• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 1:28 pm
Sep 2, 2017
251 posts
246 upvotes
Edmonton
ande8150 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:59 pm
For Telus, can I move my plan now without getting a device, then get the device in the future at some point? Meaning I wouldn't start a 2 year term until I chose to take the hardware?

Also, I see some people mentioned sharing data on Telus, but my EPP terms say you can't share. Can someone confirm if sharing works for them?
Yes you can add a device/contract at a later date. Which is what I’ll be doing.

With the Peace of Mind EPP plans you can’t share, but with the simple share EPP plans you can.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4672 posts
804 upvotes
Montreal
User863225 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:05 pm
Does your company need to be enrolled with the TELUS EPP program in order to get those rates? I currently have Rogers as our main provider but I'm not sure if TELUS makes exceptions for these kinds of things
You can ask your supervisor or HR department to see if Telus EPP is available.
Nov 21, 2012
141 posts
121 upvotes
cn_habs wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:16 pm
You can ask your supervisor or HR department to see if Telus EPP is available.
Or just enter your corporate email in the link in the OP and see if you get a succesful response.

That's what I did. Our company only advertises the Rogers EPP, and I'm sure that's all most people are aware of.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2468 posts
644 upvotes
GTA
Question about the Telus Simple Share Plans:

How much is it to add a second line to the 20GB/50GB shareable plan? Is it just double the monthly amount? And if so what's the point of doing it that way if you can just order two non-shareable Peace of Mind plans with double the total data?
Sep 9, 2013
15 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
jtevo wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 12:13 pm
I was deciding on the same thing (whether or not to move to Telus) - doesn't it come out to the same in the end?

With Rogers, you pay $430 upfront and $80/month instead of $67 - for 24 months, that's $13x24 = $312
$430 + $312 comes out to exactly $742 which is the phone cost at Telus

For Telus, you'd have to pay connection fee and tax upfront? Unless you value the infinite data...
It does come up to the same amount for the device, it's the plan after your contract is done where there's the difference of $14/month and infinite data as well too I guess. Rogers wouldn't even give me 3GB loyalty bonus for my 10GB and I've been with them since 2005 so not really appealing to me Rogers' offer but might work for others if they prefer Rogers

And you'll also have to pay the tax upfront with Rogers as well too
Sep 8, 2009
68 posts
33 upvotes
eflor035 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:59 pm
It does come up to the same amount for the device, it's the plan after your contract is done where there's the difference of $14/month and infinite data as well too I guess. Rogers wouldn't even give me 3GB loyalty bonus for my 10GB and I've been with them since 2005 so not really appealing to me Rogers' offer but might work for others if they prefer Rogers

And you'll also have to pay the tax upfront with Rogers as well too
Thanks! That makes sense. No need to renegotiate and deal with Rogers 2 years later!!
Feb 27, 2010
194 posts
17 upvotes
I made my order on Friday and so far no confirmation of when the phone is gonna be shipped to me...I called their customer service on Monday and they said the order has been processed but it’s gonna take 4-7 business days so I’m not sure if there’s gonna be a long wait to get the phone
Dec 21, 2008
302 posts
32 upvotes
Kingston
Thatdealguy wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 3:04 pm
how should I proceed? I do have a telus account and going to refer a friend to sign up EPP plans.

what were the offers again?
Get your wife to forward you the email they sent to her work address and you can see all the offers available/signup.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6408 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
Got this in my work email today
Telus-EPP.png
Nothing new but it's interesting how it's advertised as $80.50 and not as $67.50 plan + $13 phone
RFD + ME = POOR
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1002 posts
547 upvotes
juve4lfe wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 3:23 pm
I made my order on Friday and so far no confirmation of when the phone is gonna be shipped to me...I called their customer service on Monday and they said the order has been processed but it’s gonna take 4-7 business days so I’m not sure if there’s gonna be a long wait to get the phone
I ordered mine on friday and I received them yesterday, I'm in the GTA
Aug 12, 2019
20 posts
7 upvotes
jamgyu wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 4:11 pm
Got this in my work email today

Telus-EPP.png

Nothing new but it's interesting how it's advertised as $80.50 and not as $67.50 plan + $13 phone
Just semantics really
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2108 posts
1564 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Hey so i just got hired at a place and I found out there's an EPP through Telus. I'm currently with Rogers.

If I called up Rogers do you think they would be open to making a deal for me to stay?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6408 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
chemicalxv wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 5:09 pm
Hey so i just got hired at a place and I found out there's an EPP through Telus. I'm currently with Rogers.

If I called up Rogers do you think they would be open to making a deal for me to stay?
There's only one way to find out Grinning Face With Smiling EyesThumbs Up Sign
RFD + ME = POOR
Jul 25, 2017
81 posts
31 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 5:09 pm

No...only after you transferred out, they will call you everyday and beg you to come back, that’s stupid

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 5 guests)

WinnipegMike, rfottawa, anthonys92