Contests

[Other]

Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
1214 posts
190 upvotes
Congrats to all the recent winners! Some awesome wins here!
2011 - Sit Down and Win Contest - Movie Download; Shweet - PSP3000 Core; KidsAroundCanada - 4 passes to Kidsfest Toronto
Dec 28, 2006
393 posts
734 upvotes
Maple
I won nestea for a year.. was getting jealous of all of those winning 3X.. I am happy with one :)
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1139 posts
24 upvotes
bozotheclown wrote: I won nestea for a year.. was getting jealous of all of those winning 3X.. I am happy with one :)
i am up to a 110 and haven't won a f****** thing. :mad:
2010..what a year!
Nov 16, 2008
154 posts
174 upvotes
katieo wrote: OMG!!! My first big win!!!!! Can you tell I am excited?!

You have been chosen as the potential GRAND PRIZE winner in Conair’s YouStylista contest.

I have to sign a declaration and send it back by March 1. Then I will be the proud winner of:

Grand Prize — Be The Face of Conair

1. A feature spot on a limited edition 2010 Conair product package*, including:

1. Airfare for two (2) people to Toronto from anywhere in Canada, except Quebec*
2. Two (2) night accommodations at a hotel in the Greater Toronto Area*
3. Professional styling and makeup session*
4. Professional photography session*

Estimated Value = $ 3500.00
*Scheduling and accommodation details to be determined at Conair's discretion.

2. One (1) Modella Tote Bag**

MSRP = $39.99

3. One (1) Cuisinart CleanWaterTM Countertop Filtration System**

MSRP = $169.99

4. A selection of Conair products including one (1) of each of the following**:

* One (1) Infiniti 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Dryer with Retractable Cord
* One (1) MiniPro 1200 Watt Mini Dryer
* One (1) 1-1/2" Instant Heat Curling Iron
* One (1) 1" Satin FinishTM Ceramic Curling Iron
* One (1) ½" Mini Ceramic Straightener
* One (1) You Style Multifunctional Styling Iron
* One (1) 2" Infiniti Pure Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Straightener
* One (1) Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Instant Heat Hair Setter with Heated Clips
* One (1) Travel Hair Setter
* One (1) ION SHINE Medium Nylon Round Brush
* One (1) ION SHINE Paddle Brush
* One (1) ION SHINE Cushion Brush
* One (1) Hang On Shower Radio
* One (1) Weight Watchers® Glass Digital Electronic Scale
* One (1) Conair® Ladies 5 Piece Battery Operated Beauty Kit

Total MSRP = $540.00

OMG!! I haven't been able to pamper myself for so many years because of my financial situation, so this is the most amazing thing ever!

As for the trip, I already live in Toronto. Has anyone had a similar experience with this where part of their prize includes a trip to the area where they reside in? Will I still get to stay in a hotel here?

Wheeeee!!
I made this post on February 24 and have only received the product part of my prize (so I got everything except for the flight, photography, styling, hotel). I was told that they would come up with something else for me since I can't fly to a place I already live in. I am getting somewhat worried because whenever I email the woman in charge of the campaign, she keeps saying sorry and tells me they are still working on it. Last time I heard from her, she assured me that I would hear from her on Monday (yesterday) with an answer. I did not hear from her, so I emailed her this morning but haven't gotten a response. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just wait it out and hope that I get the other part of my prize? Have any of you had to wait this long for a prize? I know my situation is a bit different since they have to replace part of it with something else, but I'm hoping some of you might be able to give a bit of insight.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2007
4192 posts
1315 upvotes
katieo wrote: I made this post on February 24 and have only received the product part of my prize (so I got everything except for the flight, photography, styling, hotel). I was told that they would come up with something else for me since I can't fly to a place I already live in. I am getting somewhat worried because whenever I email the woman in charge of the campaign, she keeps saying sorry and tells me they are still working on it. Last time I heard from her, she assured me that I would hear from her on Monday (yesterday) with an answer. I did not hear from her, so I emailed her this morning but haven't gotten a response. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just wait it out and hope that I get the other part of my prize? Have any of you had to wait this long for a prize? I know my situation is a bit different since they have to replace part of it with something else, but I'm hoping some of you might be able to give a bit of insight.
You might want to consider coming up with a cash value and suggesting it as an equivalent prize yourself? And then hound them until you bore them into submission... but if you still hear nothing from the person you are working with, write to the president / head of the company.

That would be my tactic anyways. Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
5712 posts
990 upvotes
GTA
katieo wrote: I made this post on February 24 and have only received the product part of my prize (so I got everything except for the flight, photography, styling, hotel). I was told that they would come up with something else for me since I can't fly to a place I already live in. I am getting somewhat worried because whenever I email the woman in charge of the campaign, she keeps saying sorry and tells me they are still working on it. Last time I heard from her, she assured me that I would hear from her on Monday (yesterday) with an answer. I did not hear from her, so I emailed her this morning but haven't gotten a response. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just wait it out and hope that I get the other part of my prize? Have any of you had to wait this long for a prize? I know my situation is a bit different since they have to replace part of it with something else, but I'm hoping some of you might be able to give a bit of insight.
I dont get why they didnt just do it anyways you're in Toronto they would of saved on Airfare. Usually this is what they do if you live in Toronto is say there is no cash if winner lives in Toronto. Why they would completely bail on it is beyond silly.

Did they ever give you more reason other than you live in Toronto? Why did you say ok to that? (did u not care for that part?) I would of pepped up and said well I'm in Toronto and I want what I was stated to win.

Sounds like they're giving u the whole run around I had this happen to me before too and I spoke to the CEO of the department as well as head of marketing(she was a complete beeyotych too thats another story lol).
Any-who the CEO kept emailing me saying he'd call me etc. never transpired and I wrote out a long ass email and never really got any form of apology. Reason I emailed was I had 80% of my prize taken from me and I was called a little ***** by their minions.(by accident but the fact is they goofed up and called my cell n mistakenly said it to me rather than to the other coworker) funny now but at the time I was fuming mad and shocked at some of the behavior of a supposed HUGE marketing company.

This is becoming more about me than you but yeah try to get something out of it if you can. I was just showing you what can happen.
Deal Expert
Sep 16, 2007
15552 posts
9068 upvotes
Richmond Hill

if the people you are dealing with are different than the people paying for the contest/prize, I would follow the money trail to the person that signs the checks and let them know what is going on and how bad you feel from this situation. I am sure they never envisioned this when they set out on this campaign.
Jul 21, 2007
21 posts
61 upvotes
BC
10 weeks is not a long wait for a grand prize to be alloted. I've had to wait 4.5 months for this "floozy" to figure out a two day trip for me once. I'd wait a few more days for a response, then send her an email that you will contact conair if there's no response within a few days.
May 30, 2007
445 posts
675 upvotes
The Pas
I have to say that when I won my trip to NY in the Pictionary Man contest the ppl I dealt with were amazing. I won the trip the middle of December. CanWest contacted me, gave me the name of the travel agent who would be making my arrangements and told me that I had $3,000 for my trip and that I could go anywhere I wanted with this money, and to use it as I saw fit for my trip.

The trip was suppose to be a weekend in NY, Boston SanFran or Calgary. When the travel agent contacted me she told me I could go elsewhere if I wanted and that the trip didn't have to be a weekend.

In the end I was able to stretch the trip to 5 days/4 nights in NY (big savings on hotels by not going on weekend) and it covered all the airport fees and travel to/from hotel/airport in NY.

All my arrangements were made by the second week in Jan (only took that long because I was deciding where I wanted to go). Travel agent called this morning to make sure everything was still a go on my end (we are going June 7) and told me if i wanted to stop in and see her on the Friday before we left or on our return she would buy lunch :)
Wins So Far For 2011 $13,540
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
1049 posts
2763 upvotes
"Congratulations, you’ve been randomly selected as the first winner of Battle Empire’s Video Card Sweepstakes." I think I won a ATI radeon HD 5830 Video Card (ARV=$300). It was a weekly prize and the contest included USA too, so the odds were not hat good. :lol:
Biggest Contest Win so far:
Trip to the 2010 Vancouver Winter Games,3 pin sets,4 goalie pins,gear- ColdFX
ADD me on twitter @masterrockerr
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2006
1341 posts
7238 upvotes
Outside Poker Flat
masterrocker wrote: "Congratulations, you’ve been randomly selected as the first winner of Battle Empire’s Video Card Sweepstakes." I think I won a ATI radeon HD 5830 Video Card (ARV=$300). It was a weekly prize and the contest included USA too, so the odds were not hat good. :lol:
Nice! Congrats everyone else, it's just that computer hardware is close to my heart.

I won a Sony gift card on the iCoke FIFA thing ($10)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
2225 posts
1420 upvotes
won $25 to La Senza from anydaymagic in the night.

Congrats to everyone on your latest wins!!
I like contests and deals
Sep 14, 2008
57 posts
3 upvotes
Orangeville
I won the Jelly Belly Wii game this morning, I've been playing everyday since it started and haven't won anything yet so I was pretty shocked to see two of the special beans appear.

Congrats to all the other winners :)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2775 posts
1634 upvotes
SW Ontario
My sister won the Jelly Belly wii game a few days ago - she doesn't have a wii, so she said she'd give the game to me, so I guess you could say I won by proxy. LOL
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
4578 posts
3479 upvotes
Congrats everyone! Very jelous

�I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it

Smile... It confuses people�
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1005 posts
744 upvotes
Ontario
got a call and won a $100 cineplex giftcard..
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
2133 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
I just won Much Music's Iron Man 2 contest, a trip for 2 to England for 3 days to catch an AC/DC concert, holy crap!! I'm shaking!!
May 31, 2009
516 posts
155 upvotes
Northern Ontario
grego9198 wrote: I just won Much Music's Iron Man 2 contest, a trip for 2 to England for 3 days to catch an AC/DC concert, holy crap!! I'm shaking!!
wow, great win. CONGRATS.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

Darlowe, mary1234