call from CBS NYNY head office and they said they would fly us down again for the grammys. So two weeks in LA for the price of one win!!!

Contests usually fly you coach and it's usually your cost to get to an major gateway airport. But it all depends on the sponsor and rules. Just ask your contact person.

Congrads on your win. I also enter that contest but I think only once. Say hi to Jerry for me :)
Good Luck to every RFDer's who appreciates the time I take to post contests on this board. My Website

I have been Thanked with the Thank You Button 90,000 Times and counting on April 18/12.

1000's of Air Miles earned by RFD members from Safeway with help from my thread for Bonus Airmiles.
May 20, 2007
31 posts
Canada
i just won one of the sony ericsson phones from pepsi, not bad, i guess i have an excuse now to actually use a cell phone

edit: can someone tell me how i can use this phone excactly? i mean can i go buy a $10 pre paid card and use that or do I have to sign a contract and such
Nov 19, 2006
177 posts
Alright, I won a 50$ iTunes gift card from the TD 'tell your friends' contest. No notification call or email, just a release form arriving registered mail out of the blue.

Not a huge win, but it has reinvigorated my urge to contest! I was starting to flag, after not winning anything since October..
Jan 12, 2006
321 posts
28 upvotes
From the anythingbutzen.ca contest, I've apparently won what the text of this e-mail says:

Hi Steve,

Congrats on the prize. Here are the details for Prize Pack 4:
Digital Head Buds
Headphone Splitter
USB 256MB Jump Drive

Total: $102.98

You are still qualified to win the grand prize. Good luck!

Your prize will be sent shortly.

"Shortly" means 4-6 weeks, but I guess that's not bad. We'll see.
Dec 21, 2005
7 posts
Devvv wrote: Congratulations! Did you enter using pins or the npn way?

I entered a few pins for the car but didn't get any email...rats!
I only entered once...using a PIN
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2156 posts
1447 upvotes
St. Catharines
sparhawk909 wrote: I just won a secondary prize from the AboutKidsHealth contest. A pair of round trip VIA Rail comfort class tickets for the Windsor-Quebec corridor ($400). That's really helpful since I'm in Vancouver. :cheesygri

PS I just received all four of my caffeinenow/eprize prizes today, so although they take the full 10 weeks to deliver, they are legitimate. This should put to rest all of the debate on the multiple caffeinenow/eprize contests.

[IMG]http://members.shaw.ca/sparhawk909/Bonanza.jpg[/IMG]
I won the LG Chocolate Music phone... but I was on vacation last week.. I had to get my response in by yesterday... err... I hope they don't make a big deal of it!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
4578 posts
3441 upvotes
Slow month half way through maybe the other half will be better I hope but I did get a sports book in the mail today from a win a few months ago :)

Grats all the winners above me!

Feb 20, 2005
144 posts
54 upvotes
just got a phone call from london drugs head office.Lady told me i had won a $1000 london drugs gift card from entering a wedding registry on their website.

nice wedding gift.. the wife and I got married on the 16th of june..so we won on our first month wedding anniversary.

She allready thinks she is intitled to half and she doenst do anything :)
Trip to Maxim Frat Party in Tornoto - Edge Aftershave Contest
VTech Phone - Vtech 3 in to win contest
Wii console,extra numbcheck and wii remote - Duracel Play It Forward Contest
8GB Ipod Nano - Marie Clair
8GB Ipod - Froot Loops
$35.00 cheque -Flintstones
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1556 posts
5502 upvotes
Toronto
I won 2 tix from JACK FM VIP Club for The Police this Sunday at the ACC.
Value $216.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
4578 posts
3441 upvotes
jado1978 wrote: just got a phone call from london drugs head office.Lady told me i had won a $1000 london drugs gift card from entering a wedding registry on their website.

nice wedding gift.. the wife and I got married on the 16th of june..so we won on our first month wedding anniversary.

:D

Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14540 posts
3842 upvotes
jado1978 wrote: just got a phone call from london drugs head office.Lady told me i had won a $1000 london drugs gift card from entering a wedding registry on their website.

What does the pre-nup say? :D
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2004
1235 posts
5 upvotes
I got a call from City TV today telling me I won 5 tickets to "Walking With The Dinosaurs" next week! $69.50 per ticket! http://www.dinosaurlive.com/ We really wanted to go, but at that price I told my daughter I would try really hard to win some.... can't believe I actually did! She is thrilled! She can even bring a friend or two! :)
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14540 posts
3842 upvotes
cheleen wrote: I got a call from City TV today telling me I won 5 tickets to "Walking With The Dinosaurs" next week! $69.50 per ticket! http://www.dinosaurlive.com/ We really wanted to go, but at that price I told my daughter I would try really hard to win some.... can't believe I actually did! She is thrilled! She can even bring a friend or two! :)
Wow congrats. I just checked the website and it looks amazing! The roving eye kinda creeped me out though. :D
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
4578 posts
3441 upvotes
cheleen wrote: I got a call from City TV today telling me I won 5 tickets to "Walking With The Dinosaurs" next week! $69.50 per ticket! http://www.dinosaurlive.com/ We really wanted to go, but at that price I told my daughter I would try really hard to win some.... can't believe I actually did! She is thrilled! She can even bring a friend or two! :)
Woot wtg!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)