Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8385 posts
2416 upvotes
Toronto
won a "Shell Thirstbuster GelaSkins Giveaway Mobile Phone Skin" - now what? They sent no link or redemption code. :(
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1764 posts
3444 upvotes
jamesfitzgibbon wrote: won a "Shell Thirstbuster GelaSkins Giveaway Mobile Phone Skin" - now what? They sent no link or redemption code. :(
If you wait it will come. But be patient. Mine took a few weeks before I got it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8385 posts
2416 upvotes
Toronto
gofforever wrote: If you wait it will come. But be patient. Mine took a few weeks before I got it.
ok - thanks (er, not that I have any phone it would fit!)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2008
8276 posts
52186 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Congrats.
Did you have to complete a STQ on the site right away or do they send you an email with that information?
NO STQ right away. Just got a screen that says I won it and to look for an email in 24-48 hours.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1572 upvotes
erikarowe wrote: Awesome - they must mix it up.. Mine was a $25 President's Choice one!
I think they did according to others as well. Wish I got something else, nothing I want at Shoppers.
Apr 15, 2013
473 posts
1212 upvotes
Toronto
Spidey, they even have groceries at Shoppers! I'm sure you'll be able to $25 worth of stuff.
Dec 6, 2012
482 posts
314 upvotes
North
Wooooooooo, for the first time in almost 6 months I've won something - "Shell Thirstbuster GelaSkins Giveaway Mobile Phone Skin" Thanks Brew576
2013 - 7 Wins - $6850 - Trip to NC/Drove NASCAR
2014 - 4 Wins - $525
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2784 posts
195 upvotes
Montreal
Spidey wrote: I think they did according to others as well. Wish I got something else, nothing I want at Shoppers.
They even sell other gift cards at Shoppers, so just buy the gift card you would rather have gotten ;) .
Voted RFD Most Helpful/Knowledgeable User in 2008

SDM mini-FAQ
*GCs don't count as a purchase for SDM promotions.
*The maximtum you can redeem at once is $500.
*For best value, get points with SDM promos, spend them at grocery stores.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1572 upvotes
Cyanne wrote: They even sell other gift cards at Shoppers, so just buy the gift card you would rather have gotten ;) .
Sweet, never thought opf that. Didnt know you could use GC to buy GC, but then why not, its like cash
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3973 posts
23089 upvotes
North York
I got a call today that I was one of the 10 winners for the secondary prizes of this contest: 2014-07-13-saputo-best-summer-ever-qc-ok-1486530/

Thank you Bobidee!

I have a choice between a BBQ, a patio set and a swing set but I wrote to them that I live in a condo apartment with no balcony so they will get back to me next week with an alternate prize (at the discretion of the sponsors) -total value of the price is $1,000. There is also no detail as to the name and models of the prizes. Will weigh in all factors when I know more and I can decide what to take - even if I need to sell one of the items.

***UPDATE: Well, a few weeks have passed...they agreed to give me an alternate prize, which is a $1000 GC to Ikea (I also had a choice of a HD or Canadian Tire GC).

I happened to have ordered an IKEA kitchen 2 weeks before so I went to IKEA to talk to a manager who agreed to credit my credit card for the value of the GC as soon as I get it!!! I am sooooo happy! This sure came at the right time!
Jan 12, 2011
405 posts
49 upvotes
Penticton
Spidey wrote: Sweet, never thought opf that. Didnt know you could use GC to buy GC, but then why not, its like cash
I don't think you can do that at shoppers...
2014 Wins $11,200
2015 Wins - $100
Jan 12, 2011
405 posts
49 upvotes
Penticton
Rosibal wrote: I got a call today that I was one of the 10 winners for the secondary prizes of this contest: 2014-07-13-saputo-best-summer-ever-qc-ok-1486530/

Thank you Bobidee!

I have a choice between a BBQ, a patio set and a swing set but I wrote to them that I live in a condo apartment with no balcony so they will get back to me next week with an alternate prize (at the discretion of the sponsors) -total value of the price is $1,000. There is also no detail as to the name and models of the prizes. Will weigh in all factors when I know more and I can decide what to take - even if I need to sell one of the items.

Awesome man great win!
2014 Wins $11,200
2015 Wins - $100
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1764 posts
3444 upvotes
Spidey wrote: Sweet, never thought opf that. Didnt know you could use GC to buy GC, but then why not, its like cash
I've done it before with no problems. Of course I find with Shoppers that it depends on the cashier you get.