Ongoing Deal Discussion

Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 5:06 pm
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 8, 2007
19 posts
26 upvotes
Victoria/Vancouver
I’ve scanned through this thread quite a lot, and have seen a lot of people mentioning the $300 activation credit at $12.50/mo for 24 months. When I log in to rogersdirect, the message I see regarding this explicitly says Not eligible with any Employee Purchase Plans. but based on the posts I’ve seen here, people have got it. How?
89A8B34B-8E13-49BF-8CF4-46DA4D9F8EBE.jpeg
Newbie
Jan 5, 2018
46 posts
64 upvotes
taylur wrote: I’ve scanned through this thread quite a lot, and have seen a lot of people mentioning the $300 activation credit at $12.50/mo for 24 months. When I log in to rogersdirect, the message I see regarding this explicitly says Not eligible with any Employee Purchase Plans. but based on the posts I’ve seen here, people have got it. How? 89A8B34B-8E13-49BF-8CF4-46DA4D9F8EBE.jpeg
You can get it on the infinite plans with the various tabs. It cannot be used on the EPP plans, such as the 5gb $56 a month plan or the $74.75 share everything plan.
Newbie
Jun 13, 2019
81 posts
31 upvotes
taylur wrote: I’ve scanned through this thread quite a lot, and have seen a lot of people mentioning the $300 activation credit at $12.50/mo for 24 months. When I log in to rogersdirect, the message I see regarding this explicitly says Not eligible with any Employee Purchase Plans. but based on the posts I’ve seen here, people have got it. How? 89A8B34B-8E13-49BF-8CF4-46DA4D9F8EBE.jpeg
My understanding is that the $300 credit is included in the plan price (@ $12.5/month for 24 months) along with another $10/month discount. See the screenshot from Rogers EPP (Lifestyle Wireless) for Note 10+ which is $290 on Edge 40. This is the exact same price that Rogers Direct quoted me on phone.
Images
  • IMG_20191201_144727.jpg
Newbie
Jun 13, 2019
81 posts
31 upvotes
lyh_chnxm wrote: I believe the edge40 $85.5 already included the $300 credit
I think so too. This is what I see on Rogers EPP (Lifestyle Wireless)
Images
  • IMG_20191201_144727.jpg
Jr. Member
Jun 30, 2016
134 posts
167 upvotes
Vancouver
The included discount is the epp discount on the monthly plan. There is an activation credit of $300 that is paid out monthly in addition to the plan discount. Two different kinds of discounts.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 8, 2007
19 posts
26 upvotes
Victoria/Vancouver
Ah! This makes sense, I don’t know how I didn’t clue in here. So in this image, as long as I select an Infinite plan and not something under the EPP banner, I should be alright? The credit won’t show up on the website but will on the bill?
F96B5B79-3C78-4574-A252-74C01210D086.jpeg
Member
Jun 23, 2003
363 posts
147 upvotes
Just a general question, are EPP from Telus plans eligible for Easy Roam like the consumer side?

So $10 or whatever it is, per day to US$12 or more other places? Or are they PPU rates unless you get a formal add on?
Newbie
Dec 22, 2006
86 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
rfduser2019 wrote: You could sign up on additional line, yes. Or if he doesn't need another connection then you could have the primary line along with phone/plan discounts etc. The line would just be under his name.
Say you take over his account instead of setting up an additional line, still under his name. Could you port your existing number to 'his' line?
Newbie
Feb 17, 2011
38 posts
My girlfriend got a good deal today. She kept is 77$-30% plan for 7gb and got an iPhone XR free, a Huawei t5 tablette with LTE free for 24 mois.

She will pay 54$/month.
Member
Sep 2, 2017
350 posts
420 upvotes
Edmonton
browna wrote: Just a general question, are EPP from Telus plans eligible for Easy Roam like the consumer side?

So $10 or whatever it is, per day to US$12 or more other places? Or are they PPU rates unless you get a formal add on?
Yes, it's eligible for Easy Roam! After you're set up you either have to add it online via MyTelus or text ROAM to 7626.
Newbie
Jun 13, 2019
81 posts
31 upvotes
spackler wrote: Say you take over his account instead of setting up an additional line, still under his name. Could you port your existing number to 'his' line?
I am not entirely sure but it might be possible.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 8, 2006
5392 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
I just went free note9
60/month
5gb
+40 root gc
couldn't find a better deal with a phone.

Was paying 43/month for the same. So ~400 for the phone.
Member
Aug 9, 2008
431 posts
218 upvotes
Finally pulled the trigger with Rogers. Opened 2 lines both with the Iphone 11 64gb

$0 upfront and we keep the phones after 24 months. Line 1: $85.50 (20gb) Line 2: $87.50 (10gb) = 30gb shared monthly with no data overage fees

Here's the kicker though, I initially called last Friday and the lady rep I spoke mentioned that she was willing to include the IPAD 6th generation as part of the deal (in store doorcrasher). The rep I spoke to today initially didn't extend it, but I held my ground. After being on hold for 10 minutes, they finally extended it to me.

The difference between Rogers and Telus was $26.55/mo after taxes so it was a no-brainer for me.

It is bittersweet though as I will need to say goodbye to my $40 Freedom holiday wish plan which I plan to transfer to my cousin Crying Face
Jr. Member
Sep 9, 2012
199 posts
162 upvotes
Ottawa
corvax wrote: Finally pulled the trigger with Rogers. Opened 2 lines both with the Iphone 11 64gb

$0 upfront and we keep the phones after 24 months. Line 1: $85.50 (20gb) Line 2: $87.50 (10gb) = 30gb shared monthly with no data overage fees

Here's the kicker though, I initially called last Friday and the lady rep I spoke mentioned that she was willing to include the IPAD 6th generation as part of the deal (in store doorcrasher). The rep I spoke to today initially didn't extend it, but I held my ground. After being on hold for 10 minutes, they finally extended it to me.

The difference between Rogers and Telus was $26.55/mo after taxes so it was a no-brainer for me.

It is bittersweet though as I will need to say goodbye to my $40 Freedom holiday wish plan which I plan to transfer to my cousin Crying Face
Are you in Quebec?

For the people getting $85.50 with Rogers edge 40, where are you getting this deal?

I'm looking to get a note 10+ and another byod line. Currently my federal gov Rogers Epp partner site shows edge 40 with 20gb infiniteas $135.

Finally, what's the deal with free tablets and Sonos?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)