Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 8:35 am
Dec 31, 2018
124 posts
73 upvotes
Garry39 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 9:59 am
Got XR 256GB at $67.50 10GB plus $3 for the phone bring it back $240 amount. You can pay bring it back anytime after 6 months.
Are you sure about that? I got the exact same plan as you so you’re telling me I can pay the $240 after 6 months? I’d pay that in a heartbeat and then own the phone completely... you’re 100% sure about this?
Oct 8, 2005
53 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 12:31 am
Telus doesn't buy back the phone.
It's a lease program. You never own phone unless you pay the buyout price. Otherwise Telus owns the device and you must return it after 24mo.

In most cases, it works out better to not go with lease. You can almost always sell the phone for more money on Kijiji
I agree with everything you said...I was inferring that its essentially the same thing
Dec 6, 2008
506 posts
227 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote:

In most cases, it works out better to not go with lease. You can almost always sell the phone for more money on Kijiji
paying 300 bucks after you sell an iphone for 500 at the end of the 2 years makes a lot of sense actually. i wouldn't do it with androids though. they don't hold their value at all.
i got 99 problems but PM'ing ain't one ;)
Aug 19, 2006
321 posts
18 upvotes
asterisk* wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:40 pm
Why did you not do the “Bring It Back”?

It’s a good feature is it not? I mean, most of us would want a new phone after 2 years. I am just curious why you did not participate in that program.
Im planning to keep the phone anyway so I never think about the bring it back.
Also, the end of the day you basically getting the phone for free because of the $300 credit.
Aug 10, 2019
5 posts
Yes. I confirmed with the rep and checked online. I want to keep the phone and at the same time i want to keep the monthly payment low. I will pay them off $240 after 6 months. I believe you can also make the finance payments anytime as well, so you can just pay the plan payments.

Watchdogz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 12:57 am
Are you sure about that? I got the exact same plan as you so you’re telling me I can pay the $240 after 6 months? I’d pay that in a heartbeat and then own the phone completely... you’re 100% sure about this?
Mar 23, 2019
70 posts
46 upvotes
stolenfire wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 12:19 pm
For Telus EPP, remember to refer your co-workers for a $50 bill credit for both your referral and yourself!
I was told that the person referred can only enroll in a 2year plan to make the referral work.
Aug 22, 2009
249 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey all,

After long reading, and a few pages back someone else posted a question and never got a response, so I thought I’d try again.

Spouse works for Fed government, so I definitely think eligible for Telus EPP.

Question is, if we were to get the 50GB share plan, what would be the cost of adding an additional line, and sharing two lines from the data bucket? If the price is right, it may be feasible for us to switch (one with Koodo, one with Fizz)

Get a minimum of one phone (we have iPhone X, and XS respectively) to flip. I just don’t want to go through it without knowing because the process is slow (no access to work email off the intranet).

If anyone can answer this question, or point me in a specific direction?

Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5070 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
RFDQ1016 wrote:
It's a lease program. You never own phone unless you pay the buyout price. Otherwise Telus owns the device and you must return it after 24mo.

If you keep the phone and you consider the time value of money, it’s almost always better to go with the lease. Paying $300 at the end of the contract is always better than paying monthly, regardless of what you sell the phone for at the end.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5070 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
ottawa_guy wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 6:15 am
Hey all,

After long reading, and a few pages back someone else posted a question and never got a response, so I thought I’d try again.

Question is, if we were to get the 50GB share plan, what would be the cost of adding an additional line, and sharing two lines from the data bucket? If the price is right, it may be feasible for us to switch (one with Koodo, one with Fizz)

Get a minimum of one phone (we have iPhone X, and XS respectively) to flip. I just don’t want to go through it without knowing because the process is slow (no access to work email off the intranet).

87.50 50GB + 67.50 10GB = 60GB Shared
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1383 posts
572 upvotes
EDMONTON
ottawa_guy wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 6:15 am
Hey all,

I know what you're thinking, you cant do that anymore. Each line now has to have their own data plan, share plans just mean your pool is even bigger. You can not buy one 50gb share plan and then add a cheaper ex.$40 talk only line to share it
Sep 26, 2009
131 posts
17 upvotes
Seeking opinions from the forum dwellers regarding Telus EPP vs Telus business lines. Telus provides a discount of $20 per line when 4 or more lines are activated on a business account. Since my small business would require 4 lines, I am considering moving all the lines over to that program (currently have 3 lines with Koodo and just moved 1 line (which was the 4th with Koodo) over to Telus EPP, which I was eligible for through a professional association). The business plan would actually work out to a small overall cost saving (approximately $8 per month after all is said and done). This would give all 4 lines access to unlimited data (on Telus) vs capped data (on Koodo), with the same size data buckets as we currently have for each line, but does swap international text messaging (on Koodo) for Canada-only text messaging (on Telus). Are there any other downsides or "gotchas" I should be aware of with regard to the Telus business lines over an EPP line? Any insight/suggestions would be appreciated.
Dec 3, 2015
37 posts
15 upvotes
Markham
KenAdams wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 6:15 pm
Then perhaps you and other travelers need to voice their concerns to their City Council member and tell them it's almost 2020 and other cities across Canada have Wifi on their transit buses.. you want my vote, put WiFi on my train!
they will surely do that for a fare increase of 20%. Everything has a price to pay my dear.
Jan 12, 2011
258 posts
227 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote:

You are actually better off going with the lease or bring it back and using it as a %0 loan. No point in paying the $300 up front when you can just pay the same $300 at the end.
Dec 12, 2013
24 posts
38 upvotes
Heath_29 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 9:24 am
You are actually better off going with the lease or bring it back and using it as a %0 loan. No point in paying the $300 up front when you can just pay the same $300 at the end.
I see absolutely no down side of doing the bring it back program. You save upfront cost and have more flexibility at the end of your term. It's really a no-brainer.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 5 guests)

mooomoose, Owen12