Ongoing Deal Discussion

Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 8:53 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2013
1399 posts
613 upvotes
EDMONTON
yyzrfdman wrote: . Are there any other downsides or "gotchas" I should be aware of with regard to the Telus business lines over an EPP line? Any insight/suggestions would be appreciated.

EPP has some fat hardware subsidy discounts not sure if you get those on a business account. Ie if you're going for an s10+ you're getting a 1200$ hardware discount, so unless the 12.50x24mo savings on business is higher than the hardware discount of whatever device you want you're better getting an EPP
Sr. Member
Aug 11, 2018
711 posts
585 upvotes
ZuesArete wrote: I see absolutely no down side of doing the bring it back program. You save upfront cost and have more flexibility at the end of your term. It's really a no-brainer.
yup. you get the phone for $0 but you 'technically' owe $300 at the end of the term if you want to keep it.

if the device is worth more than $300 after 24m, you pay the $300 and sell the phone for $500 or whatever it may be.
if the device is worth less than $300 after 24m, you give them back your scratched/used up phone and get something new.
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2009
137 posts
17 upvotes
Piddles wrote: EPP has some fat hardware subsidy discounts not sure if you get those on a business account. Ie if you're going for an s10+ you're getting a 1200$ hardware discount, so unless the 12.50x24mo savings on business is higher than the hardware discount of whatever device you want you're better getting an EPP
Actually planning on BYOD, so I hadn't taken the hardware subsidy into account.
Also, was told by Telus business rep that they can provide a $2 add on that will give unlimited texting and calling to the US from Canada - this takes away the texting concern I had.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1919 posts
1244 upvotes
Hamilton
Rogers is now 10% off Infinite plans and $10 off second line.
Last edited by CaptainCrash on Aug 15th, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Dec 17, 2006
127 posts
48 upvotes
Brampton
Fully agree i currently buy my phone's outright, but this adds additional flexibility.
Jr. Member
Dec 17, 2006
127 posts
48 upvotes
Brampton
yyzrfdman wrote: Actually planning on BYOD, so I hadn't taken the hardware subsidy into account.
Also, was told by Telus business rep that they can provide a $2 add on that will give unlimited texting and calling to the US from Canada - this takes away the texting concern I had.

Interesting I gotta look into this.
Newbie
User avatar
May 17, 2011
16 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
idontwantausername wrote: yup. you get the phone for $0 but you 'technically' owe $300 at the end of the term if you want to keep it.

if the device is worth more than $300 after 24m, you pay the $300 and sell the phone for $500 or whatever it may be.
if the device is worth less than $300 after 24m, you give them back your scratched/used up phone and get something new.
I thought they would only take it back if it wasn't damaged/scratched at all?
Newbie
Aug 12, 2019
27 posts
8 upvotes
copperexquisite_ wrote: I thought they would only take it back if it wasn't damaged/scratched at all?
Here's the verbage from Telus:

In order for a device to be considered eligible for return it must meet the following 6 criteria. If it does not meet the criteria you will need to pay the Bring-It-Back Program Amount.
  • Device must power on and navigate properly to the home screen
  • The activation lock must be turned off
  • The LCD must function correctly and be free of dead spots or bruising
  • The screen must be undamaged and free of cracks
  • The rest of the device must be undamaged with no cracks, missing parts, or signs of water damage (hinges, keypad, housing, buttons, battery, etc)
  • All information must be wiped
Member
Aug 22, 2009
430 posts
353 upvotes
Ottawa
Piddles wrote: I know what you're thinking, you cant do that anymore. Each line now has to have their own data plan, share plans just mean your pool is even bigger. You can not buy one 50gb share plan and then add a cheaper ex.$40 talk only line to share it
Yep. You hit the nail on the head, that's what I wanted to do. Okie dokies. We'll stick with what we have (combined $89 per month for 14GB on two lines)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6472 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto
CaptainCrash wrote: Rogers is now 10% off Infinite plans and $10 off second line.

Anyone see if device subsidies qualify with the discount on infinite plans?
RFD + ME = POOR
Member
Dec 16, 2010
272 posts
186 upvotes
Am confused by the $300 in bill credits that are mentioned by people for Telus. The promo email I got says it is a $300 device discount, not bill credits. So I assumed it is factored into the hardware price. But some people are mentioning bill credits on top. If I go for S10+ at $13/month, do i get an additional $300 in bill credits as well? The Smartcell website I am forwarded to by Telus makes no mention of a bill credit.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1366 posts
559 upvotes
BC
ande8150 wrote: Am confused by the $300 in bill credits that are mentioned by people for Telus. The promo email I got says it is a $300 device discount, not bill credits. So I assumed it is factored into the hardware price. But some people are mentioning bill credits on top. If I go for S10+ at $13/month, do i get an additional $300 in bill credits as well? The Smartcell website I am forwarded to by Telus makes no mention of a bill credit.
I dont see as well the $300 bill credits from the email I received (porting out from freedom)... maybe from people who signed up early...
will try and talk to a rep regarding this...
Sr. Member
Feb 20, 2011
883 posts
287 upvotes
gundamwingZero wrote: I dont see as well the $300 bill credits from the email I received (porting out from freedom)... maybe from people who signed up early...
will try and talk to a rep regarding this...
Same here. Chatted with rep and he mentioned it’s aleasy off the device price...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1366 posts
559 upvotes
BC
bobbyg9 wrote: Same here. Chatted with rep and he mentioned it’s aleasy off the device price...
that's what I thought as well...
they increased the discount on the device price instead of doing a bill credit...
Member
Aug 2, 2015
260 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
gundamwingZero wrote: that's what I thought as well...
they increased the discount on the device price instead of doing a bill credit...
Talked to the rep over the phone and told me that it is already off the device.

Top