365 upvotes
BC
So I got this from telus..
iphone xs 64gb = $1415
EPP promo = -$803
bring-it-back = -$300
total = $312 which is $13 a month

the plan I got is the cheapest $67.5

since I paid already for the tax of the device (1415-803 = 612), I am now only paying for the tax of the plan for the next 24 months right? Just got confused on that part...

will try and request for the $35 to be waived...
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1383 posts
572 upvotes
EDMONTON
Thatdealguy wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 1:30 pm
same account? discount applies to both lines in the same account and not just mainline?
My telus EPP says you can have 9 accounts all with the EPP discount. Rep confirmed on phone as well when I called in
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
149 upvotes
StrikingMoosie wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 1:26 pm
You cannot get the family discount applied to the EPP plans.

If you did it before august 1st you could have but they changed it this month. I've tried 3 different reps when calling in just to ensure that there's no way to get around this. I even asked if I bring 6 lines ported from rogers to telus can they give me an extra discount for a bit of an enticement to bring all those lines over for a contract and the reps always just say that they can offer 10% off of the unlimited plans lol.

One of them offered me a non unlimited plan with less of a hardware discount and said he thought it would be a good option to consider. I asked him if he personally would be interested in a deal that cost more both in monthly fees and cost more for the hardware and he said "well it is not an unlimited plan so it is a good option to consider" so I just hung up and give up.
Really? That's not what their FAQ says in the portal. feel like you should be able to point to that and get them to cave.
Sep 2, 2017
262 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton
mcooler9 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 2:06 pm
Really? That's not what their FAQ says in the portal. feel like you should be able to point to that and get them to cave.
Where does it say about getting the family discount on the EPP FAQs? I can't find it anywhere. Here it is below (sorry it's long).
How do I place orders for multiple lines at once?

Once you have gone through the ordering process for the Primary Line, you will be prompted to add additional lines to your account.

How can I pay for my hardware order?

Any cost associated with your hardware order will be charged to your TELUS account and reflect on the bill/invoice.

How long will it take to receive my device once I've ordered it?

Our processing times typically run between 3-5 business days. Once your order is shipped, you will receive a Canada Post tracking number via email from the processing team Credits will not be issued or applied for the time the device is in transit

Can I port (transfer) my existing phone number to TELUS?

Yes. To port your phone number from another provider to the TELUS network, you will only need your phone number and the account number at your current provider. During the ordering process, you will be prompted to enter this porting information. Please contact your existing provider for information regarding any potential cancelation fees before ordering. Once your order is received we will activate your new TELUS account, initialize the port and place it “on hold”. You will not lose service on your existing line during this process. Once you receive your device (or SIM card) there will be instructions included on how to complete the port. We advise that you complete ports as soon as possible as you are being billed by both providers once the port 'on hold' is established. At this time your original device will be deactivated and your phone number will now be active on your new TELUS device.

Will I receive an order confirmation or Canada Post tracking number?

Once your device/SIM card is activated and ready for shipment, you will receive a Canada Post tracking number via email from our processing team.

How do I sign up for the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) plan?

To set up a BYOD plan, select the “SIM only” option when you have reached the device page.

How does TELUS Easy Payment work?

TELUS Easy Payment provides customers with clear, simple, affordable and fair choices for how to purchase a device. There are two components:

Upfront Amount: This is the amount the customer pays at the time of the purchase, plus applicable taxes.

Monthly Easy Payment Charge: The Easy Payment Balance (i.e. month-to-month price less Upfront Amount) is divided into 24 equal amounts to be repaid monthly as part of the customer’s bill at 0% interest.

How do taxes work?

TELUS Easy Payment charges sales tax on the month-to-month price less any device discount at the time of purchase (i.e. tax-at-till) and does not charge tax on the repayment amount monthly.

Why do I have to pay for the sales tax upfront?

Because Easy Payment is financing with 0% monthly interest, the sales tax is collected (by the government) on the full selling price of the device (month-to-month price - discount), similar to other consumer goods to aid TELUS in properly remitting the tax amount to the relevant tax agency.

What if I buy my device outright or bring my own device?

If you choose to buy the device outright or bring your own device then you will not have an Easy Payment balance as your device is already paid in full.

What if I am still on contract on a Your Choice Plan and want to switch to a Peace of Mind Plan?

Customers are able to change their plan at any time to suit their needs, however our new Peace of Mind plans do not include embedded device subsidy. This means that a customer on a legacy plan with an existing device balance must first pay this off before moving to Peace of Mind.

Can I use my own device with a Peace of Mind Plan?

Yes, Peace of Mind plans are eligible for subscribers purchasing a device through the TELUS Easy Payment Program, or for anyone bringing their own smartphone device (BYOD).
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
149 upvotes
Jaylay14 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 2:42 pm
Where does it say about getting the family discount on the EPP FAQs? I can't find it anywhere. Here it is below (sorry it's long).
Hmm, I swear to god it was there this morning. They must have removed it...

I wish I had gotten a screen cap! F$#*ers. It was honestly a motivator to port one of our lines over, talk about a bait and switch.
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
149 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 1:30 pm
same account? discount applies to both lines in the same account and not just mainline?
Yes. Each plan shows as EPP discounted, and the device balances are huge (reflecting the deep hardware discounts lol)
Mar 28, 2018
265 posts
90 upvotes
Calgary, AB
How long did it take most people to get a confirmation that their account got created on corporate side?

Edit: For Telus
Last edited by Chanman94 on Aug 13th, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 2, 2014
470 posts
196 upvotes
Anyone has the Rogers BYOD plan info? I was able to get a passcode using my work's email which said 30% off eligible plans. Do the current infinite plans lineup qualify for that? On the rogers website, those are the only plans visible
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2010
1334 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto

What it shows on the device page
I love Witcher 3!!
Nov 26, 2013
552 posts
360 upvotes
Winnipeg
thiefa wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 3:55 pm

What it shows on the device page
Any reason in particular you didn't add the "Bring it back" program to your plan?

My rationale to add it was that I save the lump sum now and later I can buy if I decide to (and it's worth more than the program savings).
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1331 posts
327 upvotes
9394 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 12:17 pm
Confirmed for Ontario (again) - and details in the screen caps
Is it still a good deal with Bring it Back program? I think it’s only $35 upfront with IPhone XS Max 64gb plus $10/month, so 75$+ tax for the 10GB personal data plan.
Jan 4, 2014
824 posts
253 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
My wife has vengo through WRDSB. Only offer she has online is the new iphone one. No special rates or anything. Too bad.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1383 posts
572 upvotes
EDMONTON
mcooler9 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 2:45 pm
Hmm, I swear to god it was there this morning. They must have removed it...

I wish I had gotten a screen cap! F$#*ers. It was honestly a motivator to port one of our lines over, talk about a bait and switch.
I tried that with 2 reps on phone, they wouldnt cave. Emailed my EPP rep and she said it was an error and would have it fixed.
Mar 17, 2018
439 posts
588 upvotes
Patrick923010 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:14 am
it's 2019 and i can tell you my whole commute has no wifi. My go station (unionville) used to have but could never log in. now they just don't have it anymore. The whole 45 min Go train ride has NO WIFI. So my daily commute to and from work (2 hrs total) got no wifi. Also, not everyone wants to be using public wifi networks. It's restrictive, it's insecure, its weak. If you are on the run good luck.
Then perhaps you and other travelers need to voice their concerns to their City Council member and tell them it's almost 2020 and other cities across Canada have Wifi on their transit buses.. you want my vote, put WiFi on my train!
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)