• Aug 23rd, 2019 1:28 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2673 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
mcooler9 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 9:57 am
No. They may as well just shut you off at that point lol it's useless.

But...10 GB is plenty. The only time I ever was throttled on my old MB unlimited plan was watching movies on netflix lol
512kbps is still ok for browsing, but for youtube, the videos might start at 144p and 360p if you let it buffer a bit.

Spotify should be still be fine in low quality if there is such thing.
Last edited by dux on Aug 14th, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1002 posts
547 upvotes
ande8150 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 9:51 am
Can anyone who took the Telus EPP confirm if they can use their version of roam like home for US roaming?
I have several lines from the Telus EPP that have the roam like home option enabled. I personally have used it 4 times on an EPP telus phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1515 posts
410 upvotes
Piddles wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 9:59 am
Not as far as I'm aware, the most you can pay outright is 680
Looks like you can. I contacted chat.

Yes, you have the option to make lump sum payments towards the easy payment.
You just have to contact us so we can apply your payment towards the Device Balance.
Otherwise, regular payments will just go against your monthly billing as advance payment, not on the easy payment of the device.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1002 posts
547 upvotes
mcooler9 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 9:57 am
No. They may as well just shut you off at that point lol it's useless.

But...10 GB is plenty. The only time I ever was throttled on my old MB unlimited plan was watching movies on netflix lol
Thanks for the info hahaha, I think i'll just grab a larger bucket of data instead. Hopefully a telco will come out with unlimited LTE in canada sooner than later.
Sep 26, 2009
130 posts
17 upvotes
I tried to activate the Telus EPP plan in a Telus store, but I was told that only certain stores can do so. Does anyone know where I can get a list of which stores can do this in the GTA? Or what to search for online to find which stores can do this in person?
Aug 10, 2019
4 posts
I got it from Bovaird and Hurontario Brampton location..10025 Hurontario Street Brampton
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2594 posts
796 upvotes
Toronto
Confirmed. $8/day USA, $12 international
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1002 posts
547 upvotes
yyzrfdman wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:15 am
I tried to activate the Telus EPP plan in a Telus store, but I was told that only certain stores can do so. Does anyone know where I can get a list of which stores can do this in the GTA? Or what to search for online to find which stores can do this in person?
isn't there one at Bay and wellington? downtown toronto
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
121 upvotes
yyzrfdman wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:15 am
I suspect you need to go to a corporate store, not a store that's part of their dealer network.
Sep 26, 2009
130 posts
17 upvotes
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:27 am
isn't there one at Bay and wellington? downtown toronto
I am in the north end of the city so would prefer to stay in the 905. The suggestion for the Brampton location works though. Thanks.
Jul 20, 2005
326 posts
102 upvotes
Does anyone know if Telus will let a family member sign up for this? I work for an eligible organisation but I don't need the plan, my spouse does. Rogers allowed us to do this.
Sep 26, 2009
130 posts
17 upvotes
If one activates online for a BYOD Telus EPP plan, how long does it generally take for the SIM card to arrive in the mail?
For a situation where someone is porting their number in from another carrier into the new EPP plan, and they are away when the SIM card arrives, what happens? Will their old phone stop working because the number is ported over (but they can't use it because they don't have the SIM card)? Or does the porting require an additional step once the SIM card is received, until which the line on the previous carrier can still be used?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1487 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
yyzrfdman wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:37 am
If one activates online for a BYOD Telus EPP plan, how long does it generally take for the SIM card to arrive in the mail?
For a situation where someone is porting their number in from another carrier into the new EPP plan, and they are away when the SIM card arrives, what happens? Will their old phone stop working because the number is ported over (but they can't use it because they don't have the SIM card)? Or does the porting require an additional step once the SIM card is received, until which the line on the previous carrier can still be used?
Yes you get a temporary number on the new SIM until you complete the port process. They send you a card with instruction iirc
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussyboi
Sep 26, 2009
130 posts
17 upvotes
Firebolt wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:42 am
Yes you get a temporary number on the new SIM until you complete the port process. They send you a card with instruction iirc
Thanks. In that case, online is much easier - saves the hassle of going into a store to deal with this.
Anyone know whether I would receive a partial refund for the unused portion of my month's service with my previous provider (happens to be Koodo in case it matters) once the port out is complete?
Jul 25, 2017
81 posts
31 upvotes
yyzrfdman wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:37 am
I ordered online, I received SIM card next day (GTA), you need to call in to complete transfer after you have SIM card.

I guess you can activate regular lines in any store, then call EPP to apply discount, not very sure but should work

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 2 guests)

ballerballer123, realtycoon, WinnipegMike, clee488, rapsfan1, rfottawa, asterisk*, anthonys92