Hot Deals

Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2019 11:03 pm
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
151 upvotes
Interesting.

So they're giving the hardware away, but you're on the hook for the massive discount if you bail early.

Basically holding you hostage. I wonder if this is even allowed under the new crtc rules
Feb 27, 2011
162 posts
31 upvotes
My parents basement
fiveplustwo wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:45 pm
EPP plan is not eligible for family discount. I was hoping for this as well until I called in to ask.
Frustrating.

Going to retail side would provide lower monthly even than EPP if you have 4, would be 60 vs 68 but then no $300 extra subsidy.

Do you happen to know if it will stack with the $3 bundle discount if you have telus home services too?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2010
1334 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:40 pm
dont have a work email. only paystub. how should I proceed?
Give them a call. If your company is on the list they will ask you to send in your pay stub and provide driver's license # or SIN

EPP line 1 844 888 4440
I love Witcher 3!!
Jun 11, 2012
113 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Retail discount is after tax. The difference is nominal. In terms of customer support, retail side is much better as you can walk into any store for service.
Aug 11, 2018
270 posts
278 upvotes
mcooler9 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 10:18 pm
Interesting.

So they're giving the hardware away, but you're on the hook for the massive discount if you bail early.

Basically holding you hostage. I wonder if this is even allowed under the new crtc rules
I hate the carriers as much as the next person, but you can’t be serious with this comment..

The carriers want that commitment to pay off the phone. They’re not gonna give devices away for free. They run a business after all.
Dec 31, 2018
126 posts
73 upvotes
Jaylay14 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 6:49 pm
I actually found pairing the Apple Watch plan with the peace of mind plan was better. My Apple Watch has it's own data now at 5 GB then throttles afterwards all for $10.
This may be a stupid question, but how can you share the data with your watch with the peace of mind plan? Also, is there a need for 5gb for the watch? I’m looking to pick one up but just wondering what I would need all that data for it?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4267 posts
380 upvotes
Calgary
Question about porting. Is it possible to open a new line with a new phone number with Telus, then after that is done, at a later time port over a number from Freedom Mobile to that particular Telus line? What is the down time usually for porting over a number? Thanks.

BTW, the S10+ for $13 is really an awesome deal!
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Jun 30, 2016
99 posts
117 upvotes
plucky duck wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 3:46 am
Question about porting. Is it possible to open a new line with a new phone number with Telus, then after that is done, at a later time port over a number from Freedom Mobile to that particular Telus line? What is the down time usually for porting over a number? Thanks.

BTW, the S10+ for $13 is really an awesome deal!
Yes. Absolutely. There's no down time. Usually they say it can take up to 2 hours for the line to be transferred over fully, at which time (after a phone restart), the new line will have the ported in number and the old line will be cancelled. Typically, it's complete in less than 2 hours
Apr 15, 2010
126 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
GREAT NEWS!!! Anyone who signed up for Bells EPP plans that had the $10 increase, it now has been reversed. No more $10 increase and they brought back the 50GB plan as well. Of course you would need to call (or maybe online) to change the plans.

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Cell_phone ... ited-plans
Telus: No Overage Plan 50gb - VIP 20% + $0 Call Forwarding = $100 + TAX
Sep 8, 2013
453 posts
142 upvotes
North York
Watchdogz wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 4:00 pm
I have no idea? That’s what i’m asking... how can they allow me to pay off the phone right away and then “keep it” and ill pocket the $1000 and put it towards another phone eventually. I don’t see how I “lose” in this situation based on how I read it
You don't lose as long as you stay with them for two years.

If you're selling it, just think of it as them giving you $1000 for your loyalty
Sep 2, 2017
263 posts
267 upvotes
Edmonton
Watchdogz wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 12:07 am
This may be a stupid question, but how can you share the data with your watch with the peace of mind plan? Also, is there a need for 5gb for the watch? I’m looking to pick one up but just wondering what I would need all that data for it?
You can't share data on the peace of mind plans. Only the simple share plan. As for needing 5 GB, some users might need it.. It just depends on how much streaming they might do on their watch (music/podcasts/sport apps etc.). Also, it used to be $10 for 1 GB of data so it's rather nice to have the 5 GB with no overages now.

But I was just reading their fine print for the smart watch plan and they make it sound like if you're on a shareable plan that you only get 1 GB of data, but it's then shared. If true I much prefer the way they have it on peace of mind plan (but I also have no need for shareable data). But of course everyone's needs are different.
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
151 upvotes
Anyone hear from Telus beyond the initial order confirmed email?
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2007
1013 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto, ON
emann56 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 5:13 am
GREAT NEWS!!! Anyone who signed up for Bells EPP plans that had the $10 increase, it now has been reversed. No more $10 increase and they brought back the 50GB plan as well. Of course you would need to call (or maybe online) to change the plans.

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Cell_phone ... ited-plans
Thanks for this! Looks like regular retail rates on those plans all dropped 10$ since last night also. I had a pending transaction to switch to the 10 gb plan for 85$ -- i canceled it and now put a request thru for 10 for 75 -- great timing :)
mcooler9 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 10:08 am
Anyone hear from Telus beyond the initial order confirmed email?
Yes, they called me to confirm my address and said expected to ship shortly through Canada Post (I think the carrier depends on your address)
May 17, 2011
14 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Yes. Got a "your order is on hold, please email back a phone number and best time to call you" email. I called in since nobody was calling me back, and I was told that the device I wanted was no longer in stock.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)