• Feb 6th, 2019 12:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1481 posts
124 upvotes
Ontario

Converting bath to a shower...

Need to advice on how to convert my bathtub to a large stand up shower. The old shower area will be a make up station.

How should I waterproof the window area?

Since the base is an irregular size, what should I use as a base? I've previously used a runner membrane, then did my own concrete to create a base and slop tts a drain. Then tiled on top.
Looking to use maybe a trough drain as well.
Images
  • 20190203_094839.jpg
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
6371 posts
2001 upvotes
0 downvotes
you have a window beside it, its highly not recommended to put a window in your shower.
Hello and Welcome to Red Flag Deals!
This is my signature line, nothing special to see here now go away, lol!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5740 posts
3568 upvotes
Why not keep the shower where it is, but make it bigger. Knock out that wall and take it right to the window. And more into the room, with a glass enclosure.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2011
1129 posts
525 upvotes
GTA
If you can, just run the shower long ways, you will have to move that rack and plug. One problem you might have is that your plumbing is probably in that wall separating tub and shower. Is the wall where the plug is an exterior wall?
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11450 posts
6631 upvotes
Paris
GoodFellaz wrote: you have a window beside it, its highly not recommended to put a window in your shower.
By who? TONNES of windows in showers. Pretty standard in a house of a certain age.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1481 posts
124 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks everyone.
I could push the wall closer to the window, but then the window wouldn't be centered along the wall anymore.

I've attached the current floor plan.

I was planning on using a waterproof membrane around the window frame, then using a tile threshold, angled to direct water into the shower.
For the floor, I've just just the black rubber, and create a concrete slope towards a trough drain. What materials should I be using?
Images
  • ensuite1.JPG
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11450 posts
6631 upvotes
Paris
Gee wrote: Voyeur?
Not me man. I just get called in to replace the old drafty ones with a new one. Usually a new frosted one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)