• Sep 18th, 2019 10:50 am
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4266 posts
380 upvotes
Calgary
copperexquisite_ wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 1:28 pm
Yes. Got a "your order is on hold, please email back a phone number and best time to call you" email. I called in since nobody was calling me back, and I was told that the device I wanted was no longer in stock.
Which device might that be? I am really on the edge about switching to Telus, just need to convince myself just a wee bit more, 50gb is much better value than 20gb, even though it may be overkill. 30% discount, and massive discount on the XR/S10+ is huge, except not sure if I want to deal with a higher cellphone bill every month again.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
May 17, 2011
14 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
It was the XS Max 256 in silver. They only have gold left. They also only have XR 256 in white (despite the site saying other colors are still available)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6412 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto
plucky duck wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 1:52 pm
Which device might that be? I am really on the edge about switching to Telus, just need to convince myself just a wee bit more, 50gb is much better value than 20gb, even though it may be overkill. 30% discount, and massive discount on the XR/S10+ is huge, except not sure if I want to deal with a higher cellphone bill every month again.

Something to consider is that once 5G launches in the new year, plans are likely to go up in price. At least that's something the big 3 are known to do when launching new network technology.

Nothing of course is guaranteed or set in stone though.
RFD + ME = POOR
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
150 upvotes
Hmm, ordered two phones yesterday morning and haven't heard a peep from them, besides the initial confirmation.

Should I be worried? Sounds like they're starting to run out of stock
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
1993 posts
709 upvotes
jamgyu wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 1:59 pm
Something to consider is that once 5G launches in the new year, plans are likely to go up in price. At least that's something the big 3 are known to do when launching new network technology.

Nothing of course is guaranteed or set in stone though.
Will these peace of mind plans run on 5g, or will we be stuck with 4g?
Jul 31, 2015
960 posts
511 upvotes
AB
goodguy90 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 2:04 pm
Will these peace of mind plans run on 5g, or will we be stuck with 4g?
Good question.. when we went from Evdo to hspa, many plans did not get easily migrated unless you got the CSR to add the appropriate apn to access the network.

With hspa to LTE, as far as I know all plans were forward compatible (except bell, they kept a lot of the old unlimited plans only on 3g).

My guess is all LTE compatible plans will work with 5g, but who knows
Dec 24, 2016
118 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Does BHell offer 30% off of these BYOD plans for corporate customers?

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Cell_phone ... ited-plans

I am on an older corporate plan with Robbers and they are forcibly switching me to some “loyalty” plan with an increased monthly cost at the beginning of September. It may be time to switch, after almost 22 years with them.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1006 posts
548 upvotes
S10+ order confirmation.

Device balance shockingly was only a few hundred. Took a screen shot just in case however I'm going to check the device balance on mytelus.com after I set it up. If the device balance actually is a few hundred I'll be upgrading all of my lines lol.
Screenshot_20190810-155637_Outlook.jpg

-Edit as someone mentioned a few posts below mine, the device balance is actually $1300ish dollars. Screenshot provided, contemplating returning. Would rather wait for a 5g phone before committing.
Images
  • samsung edited 3.png
Last edited by FlukeSkywalker on Aug 12th, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sep 2, 2017
263 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 3:58 pm
S10+ order confirmation.

Device balance shockingly was only a few hundred. Took a screen shot just in case however I'm going to check the device balance on mytelus.com after I set it up. If the device balance actually is a few hundred I'll be upgrading all of my lines lol.
Definitely keep us posted because I'll be doing the same thing (I want to grab the Galaxy S10+). When I talked to the rep about paying it off, they said I would have to pay off the activation credits, he might've just said that as a scare tactic like the Koodo reps.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2604 posts
833 upvotes
Toronto
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 3:58 pm
S10+ order confirmation.

Jaylay14 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 6:42 pm
Definitely keep us posted because I'll be doing the same thing (I want to grab the Galaxy S10+). When I talked to the rep about paying it off, they said I would have to pay off the activation credits, he might've just said that as a scare tactic like the Koodo reps.

Contract will show the additional amount for the two year balance. Check my post a few pages back. It is separate from the easy payments.
Sep 16, 2011
31 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone had experience getting 30% off Bell?
What are the plans they offer / what phones prices?
Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2604 posts
833 upvotes
Toronto
eric4698 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 9:07 pm
has anyone had experience getting 30% off Bell?
What are the plans they offer / what phones prices?
Thanks!
Likely have to cal into your EPP number. Applies to in market plans. Not sure on device discounts though in conjunction.
ThriftyTom wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 9:30 pm
Can I sign up friends for the Telus EPP?
You are ultimately responsible for the account and all payments, but yes you can sign up others under your account. It must be in your name. Same applies for all the carriers. I think each carrier has a max number of lines per employee.
Jul 21, 2010
343 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
ThriftyTom wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 9:30 pm
Can I sign up friends for the Telus EPP?
During sign up, it asks 'Who is this device for?' and employee information (driver license) for credit check. So it would be your account and your friend's name as the user. Also I was told Telus does a hard check for credit, but I can't confirm this yet. If you're willing to go that far for your friend, then it should work just fine.

To my knowledge only part of Rogers EPP didn't work like this, if you were under their 'preferred' program. You would generate a promo code from rogers.com/preferred. This allowed anyone to use it, but Rogers' side can still see the employee email. They ask employee number when you sign up, but they didn't care if you gave them anything legit.
Dec 24, 2016
118 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone, please?
MichaelYYZ wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 2:25 pm
Does BHell offer 30% off of these BYOD plans for corporate customers?

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Cell_phone ... ited-plans

I am on an older corporate plan with Robbers and they are forcibly switching me to some “loyalty” plan with an increased monthly cost at the beginning of September. It may be time to switch, after almost 22 years with them.

Thread Information

There are currently 15 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 10 guests)

chemisk8er, idontwantausername, XtraClip, SuperCat, hockey9898