Ongoing Deal Discussion

Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2020 11:31 pm
Dec 23, 2015
271 posts
179 upvotes
Kingston, ON
beancounter6 wrote: Has anyone had luck with getting telus to waive the activation fee?
There's currently a promo going on that they waive the fee for online activations if you check their main website home page/the Normal page of the phone you want.

That could give you some leverage.
Oct 26, 2012
21 posts
5 upvotes
Whitehorse
GameChannel wrote: I suggest you move your line to the new EPP plans (20 GB) that range from $50/month to $63.75 per month depending on the provider and the EPP discounts. Also, consider moving to a phone like S10+ which, together with the plan, will run you about $80 plus tax. Better phone, better plan. Since your wife still has a year left on her contract (and I am assuming a substantial device balance left), she should wait until her contract is over to move the EPP plan unless she can have the carrier waive the remaining device balance.
Just called Telus EPP and what I was able to get out of them was this:

20gb plan.
Sign a new 2 year contract for two lines. (Only one is eligible for EPP)
2 x Samsung s10's
$162 tax in.

Would have to pay out $400 balance on the old S8 that is still on contract.

Not terrible IMO..
May 3, 2010
263 posts
46 upvotes
Braddock54 wrote: Just called Telus EPP and what I was able to get out of them was this:

20gb plan.
2 x Samsung s10's
$162 tax in.

Not terrible IMO..
That's a good deal. The friggin' device balance on the S8 hurts though.. the phone isn't worth $400 anymore...
Oct 26, 2012
21 posts
5 upvotes
Whitehorse
GameChannel wrote: That's a good deal. The friggin' device balance on the S8 hurts though.. the phone isn't worth $400 anymore...
Painful right!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4969 posts
4599 upvotes
Braddock54 wrote: Just called Telus EPP and what I was able to get out of them was this:

20gb plan.
2 x Samsung s10's
$162 tax in.

Not terrible IMO..
20GB per phone I hope or shared?
Aug 19, 2015
28 posts
3 upvotes
Is the telus iPhone 11 EPP BIB a good deal?

$63.75 per month + $20.50 per month for 20GB data plan

Comes to $84.25 per month and the BIB value at the end is $190.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13936 posts
3213 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ChefCurry wrote: Is the telus iPhone 11 EPP BIB a good deal?

$63.75 per month + $20.50 per month for 20GB data plan

Comes to $84.25 per month and the BIB value at the end is $190.
Why not get rid of the bring it back so you can sell your iPhone 11 for like $500?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4173 posts
2751 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
geokilla wrote: Why not get rid of the bring it back so you can sell your iPhone 11 for like $500?
Or you can pay the BIB for $190 then sell it back for $500. This way you don't tie yourself $190. Either way its the same, but you don't have to front up the extra funds.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3609 posts
2478 upvotes
Toronto
Are you guys essentially giving your numbers over to your company to get these plans? I looked into it and they said to get the plans you will lose the number when you leave the company? Will be a hassle since I've had it 10+ years
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Jul 25, 2019
251 posts
77 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: Are you guys essentially giving your numbers over to your company to get these plans? I looked into it and they said to get the plans you will lose the number when you leave the company? Will be a hassle since I've had it 10+ years
No. The plan has nothing to do with your company... aside from the preferred pricing. You could leave your company when you are on the plan and still keep the pricing...
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3609 posts
2478 upvotes
Toronto
beancounter6 wrote: No. The plan has nothing to do with your company... aside from the preferred pricing. You could leave your company when you are on the plan and still keep the pricing...
Good to know, thanks, no idea what was about then, some different type of program I guess ...
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20898 posts
2250 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote: Good to know, thanks, no idea what was about then, some different type of program I guess ...
I think you are referring to the corporate plans that the organization is fully paying for. My organization allows you to port in your # onto these corprate plans but yes, good luck getting your # back (huge PITA).

These are corporate employee purchase plans, where you get a decent rate based on your company for personal use.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4173 posts
2751 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Anyone know the new business hours for Telus EPP? I tried calling 1-844-888-4440 but says closed. Really don't want to wake up early but I guess I may have to. I need to migrate a consumer account to EPP.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Oct 10, 2009
135 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
With telus Peace-Of-Mind CONNECT plans , when adding a tablet does it also get the reduced speeds when you hit the data limit or does it stop working.
Jul 20, 2005
342 posts
107 upvotes
I see the $63.75 20GB plan is gone now. I need to get a new device and plan in the next 3 weeks, so I'm guessing the $68 promo connect plus is probably my next best bet?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)