Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
1509 posts
31 upvotes
AmberMoon wrote: LOL there is always more to win! Congrats on your wins its a great list

I guess im anal i have word documents for each year of which wins i have and in months and value hehe. I started putting the emails and letters of wins in a folder too
I would not say thats anal I have done the samething for the past few years except for anytime I have won anything over $10 is appprox value. This came in extremely helpful when a tv show did a segement and interview with me re some of the contests I have entered, what kinds of contests I enter, how I enter and even showed off some of the details or prizes I won. Incidently to you fellow winners would you say the vast mority of contests you win are ones you enter just basic info, involve answering something trivia or math question, submitting something (like essay or photo) or dropping or mailing a ballot/entry form. Maybe a neat addition is what you had to do to get the prize(s) you won.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
4578 posts
3447 upvotes
Kalel wrote: I would not say thats anal I have done the samething for the past few years except for anytime I have won anything over $10 is appprox value.
Aye they always inflate the values for some reason but i still post it on my win document at what they value it, If i have to pay taxes on it then i would make sure i would seek out the information to lower the ARV to real value but thank heaven we are very lucky not to have to pay.
Kalel wrote: This came in extremely helpful when a tv show did a segement and interview with me re some of the contests I have entered, what kinds of contests I enter, how I enter and even showed off some of the details or prizes I won.
Neat I bet that was interesting, Is it uploaded to Utube or something i would love to see it. I know there is a few others who do the same thing and some who are even more excessive that what i do hehe.
Kalel wrote: Incidently to you fellow winners would you say the vast mority of contests you win are ones you enter just basic info, involve answering something trivia or math question, submitting something (like essay or photo) or dropping or mailing a ballot/entry form. Maybe a neat addition is what you had to do to get the prize(s) you won.
I truthfully can say its all the same from my win list, I have won from entering just my email to the 3 page long survey entries. I'm not sure if it really matters but i do beleive that their are tons of sweeps out there that are deciving and aren't real hence where we get so spammed with emails . I have a few tips ill share to help maybe

Tips

Most honest contests have Privacy policy's on the page along with complete rules ( not those with 1 liners and vague)

Do not ever give out your SIN/SS # regardless

If you are unsure of the site ask around ( ask here) as i am sure alot of people could tell you if its real or not

A true contest win you will NEVER have to pay shipping on UNLESS it states so in the rules ( Very few make you pay)

Shipping of prizes is a hit or a miss when it comes across the border You may get hit with customs/duties Major corporations usually are the ones who will pay any fees associated with mailing it to you, If you get dinged with charges from the border Contact the sponsor of the contest and ask if you should have ( I have heard some winners sending the email/notice of win to postal services for refund but cant confirm)

Most know this but Canadians Never have to pay taxes on wins ( /cheer)

Emails and spam are a pain in the butt but over time most people can see the differences between spam and a win, Most wins will have the promotional name in the subject and/or the sponsors name in addition to "Congrats" winning ect

If you cant remember entering the contest simple search on the internet to find the promotion may jog memories I do this to confirm all my wins as i know i entered it that i found it from somewhere on the internet.

Phone Call wins or email wins that state you need to come to a ceremonies, timeshare, sit thru a meeting ect is NEVER a win.. If you are unsure ask them to mail you the Rules of the sweepstakes or to mail you the information first ( this usually stops them)

Read the rules this is a big one, Make sure you are eligible- Rules protect you and the sponsor.

Anyways these are what i usually follow hope it helps some :)

�I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it

Smile... It confuses people�
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
2121 posts
122 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks to moderator dealforme, I found out about redflagdeals in August 2005. Then he showed me a subforum called Contests. The rest is history thanks to two of my very first wins.

2005:

Bethefirsttoplay XBox360 prize pack + Intec case + 2 games x2 :eek:
iCoke Dell Inspiron 6000 + Kingston 2gb USB key :eek:
Huggies Cleanteam ALPHAMALS prize pack

2006:

Campbell's Get Your Veggies T-Fal frying pan
Campbell's Get Your Veggies T-Fal toaster x2
Campbell's Chunky Win a Den Philadelphia Eagles McNabb NFL jersey
Palm ePrize $25 Palm.com GC (unfulfilled) :cry:
Smirnoff Uri Long Dstance 1000 long distance minutes phone card (unfulfilled) :cry:
Nestle Feed your Need Nokia 1355i cell phone
Zwipes prize pack
Snickers NFL Blitz NFL team hat
Old Spice FIFA World Cup secondary prize Old Spice gift basket DQ'ed/no response :cry:
Maple Lodge Farms King Kong DVD
Maple Lodge Farms Curious George hardcover book + backpack
Hampton Bed Heads nightshirt x2 (1 DQ'ed)
Brisk.ca Karv clothing top
Overclockersonline.com Coolermaster Cool Drive Lite
Wineveryhour Samsung 40" LCD HDTV
Subway Freshenergy $50 GC x5 :eek:
eVGA WD Raptor X x2 -> exchanged for 7900GT KO + Windows XP PRO Retail SP2 + SpellForce 2
Mecca eHosting free domain registration (unfulfilled) > :(
How Fly are You FLY Pentop grand prize (FLY Pentop x10) :eek:
Purex pillow plush toy
Sunlight Maytag Epic Washer and Dryer + year supply of Sunlight HE
Hersheys Shake to Win ipod Nano
Safeway Back to School Wordplay $3000 VIA Rail voucher
KIA Motors Get your Fill $20 Petro-Canada GC

2007:

McCain Crescendo NFL secondary prize pack x2
Smucker's HSBC Stars on Ice 4 ice-level tickets
Dynamite Entertainment Battlestar Galactica signed comic
Dynamic Forces Chewbacca bust
Vancouverplus.ca Spaghetti Factory $20 GC
Addidas NBA VIP All-Star Experience secondary prize Addidas gymbag + XBox360 faceplate
Cathay Pacific Spot the Difference fridge magnets
Marriott Plan and Go Anywhere travel kit prize pack x2
YTV Where do you UNO? secondary prize UNO Cards, Spin, and Motorized + $35 Dairy Queen GC
Home Made Simple Mr. Clean universal cleaner 2L
Canadian Blood Services/Dell Dell 256 mb USB key
Canadian Blood Services/Dell Dell 17" LCD monitor
Canadian Living/Family (iCongo/Transcontinental) $100 Fa gift basket
divine.ca Nintendo DS Lite + Brain Age PINK :lol:
Caffeine ePrize $15 iTunes GC
Caffeine ePrize $20 webcam
Caffeine ePrize $20 Office Max GC
Caffeine ePrize $20 Netflix GC
Slurpee Spin the Web Spiderman 2.1 DVD
Breyers Racing $10 Esso GC x2
Tribute.ca Cinderalla 3 DVD
Weston Wonder+ metallic soccer ball
WebofPrizes Sony DVD player
WebofPrizes Sony MP3 player
Nivea daily prize pack

As you can see, I enter all sorts of contests. The only type prize I am missing is a free trip.
Pepsi: First a XBox360, then a Samsung 40" LCD HDTV, then a Sony Ericsson W300i, then a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV, then a ...

Coke: What!? This isn't a $2249 Dell Inspiron 6000! It's an entry level $899 laptop! But hey, thanks for the two Nintendo Wii's!
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14800 posts
4267 upvotes
sparhawk909 wrote: Thanks to moderator dealforme, I found out about redflagdeals in August 2005. Then he showed me a subforum called Contests. The rest is history thanks to two of my very first wins.

2007:

McCain Crescendo NFL secondary prize pack x2
Smucker's HSBC Stars on Ice 4 ice-level tickets
Dynamite Entertainment Battlestar Galactica signed comic
Dynamic Forces Chewbacca bust
Vancouverplus.ca Spaghetti Factory $20 GC
Addidas NBA VIP All-Star Experience secondary prize Addidas gymbag + XBox360 faceplate
Cathay Pacific Spot the Difference fridge magnets
Marriott Plan and Go Anywhere travel kit prize pack x2
YTV Where do you UNO? secondary prize UNO Cards, Spin, and Motorized + $35 Dairy Queen GC
Home Made Simple Mr. Clean universal cleaner 2L
Canadian Blood Services/Dell Dell 256 mb USB key
Canadian Blood Services/Dell Dell 17" LCD monitor

Canadian Living/Family (iCongo/Transcontinental) $100 Fa gift basket
divine.ca Nintendo DS Lite + Brain Age PINK :lol:
Caffeine ePrize $15 iTunes GC
Caffeine ePrize $20 webcam
Caffeine ePrize $20 Office Max GC
Caffeine ePrize $20 Netflix GC
Slurpee Spin the Web Spiderman 2.1 DVD
Breyers Racing $10 Esso GC x2

Tribute.ca Cinderalla 3 DVD
Weston Wonder+ metallic soccer ball
WebofPrizes Sony DVD player
WebofPrizes Sony MP3 player

Nivea daily prize pack

As you can see, I enter all sorts of contests. The only type prize I am missing is a free trip.
WOW I entered all the bolded contests and won absolutely nothing except the Axim from Canadian Blood Services. If winners are restricted by area, now I know why. :lol:

Congrats.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Nov 27, 2004
341 posts
977 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
I started contesting last March, and I'm picky as to what I enter for (I don't enter for trips/vacations because I'm too much of a homebody....lol)

Campbell's Soup Instant Win - (GameBoy Advance)
DVD FILE.com - (Revenge of The Nerds: Panty Raid Edition) :D
Hershey's Rip The Wrap - (Wireless Keyboard/Mouse & Memory Key)
MuchMusic.com - (Kodak Digital Camera) - The first thing I won :)
MuchMusic.com - (The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift)
Proctor & Gamble - ($100 PharmaPlus/Rexall GC) - Just received it Today, May 14, 2007 :)
SpaceCast.com - (5 Stephen King Novels, including 1 signed copy)
Tribute.ca - (DVD: Proof) - Gave it to my sister .... heh
TV MegaSite.com - (Smallville: Season 4)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
4578 posts
3447 upvotes
removed win

Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1872 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Just won a $10 Esso card from the Breyers instant win yay that's like a 1/4 tank of gas lol. Better than those Rogers video trials though.
Nov 19, 2006
177 posts
Alright, here's a question to those who have won multiple times - and bear with me, because I know it's been asked before. Are you using roboform or another form filler, or do you manually enter your information? Secondly, are you entering for just yourself, or do you enter for other family members where allowed as well? Because I've been entering consistently for about 8 months now, and with the exception of an XBox 360, which took me roughly 2000 entries in the Pepsi contest, I have won nothing!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
4578 posts
3447 upvotes
pheffern wrote: Alright, here's a question to those who have won multiple times - and bear with me, because I know it's been asked before. Are you using roboform or another form filler, or do you manually enter your information? Secondly, are you entering for just yourself, or do you enter for other family members where allowed as well? Because I've been entering consistently for about 8 months now, and with the exception of an XBox 360, which took me roughly 2000 entries in the Pepsi contest, I have won nothing!
I use roboform for every thing and i can tell you it has not effected my wins, you will be fine to use it. Manually entering will take you forever and you will have the same chances as roboform filling in the information as you would with handtyped

I enter for myself, I enter for my daughter when the sweep is for her age and once in a great big blue moon do i enter my husband. Make sure you read the rules on entering for the whole family as it could get you DQed

My only advice to you is be patient and enter often, Sweeps that are open to USA & Canada have hundreds of thousands of entries and you have a very small chance of winning. Contests that are open to all of Canada have a lot less entries so your chances just got a bit better, and Local sweeps have the best over all odds, also dont forget the snailmail contest those i think have a better chance of winning over any of the above

anyways good luck in your winning for 2007

Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2004
1235 posts
6 upvotes
I enter less than 20 contests per day, and some days I don't bother entering at all. Takes me under 20 minutes to enter everything. I fill all the forms by hand and I win TONS of contests. I rarely enter the daily ones everyday, it depends on my mood. My favorite are the instant win contests and I do try to enter those few everyday.

I really think it just all boils down to luck. Go ahead and argue that if you want, but that is my thought.

You do increase your odds if you enter many different contests per day and do it daily, but I believe if you are going to win, you will win with one or few entries. So far for me it has been the case. To date, I have won well over $82,000 worth of stuff since I started in Spring 2002. I took a long break where I entered nothing for close to a year. The novelty kind of died for me for a while. I did a quick count of my wins and have won over 80 things so far. (I do NOT count wins such as lottery tickets either in this total).

So I think, just keep at it. Keep entering what interests you and don't make it a daily job that takes hours. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Another thing to watch is make sure your IP is not deleting emails automatically that they think is spam. Shaw (the contest email I use) has a setting which gets them to automatically delete what they think is spam and you would never know it if you got a winning email that they deleted. This is set by default and you have to change it through webmail.

To check your settings (if you already know, sorry) do this....

-sign into Shaw Webmail https://webmail.shaw.ca/ (**you HAVE to sign into webmail to change this setting)
-click on EMAIL FILTER tab (beside the delete button)
-make sure you put a dot in the Disable Junk Email Filtering space. Hopefully there is not one on the delete junk mail space! If there was, you will never know what might or might not have been sent!

Telus has a similar setting too.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14800 posts
4267 upvotes
cheleen wrote: I enter less than 20 contests per day, and some days I don't bother entering at all. Takes me under 20 minutes to enter everything. I fill all the forms by hand and I win TONS of contests. I rarely enter the daily ones everyday, it depends on my mood. My favorite are the instant win contests and I do try to enter those few everyday.

I really think it just all boils down to luck. Go ahead and argue that if you want, but that is my thought.

You do increase your odds if you enter many different contests per day and do it daily, but I believe if you are going to win, you will win with one or few entries. So far for me it has been the case.
Yeah, I always enter by hand as well, and I don't spend a lot of time everyday on them. I could use Roboform, but Firefox has a "saved-form" feature where I can just hit Tab and it brings up all the previously-entered options. I usually only enter myself, and if it's a kid's prize then I'll enter my little brother. Instant win ones are nice because you don't have to wait.

I agree it's all luck as well... when I won the trip to Toronto, I had no idea what contest it was because I only entered once then totally forgot about it. :D

I use Yahoo, and I always check my Spam folder.
Nov 27, 2004
341 posts
977 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
pheffern wrote: Alright, here's a question to those who have won multiple times - and bear with me, because I know it's been asked before. Are you using roboform or another form filler, or do you manually enter your information? Secondly, are you entering for just yourself, or do you enter for other family members where allowed as well? Because I've been entering consistently for about 8 months now, and with the exception of an XBox 360, which took me roughly 2000 entries in the Pepsi contest, I have won nothing!
I always use RoboForm.

I've never entered anyone else from my family into a contest, but I do send them an e-mail about a contest if I think they would be interested in the prize being offered.

My favourite contests are Instant Wins and One-Time Entries. They're easier to keep track of. :D
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
1509 posts
31 upvotes
I have never used roboform and I will probably never wil. I am curious for those of you who use it and enter more then 50 contests a day and or spend more 30 minutes a day entering would you still do that without roboform. I know unofficially it makes no difference but am wondering would you still have those totals if you did not. I would very rarely enter more then 30 contests a week and for the past few years according to my guidlines I mentioned above I average between 15 and 30 wins a year which is more then most my friends. As I stated in my tv interview I generally only enter if the prize is something that interests me, something I could never win because its so expensive or could never be purchased or something I can share or pass onto a good friend or family member. As someone sorta stated above keep entering cause you never know when you might win. Also as I stated above I once entered a contest that 3 other people also did I won the grand prize (which was a trip) but because of one of the 3 runner ups (there were 3 runner up prizes) was underage I also got a runer up prize as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1872 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
AmberMoon wrote: ( i personally enter 200-400 contests a day and i yeild several prizes a month)
WOW, that's some serious contesting ambermoon. I'm impressed. I take about 30 mins a day to go through my email and enter the contests I get through the yahoo club I belong to for contests + my 30 daily entries.

I don't seem to have a lot of luck with the instant wins except for those 4 hats from the snickers contest and the recent 10 dollar GC win. But I agree they are great for instant satisfaction haha.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14800 posts
4267 upvotes
grego9198 wrote: WOW, that's some serious contesting ambermoon. I'm impressed. I take about 30 mins a day to go through my email and enter the contests I get through the yahoo club I belong to for contests + my 30 daily entries.

I don't seem to have a lot of luck with the instant wins except for those 4 hats from the snickers contest and the recent 10 dollar GC win. But I agree they are great for instant satisfaction haha.
Yahoo Club? Mind posting the link? :)

I subscribe to ContestCanada, so I get daily emails with new contests. Plus there's RFD.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
2121 posts
122 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
1 time entry 1 per household/IP address instant wins are pretty rare, but I just did it! :eek:

[IMG]http://members.shaw.ca/sparhawk909/Bacardi3.jpg[/IMG]
Pepsi: First a XBox360, then a Samsung 40" LCD HDTV, then a Sony Ericsson W300i, then a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV, then a ...

Coke: What!? This isn't a $2249 Dell Inspiron 6000! It's an entry level $899 laptop! But hey, thanks for the two Nintendo Wii's!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
4578 posts
3447 upvotes
grego9198 wrote: WOW, that's some serious contesting ambermoon. I'm impressed. I take about 30 mins a day to go through my email and enter the contests I get through the yahoo club I belong to for contests + my 30 daily entries.

Dont be impressed i just have no life, i am a stay at home mom and this supplements out income because come christmas time or birthdays i always have presents already won, And so far 3 trips in 3 years so vacations are taken care of also :)
sparhawk909 wrote: 1 time entry 1 per household/IP address instant wins are pretty rare, but I just did it! :eek:
Woot Congrats, didnt have any luck on it

[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
4578 posts
3447 upvotes
removed win

Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1576 upvotes
I havent won anything for a month. Bad dry spell for me :cheesygri

Ive been working longer hours, so I havent been entering as often as I should. So far I have 139 contest on my Sweeps form I use.

I usually enter while Im wathcing TV. I have a laptop, so last night I watched Sopranos and entered contests.

If it wasnt for Roboform I dont know how many i would enter

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)