Coors beer , made in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2020 9:50 pm
[OP]
Feb 22, 2009
260 posts
76 upvotes

Coors beer , made in Canada

Now it's called "original," it used to be Banquet. Anyway, I used to drink the stuff when I was in Texas, long ago and far away.; The stuff we currently buy here is made in Toronto by Molson's. For any of you who drink the stuff and did drink the stuff made in USA, do you think this current stuff is the same? I think it's fairly similar, but I don't think it's exactly the same thing. Then again, the drinker changes with time, so maybe the beer is the same as it was.
Anyone? Thanks
I'm glad that I finally found the button.......
8 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36347 posts
10587 upvotes
Ottawa
American beer and Canadian beer is different, even if it has the same brand name. Not sure what you are trying to say.
Oh and Coors owns Molson.
Jul 7, 2020
372 posts
195 upvotes
Apparently the new "original" brew is different from Banquet, and fans of the old Banquet brew are incensed from what I've seen. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I thought Coors Banquet was one of the best mainstream beers on the market, but it looks like I wont be trying the new Original anytime soon.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14736 posts
4869 upvotes
GTA
KhetysTeachings wrote: Apparently the new "original" brew is different from Banquet, and fans of the old Banquet brew are incensed from what I've seen. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I thought Coors Banquet was one of the best mainstream beers on the market, but it looks like I wont be trying the new Original anytime soon.
Are they not producing Banquet anymore? Just bought some recently...it was my go to of the mainstream beers.
Jul 7, 2020
372 posts
195 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: Are they not producing Banquet anymore? Just bought some recently...it was my go to of the mainstream beers.
From what I understand, no they are not making Banquet anymore.
Jul 20, 2012
740 posts
308 upvotes
Guelph
I brought 2 cases back from the States (remember when we could go to the States). The bottles were the stubby bottles. I picked up a case a month ago at the Beer Store and they're in the regular long neck bottles. It tasted the same to me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)