Shopping Discussion

Coronavirus: Quebec orders 2-week shutdown of non-essential businesses starting Christmas Day

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2020 7:06 pm
[OP]
Mar 20, 2009
221 posts
310 upvotes

Coronavirus: Quebec orders 2-week shutdown of non-essential businesses starting Christmas Day

Hi !

Link : https://globalnews.ca/news/7523567/coro ... stmas-day/

December 26 2020 to january 11 2020 : Quebec will close all non essential bussinesses.

Geant retailer like costco and wal-mart will remove access to clothes and other stuff not essentials during the period...

Quebec wants equity because during the first shut down smaller bussinesses were closes but gean retailers like costco and wal-mart was still selling clothes, dvd, books etc...

Discuss...
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1031 posts
588 upvotes
London, On
Look for Ontario to do the same I think.
Jan 16, 2011
718 posts
166 upvotes
Hamilton
Hmmm. How do call a business nonessential when someone is making a living running it? Seems pretty essential to them and their family.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2009
221 posts
310 upvotes
I am more intrigued about with self checkout. How will the stores will react?

Exemples Maxi and Cie sell non-essentials products like toys... I understand government wants faire trade against small medium bussinesses..
Mar 6, 2015
918 posts
469 upvotes
Robidas Island
So will amazon still deliver these "non-essential" items in Quebec?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4577 upvotes
Alberta
djeffery wrote: -Guess I can sleep in Boxing Day lol
No good sales for the last 5 years anyways.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1031 posts
588 upvotes
London, On
jackrabbit000 wrote: No good sales for the last 5 years anyways.
True that. And I bought a new TV this summer anyway
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7068 posts
1779 upvotes
Toronto
It now Ontario wide lockdown starting Christmas Eve...
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1552 posts
916 upvotes
NOYB
smartie wrote: We need more enforcement, not more lockdown
I was reading somewhere on rfd that some areas regulate by depending on neighbours grassing on each other.

It's not going to work too well if people in the neighbourhood happen to share the same mentality and such. :(
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

🖕 to the self righteous double standard fascist POS on this forum.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6048 posts
1909 upvotes
Montreal
mathbes wrote: I am more intrigued about with self checkout. How will the stores will react?

Exemples Maxi and Cie sell non-essentials products like toys... I understand government wants faire trade against small medium bussinesses..
It'll depend on the instructions given to stores. This is what Costco had to to in Winnipeg: https://savemoneyinwinnipeg.com/what-co ... -manitoba/

Legault and his team were evasive during the announcement regarding how they'll implement restrictions. It wasn't clear if the stores would have to rope off sections with non-essential products.
Mar 6, 2015
918 posts
469 upvotes
Robidas Island
Funny how gov't continues to earn full tax-funded salary while denying some people the right to earn a living.