Ongoing Deal Discussion

Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2024 7:17 am
Mar 16, 2017
35 posts
30 upvotes
Last year as part of the EPP Peace of Mind my wife was able to get an IPhone 11 for $12.92 a month on a 2 year contract. I’m still using an IPhone 8 Plus and would like to upgrade but I don’t see any device deals in this price range. Does anyone think any older IPhone models will be available to own outright for approximate 15$ a month this Black Friday?
May 2, 2013
41 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up for a Rogers Epp BYOD $50 15gb via live chat and $50 setup fee was waived. Also, the agent gave me extra 5gb data so I got 20gb $50 BYOD plan. There are 2 minor downsides with this route. I have to wait for a sim card to arrive to my address. It takes 2 days to arrive. Purolator is delivering my sim card and there is a tracking number for this. Also, when I was opening my account, I told the agent that I am going to port my number. However, I was still provided with a phone number and my account was activated as of today. So technicaly, I am paying for 1-2days while waiting for a sim card to arrive. I asked about this today and looks like there is no way for Rogers to do anything about this. At the end of the day, my setup fee was waived and got extra 5gb so I am happy. Don’t pay the setup fee and get 20gb instead of 15gb :)
Nov 20, 2020
30 posts
10 upvotes
tor1deal wrote: Does anyone has any idea about last year's (2020) deal from Telus EPP for BYOD mobile plan on Black Friday?
Last year was 20GB for $50 but for new activations only (not sure if there were other promos ). Would be the most underwhelming Black Friday deal to limit it for new activations. I might as well leave and port back in as a new activation.
Sep 17, 2005
599 posts
68 upvotes
yea last year's Telus EPP black friday was underwhelming, iPhone 11 for $13/mth on select plans, BYOD 20GB for $50 for new activations and free galaxy buds with specific Samsung phones

I want to upgrade my S10+ but probably just gonna go the pixel 6 route straight from Google and trade in my S10+ 🤷‍♂️
XBL - airjordan604 | PSN - airjordan604
Mar 7, 2016
177 posts
72 upvotes
Last year's Telus BF deal was $50/20gb for new and existing customers. I got it as an existing BYOD customer. When they brought back the deal after BF, it was for new activations only.
Nov 20, 2020
30 posts
10 upvotes
DDSDude96 wrote: Last year's Telus BF deal was $50/20gb for new and existing customers. I got it as an existing BYOD customer. When they brought back the deal after BF, it was for new activations only.
Fingers crossed that something like that (or better) will come around this time of the year.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1104 posts
352 upvotes
cybersbh2 wrote: I signed up for a Rogers Epp BYOD $50 15gb via live chat and $50 setup fee was waived. Also, the agent gave me extra 5gb data so I got 20gb $50 BYOD plan. There are 2 minor downsides with this route. I have to wait for a sim card to arrive to my address. It takes 2 days to arrive. Purolator is delivering my sim card and there is a tracking number for this. Also, when I was opening my account, I told the agent that I am going to port my number. However, I was still provided with a phone number and my account was activated as of today. So technicaly, I am paying for 1-2days while waiting for a sim card to arrive. I asked about this today and looks like there is no way for Rogers to do anything about this. At the end of the day, my setup fee was waived and got extra 5gb so I am happy. Don’t pay the setup fee and get 20gb instead of 15gb :)
Added my fiancé to my line and got this plan.
Jun 27, 2012
126 posts
72 upvotes
Calgary
MichaelL7145 wrote: Fingers crossed that something like that (or better) will come around this time of the year.
Just received an email from Telus saying "Bring your own device and get 20GB of high‑speed data for only $50/mo."; I don't remember when I last saw this offer before, might have been in the spring, not too often anyways. Other than that 15 GB for 50$ was the "norm" and Telus used to come up with the last offer to look at. They caught up with the others by sweetening the deal in regards to waiving the connection fee and making the plan sharable.

Edit: just got another email from Telus saying: "Oops...Hi,
We got a little too excited to share our new deals and hit send with the wrong offer details.
Here is the real deal. Bring your own device and get 15GB of high‑speed data for only $50/mo."
Oct 26, 2021
1 posts
selinis wrote: Just received an email from Telus saying "Bring your own device and get 20GB of high‑speed data for only $50/mo."; I don't remember when I last saw this offer before, might have been in the spring, not too often anyways. Other than that 15 GB for 50$ was the "norm" and Telus used to come up with the last offer to look at. They caught up with the others by sweetening the deal in regards to waiving the connection fee and making the plan sharable.

Edit: just got another email from Telus saying: "Oops...Hi,
We got a little too excited to share our new deals and hit send with the wrong offer details.
Here is the real deal. Bring your own device and get 15GB of high‑speed data for only $50/mo."
I also received this email 5 hours ago, I called them right away and had my accounts changed over to the $50/mo with 20GB. I just received the "Oops..." email but my account still shows the $50/mo with 20GB. If you call them, they might still honor the 20Gb deal.
Oct 17, 2020
27 posts
19 upvotes
so maybe that's the upcoming BF deal? so much for playing catch up LOL

think Bell EPP is at $50/20gb
Mar 7, 2016
177 posts
72 upvotes
Anyone know if there is any difference between the old PoM plans and these new "unlimited" plans. Seems like they just rebranded them.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2937 upvotes
Markham
Just live chat with Telus EPP and was told $50 20gb is new activation BYOD only ? To change as an existing customer, only one avail is the $56 15gb ?! Did I get a bad rep ??
Mar 7, 2016
177 posts
72 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote: Just live chat with Telus EPP and was told $50 20gb is new activation BYOD only ? To change as an existing customer, only one avail is the $56 15gb ?! Did I get a bad rep ??
I don't think so. I checked my portal and no sign of $50/20gb for existing customers. $56/15gb, $65/20gb, $70/30gb, $75/40gb is what I saw.
Jan 19, 2008
129 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
I see this on my Telus epp site. Can’t sign up though.
Images
  • 9295261A-7833-4CEC-B82F-36E67016A09B.jpeg
Avid thrift-er
Banned
Dec 31, 2017
11 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone have experience porting into Rogers EPP from either Telus or Bell? Was it fairly painless - new sims, keeping your existing numbers, etc? Like others, the best I can get for my existing Telus lines is $56/mth so I am thinking of porting to Rogers for their $50/mth BYOD. Don't really want to go through the hassle, but I have 4 lines so $24/mth savings seems worth it.
Oct 30, 2013
235 posts
108 upvotes
Better to pull the trigger on the $50/20Gb with Telus now or wait for Black Friday? Might get a new iPhone if there are some decent Black Friday deals for the iPhone 12
Sep 29, 2015
552 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jdawg26 wrote: Better to pull the trigger on the $50/20Gb with Telus now or wait for Black Friday? Might get a new iPhone if there are some decent Black Friday deals for the iPhone 12
No device deals at all right now, definitely saving them for BF. Personally I’m waiting for BF deals as that’s when my 2 years is up.

2 years ago I grabbed an iPhone XR for like $2.50 a month on TELUS, and this was before the “bring it back” scam that they have going now to keep payments low in light in increasing device costs.

I’m skeptical that there will be deals that come close to that, but one can hope!
Jan 19, 2007
717 posts
188 upvotes
diggidydave wrote: No device deals at all right now, definitely saving them for BF. Personally I’m waiting for BF deals as that’s when my 2 years is up.

2 years ago I grabbed an iPhone XR for like $2.50 a month on TELUS, and this was before the “bring it back” scam that they have going now to keep payments low in light in increasing device costs.

I’m skeptical that there will be deals that come close to that, but one can hope!
I personally think the bring it back program is great especially that I don’t need to worry about selling my phone on Kijiji or eBay. I got my iPhone 11 Pro when it was on promo for $23/month, so I paid around $600 to lease for 2 years. It’s a decent deal when there’s a promo like that. Otherwise, I agree that no one should go on bring it back when it’s at regular price.
Sep 29, 2015
552 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jyd_me wrote: I personally think the bring it back program is great especially that I don’t need to worry about selling my phone on Kijiji or eBay. I got my iPhone 11 Pro when it was on promo for $23/month, so I paid around $600 to lease for 2 years. It’s a decent deal when there’s a promo like that. Otherwise, I agree that no one should go on bring it back when it’s at regular price.
It’s not a scam in the true sense, but the monthly payment is all anyone looks at, so bring it back is a way that the industry has been able to cut subsidies without it getting more expensive on a monthly basis.

It is what it is, just saying with this new scheme there will never be another $2/ month IPhone. It will include “bring it back”.
Jul 27, 2019
53 posts
40 upvotes
diggidydave wrote: No device deals at all right now, definitely saving them for BF. Personally I’m waiting for BF deals as that’s when my 2 years is up.

You and I brother, except mine was $4/month. I'm going to wait for BF, when is it btw?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)