• May 21st, 2019 9:32 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2010
1065 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto

Cordless Panasonic Home Phone -- Poor Receiver / Speaker Audio

PROBLEM
Garbled, Mechanical Sound from the cordless handset's receiver and speaker. See video below.

DEVICE
Handset: Panasonic kx-tgfa30c
Base Station: Panasonic kx-tgf350

SUMMARY
I'm using a Panasonic Digital Cordless Answering System with 5 cordless handsets. I've had it for 2 years and it has been perfect. However, for the last 2 months i've been experiencing poor quality audio coming from both the receiver and speaker. The sound has a mechanical gurgling tone to it. Furthermore, the person on the other end is also having troubles hearing me.

I've tried changing handsets from around the home including using the base handset near the base station. They all produce the same problem. No setting within the handset or base station has been changed since i first installed the unit. Batteries are all topped up fine. I've attached my old corded phone to the wall jack and, of course, the receiver / speaker works fine -- audio quality is ok.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7070 posts
3384 upvotes
you should be able to change wireless channels on that cordless phones until you find something better and less interfered with
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1894 posts
1584 upvotes
Québec
badOne wrote: you should be able to change wireless channels on that cordless phones until you find something better and less interfered with
No, thoses are digital dect phone,you cannot change channels.

Dect phone operate between 1920 and 1930 MHz. No wifi devices or bluetooh, or microwave ovens should interfere with this.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9474 posts
2650 upvotes
It almost sounds like the conversation had been sped up 1.25X to 1.50X. Are you using Bell home phone or some IP device like Ooma?

Here's a guy having a similar problem using Ooma,
https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20125
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2989 posts
2030 upvotes
Calgary
Friend's unit does the same thing, and I believe it's the same system. The mic on theirs seems ok though - just speakerphone is garbled like that.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
rosario99 wrote: I've tried changing handsets from around the home including using the base handset near the base station. They all produce the same problem. No setting within the handset or base station has been changed since i first installed the unit. Batteries are all topped up fine. I've attached my old corded phone to the wall jack and, of course, the receiver / speaker works fine -- audio quality is ok.
The bolded indicates your phone lines are OK.
That would lead me to believe something is amiss with your base station. How is the base station on its own?
Have you tried unpairing and then pairing each of your handsets?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)