• Oct 14th, 2019 10:50 am
Jul 6, 2017
78 posts
42 upvotes
Ontario
My Rogers EPP plan options (as posted in the office, in ON) are:

$55/6GB (non-shareable, unlimited talk/text) BYOD

$70/6GB (non-shareable, unlimited talk/text) - Samsung S9/iPhone 8 for $0

$75/8GB (still non-shareable, unlimited talk/text) - $99 up front for Samsung S10e

All plans come with a free case but it doesn't tell you what kind.
Feb 21, 2017
64 posts
24 upvotes
About to get this deal on Telus, the clear winner here.

XS Max 256GB
$35 due now after deferring to Bring it back
$109+taxes due monthly on 50GB share plan.
Jan 28, 2018
131 posts
116 upvotes
stolenfire wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 10:15 am
Sent email to EPP@telus.com to inquire and ask for the waiver. The person initially said no but eventually gave in and asked me for my online order number for the fee to be waived.
So did you just reply to the "no" email saying something along the lines of "I know you're capable of waiving the fee and as a long time customer of Telus I would appreciate it if you showed me some appreciation for my loyalty"??

Has anyone else ordered and got the activation fee successfully waived?

I ordered the S10+ and 10gb data which works out cheaper than my current phone plan.
Jul 31, 2015
968 posts
515 upvotes
AB
andykumar wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 11:21 am
About to get this deal on Telus, the clear winner here.

XS Max 256GB
$35 due now after deferring to Bring it back
$109+taxes due monthly on 50GB share plan.
Not going to wait until end of sept for the iPhone 11?

As good of deal as this is, I am confident it will still be around when the next iPhone drops, and it makes sense to wait since the current one is nearly a year old hardware
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1384 posts
572 upvotes
EDMONTON
Man, didnt know telus got rid of their bundle discount also for home services/mobility.

I didnt even realize that left my internet/tv bill with how frequent prices seem to go up.

In the FAQ on my EPP it says that family discount applies to the peace of mind plans... so I emailed the rep it says is dedicated to us but no answer yet, hopefully she answers soon cause that would make the deal smoking hot.
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
155 upvotes
MrManager wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 11:26 am
So did you just reply to the "no" email saying something along the lines of "I know you're capable of waiving the fee and as a long time customer of Telus I would appreciate it if you showed me some appreciation for my loyalty"??

I ordered the S10+ and 10gb data which works out cheaper than my current phone plan.
In the order notes I said I was promised the fee would be waived lol. Lets see if it works!
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
155 upvotes
U4LIFE wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 11:31 am

As good of deal as this is, I am confident it will still be around when the next iPhone drops, and it makes sense to wait since the current one is nearly a year old hardware
No chance they put the new iphones this low, at least at first. Check out the note 10+ pre-order...I'd expect pricing similar to that.
Feb 21, 2017
64 posts
24 upvotes
U4LIFE wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 11:31 am

I was thinking this too. Plans might not be available at that time. Also, this phone is for my wife who isn’t a specs fanatic so older models are fine. Maybe I’ll decide soon, perhaps xr 2019 might suffice.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2621 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto
Here you go: the discount applied vs the easy payments.

Also just received my phone. Basically next day shipping.
C47F241F-E5B0-4A28-B22E-0CD5E6A7619B.png
Nov 26, 2013
557 posts
369 upvotes
Winnipeg
AstonM wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 12:23 pm
Here you go: the discount applied vs the easy payments.

Also just received my phone. Basically next day shipping.

C47F241F-E5B0-4A28-B22E-0CD5E6A7619B.png
When did you make your order?

I placed mine Friday morning and I've received the order summaries and an email telling me that my order has been sent to processing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2621 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto
ReaperEXE wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 12:28 pm
When did you make your order?

I placed mine Friday morning and I've received the order summaries and an email telling me that my order has been sent to processing.
Friday morning created the order
Shipped Friday night. Arrived this morning. Email this morning to setup my TELUS account.
Aug 11, 2018
317 posts
307 upvotes
mcooler9 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 11:49 am
No chance they put the new iphones this low, at least at first. Check out the note 10+ pre-order...I'd expect pricing similar to that.
no doubt, but the XS/XS Max monthly pricing will drop for sure. would be nice to see the XS at XR pricing (+$3/month)

these carriers are doing whatever they can to keep prices high. should have offered 30% off of every plan (like before) not 10/20/30. hopefully rogers comes around and does 30% off across the board.

also.. when the f is telus getting eSIM?
Nov 26, 2013
557 posts
369 upvotes
Winnipeg
AstonM wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 12:31 pm
Friday morning created the order
Shipped Friday night. Arrived this morning. Email this morning to setup my TELUS account.
Thanks! Funny enough, right after I sent that I got the activation and shipping confirmation for one device, just waiting for the other!

Edit: Got both confirmations, seems like it shipped Friday night and they're coming today. I'm a bit confused about the data though. I signed up each line for a 10gb peace of mind plan and was under the impression that each line would have its own separate 10gb limit. Registered for the app and it seems like I just have 10gb shared across both lines... Is that how it should be? I'll follow up when I activate.
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
155 upvotes
ReaperEXE wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 12:50 pm
Thanks! Funny enough, right after I sent that I got the activation and shipping confirmation for one device, just waiting for the other!

Edit: Got both confirmations, seems like it shipped Friday night and they're coming today. I'm a bit confused about the data though. I signed up each line for a 10gb peace of mind plan and was under the impression that each line would have its own separate 10gb limit. Registered for the app and it seems like I just have 10gb shared across both lines... Is that how it should be? I'll follow up when I activate.
You're either misreading or they made a mistake.

If you had 2x10gb shared plans the data bucket should be 20 gb
Dec 5, 2016
78 posts
75 upvotes
MrManager wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 11:26 am

Nah, I'm with Rogers atm. I just said my co-worker had it waived full-stop

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 8 guests)

marcus44