• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2019 6:09 pm
Feb 18, 2013
899 posts
919 upvotes
Victoria
Watchdogz wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 4:29 pm
Ya that’s what i’m saying. I’d rather pay off the balance right away rather than wait the 2 years. I’d keep the phone as a secondary one or sell it or give it to a family member and then buy the new iphone that comes out in september outright, if I can’t get a good deal on it. So you’re sure I can pay it off right away?
You'll most likely get charged full retail for the phone. Without a device balance you would have no commitment to them anymore.
Feb 24, 2009
570 posts
175 upvotes
Watchdogz wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 4:29 pm
Ya that’s what i’m saying. I’d rather pay off the balance right away rather than wait the 2 years. I’d keep the phone as a secondary one or sell it or give it to a family member and then buy the new iphone that comes out in september outright, if I can’t get a good deal on it. So you’re sure I can pay it off right away?
I think what they are trying to say is the $1200 activation discount isn't a gift per say ie. if you cancel now you would still owe them the entire $1200 activation discount as well as your device balance of $312. However if you ended up staying with them for the full two years the activation discount would slowly reduce each month until it became $0 after two years. This would be contrary to how koodo has their tab system where the activation discount is not clawed back when you cancel right away, however I have been reading that koodo will likely be getting rid of that fairly soon as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1238 posts
567 upvotes
Hamilton
Bell says the corp plan is for 3 years when I tried to cancel my contract after 2+ years in order to switch to another carrier. I thought CRTC rules only allow them for up to 2 years. Any thought?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6574 posts
3415 upvotes
Canada
HamsiBrain wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 4:49 pm
Bell says the corp plan is for 3 years when I tried to cancel my contract after 2+ years in order to switch to another carrier. I thought CRTC rules only allow them for up to 2 years. Any thought?
Wireless Code rules don't apply to corporate contracts
Public Mobile, Koodo and Freedom Mobile customer
Sep 2, 2017
263 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
Jaylay14 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 11:13 pm
I talked to a Telus EPP rep on the phone and asked if I were to get the S10+ if I could payoff the balance of $312 right away. He said I would have to pay off the whole cost of the phone including the activation credits. But also mentioned that since the prices for the plan and phone are separated now that I can change my plan to any of the other new EPP plans and that I would just still pay $13 on top of that.

I was going to ordered the S10+ but now I’m a bit skeptics after hearing what the rep said. If anyone else talks to a rep and gets something different please let us know!

I do understand why they would do it that way though since that activation credit is quite huge.
For everyone that's asking about paying off the phones (early) that are now heavily discounted with the new activation credits, I got told the above on the phone last night (in bold).
Dec 31, 2018
126 posts
73 upvotes
1-anh wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 4:38 pm
I think what they are trying to say is the $1200 activation discount isn't a gift per say ie. if you cancel now you would still owe them the entire $1200 activation discount as well as your device balance of $312. However if you ended up staying with them for the full two years the activation discount would slowly reduce each month until it became $0 after two years. This would be contrary to how koodo has their tab system where the activation discount is not clawed back when you cancel right away, however I have been reading that koodo will likely be getting rid of that fairly soon as well.
Ya I have no idea what i’d be charged. It doesn’t say anything (that I can find) about $1200 or any price for the phone... I don’t plan on cancelling the contract because its a good plan for myself, but I could see why they would think “no obligation to us anymore” and that I can leave any time.
Feb 27, 2010
213 posts
121 upvotes
As long as u stay with them for 2 years then you have nothing to worry about...make sure the plan is what u want...and if u need to change it then have a backup back up plan with Telus that your comfortable with...for me I’m good with the 10gb...if I gotta go to 20 then I’m ok with 76 bucks a month...there giving u a new awesome phone for a very good price...they need to cover there end that you’ll be giving them money every month for 2 years...win win for both

If I was a Samsung guy I would be all over that S10+ but I’m an iPhone guy
Dec 6, 2008
507 posts
228 upvotes
Watchdogz wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 5:02 pm
Ya I have no idea what i’d be charged. It doesn’t say anything (that I can find) about $1200 or any price for the phone... I don’t plan on cancelling the contract because its a good plan for myself, but I could see why they would think “no obligation to us anymore” and that I can leave any time.
if you log into your epp account, under plans & devices it will tell you your device balance, you'd owe that number plus the bring it back amount if you were to cancel or port out your number.
i got 99 problems but PM'ing ain't one ;)
Jun 22, 2008
137 posts
12 upvotes
LOL. thats was me being bored. This was getting way boring and that other dude that didnt wanna give up his epp connect...what was him name turbo blah blah. I got more responses than people actually helping. #socialexperimentgonewrong
Oct 8, 2005
53 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Does anyone know how Telus's Simple Share works vs their Peace of Mind plans? Data appears to be the same cost/gig however one is shareable and the other no limits. If i were to add a family member to the shareable one, how much am I saving per line, if anything?
None of this is very clear on their website
Dec 31, 2018
126 posts
73 upvotes
darkmaniac wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 6:03 pm
Does anyone know how Telus's Simple Share works vs their Peace of Mind plans? Data appears to be the same cost/gig however one is shareable and the other no limits. If i were to add a family member to the shareable one, how much am I saving per line, if anything?
None of this is very clear on their website
So it’s essentially this. The “peace of mind” is unlimited data throttled after the given amount of 10gb, 20gb or 50gb. This cannot be shared! The simple share plans are the same data values, however this can be shared. Therefore, if you bring lets say 2 family members with you (so 3 total), you can have one person on the 20gb plan and the other two people on the 10gb plan. This will equal 40gb of data for the total cost of $76+67+67=$210 plus tax. You guys would then share 40gb between the 3 of you so just under 14 gigs each a month (equally). If you live in ontario, this would come out to $79 per month after tax for each person. That is not a bad deal at all.

This can all be different if you all decide to get 10gb plans for a total of 30gb (if one person uses way less than the other etc etc). All depends on your needs
May 17, 2011
14 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Something else to consider - if you have an Apple Watch you would need to get a shareable plan to utilize your phone's data. The representative I just spoke to on the phone also confirmed that roam like home add ons are available.

Also, iPhone xs max 256gb is only available in gold now. My order was put on "hold" because the website is not accurately reflecting their stock levels and they had run out of silver.
Sep 2, 2017
263 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
copperexquisite_ wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 6:43 pm
Something else to consider - if you have an Apple Watch you would need to get a shareable plan to utilize your phone's data. The representative I just spoke to on the phone also confirmed that roam like home add ons are available.

Also, iPhone xs max 256gb is only available in gold now. My order was put on "hold" because the website is not accurately reflecting their stock levels and they had run out of silver.
I actually found pairing the Apple Watch plan with the peace of mind plan was better. My Apple Watch has it's own data now at 5 GB then throttles afterwards all for $10.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1383 posts
572 upvotes
EDMONTON
So if I sign up 4 people through telus EPP we cant get 67-15 $52/ month each line??

That's lame

Thread Information

There are currently 29 users viewing this thread. (14 members and 15 guests)

andykumar, cdncbum12, Firefighterjd11, edmonton101, snackk, darkspider, shiqiliu10, Richard1986, cammo_18, superhaoyu, Eithay, matt1396, Wrestlemania, fouram33