Ongoing Deal Discussion

Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2024 7:17 am
Nov 27, 2017
259 posts
434 upvotes
thefusio15 wrote: Very "niche" question: all my lines are QC numbers, but I now reside in Ontario. (Had the same number for 10y+ at this point).

Would any of the carrier require me to take on a Ontario plan if I go with them? I know in the past they would not have difficulty activating a QC plan with a ON address, as long as the number was QC, but that was at least (5?) years back.

Currently I pay approx. 45$ a line for 20GB, with the increase bringing me to 50$. Except my current discounts (former employee) ends in August, which would bring each line to approx. 65$.

Any (somewhat) recent datapoint for people in that situation?

I am not AT ALL considering changing my lines to ON numbers.
Same situation here. I always aign up for QC plans even residing in Ontario with my 514 number. Dont get Ontario plan theyll have difficulty porting an ON plan to a QC #
Sep 16, 2015
23 posts
6 upvotes
Oakville, ON
gdragon wrote: Has anyone on Bell received an email today saying their rate is going up by $5?
Yes me too! I’m currently on the $75 Can-US 60GB plan from Bell. Which one are you on? Disappointed because Bell has a 100GB Can-US plan for new customers for $75! Pouting Face EPP for both
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
vanclty wrote: When I concert to US plan, does my lte watch also get US roaming?
No. Add-on tablet and watch SIMs don't get CAN-US roaming included. Data share is only in Canada.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Jan 6, 2014
224 posts
61 upvotes
Burnaby
Does the multi line discount apply for EPP plans with Bell?
Jul 3, 2019
912 posts
503 upvotes
vanhalen26 wrote: Any EPP Canada US TELUS plans?
There was an EPP Unlimited Canada-US 30 5G+ offer recently. Not sure if it’s still active though.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
What's the price after 24 months?
Jun 10, 2022
17 posts
7 upvotes
gdragon wrote: Has anyone on Bell received an email today saying their rate is going up by $5?
I didn't get an email but did see a message on my Bell Mobility bill saying it was going up by $5 in 2 months.
Oct 20, 2019
198 posts
204 upvotes
Any good bell deal, data only plan

Paying 45gb for 66.50$ before tax.
Dec 5, 2016
721 posts
1117 upvotes
Got an email from TELUS notifying me of the $5 increase.

So this is indisputable evidence of price-fixing, right? Two "competitors" raising the price of their legacy EPP plans at the same time by the same amount?
Oct 18, 2014
118 posts
43 upvotes
TouchMyBox wrote: Got an email from TELUS notifying me of the $5 increase.

So this is indisputable evidence of price-fixing, right? Two "competitors" raising the price of their legacy EPP plans at the same time by the same amount?
Received the same email today from Telus. Absolute BS
Nov 17, 2002
354 posts
243 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Only way to stop this is to support smaller players like Freedom/Wind (before merge) etc but as soon as the big 3 toss out a few deals, we all flock to them (myself included).
Nov 24, 2016
546 posts
191 upvotes
Calgary
Brianjfleming wrote: Yes me too! I’m currently on the $75 Can-US 60GB plan from Bell. Which one are you on? Disappointed because Bell has a 100GB Can-US plan for new customers for $75! Pouting Face EPP for both
I am on telus epp, 50 20GB(unlimited after) plan, I got email today they will increase to 55$ Pouting Face
Oct 8, 2007
421 posts
407 upvotes
Ontario
I got it also. I had just talked to Bell last week, and they had a $50/20GB plan to match, but were offering $100 bill credit spread over 4 months, with no contract. Was considering switching to that to save some money. As far as I am aware, Bell hasn't announced the same price hike, though I am sure it's coming. $100 will help mitigate that for some time, though.
Jul 25, 2019
698 posts
358 upvotes
YVR
I read in another post that someone had called Telus and after 45 mins gotten them to waive the $5 increase.

Wonder if they will re-verify EPP status.

I emailed Rogers EPP (CPA Canada) and they offered me 20gb share everything for $50 / month.
Nov 11, 2015
281 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
TouchMyBox wrote: Got an email from TELUS notifying me of the $5 increase.

I got the same thing. So I found a Rogers EPP plan and can get both plans down and save $15/month. So thanks Telus for forcing me to shop around.
Oct 8, 2007
421 posts
407 upvotes
Ontario
Is anyone here on a Bell EPP? I am wondering if they are doing the same $5 increase Telus announced? Don't really want to move my plan from Telus to Bell to save money, only to find that won't be the case.
Sep 1, 2011
547 posts
200 upvotes
Sorry for such a stupid question…I want to add a tablet plan to my iPad through my husband’s Rogers EPP account but when I contact the person that his employer said is the Rogers rep, she tells me it’s not her and to contact his employer to see who to contact. And around and around we go LOL. Can I just add this to his account online even though he has no idea what his account number or his plan even is? He just gets handed a phone every couple years. Or should I just try to get a plan from another company?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
1258 posts
405 upvotes
GTA
beth1791 wrote: Sorry for such a stupid question…I want to add a tablet plan to my iPad through my husband’s Rogers EPP account but when I contact the person that his employer said is the Rogers rep, she tells me it’s not her and to contact his employer to see who to contact. And around and around we go LOL. Can I just add this to his account online even though he has no idea what his account number or his plan even is? He just gets handed a phone every couple years. Or should I just try to get a plan from another company?

I added the $10 tablet plan after getting my Rogers EPP plan. Just log into your account and add it.
Sep 29, 2018
11 posts
Is RPP same thing as EPP ?

I’m on a business regular account, 2 lines, 30GB shared and unlimited can-us talk/text for $105 before tax.

Wondering if switching to RPP makes sense and will save me money.