Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2024 7:17 am
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2010
1565 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
MrManager wrote: It says in very clear wording on your telus myacount under the device tab:

"
Total discount amount$1,263.00
Balance reduced to date-$52.63
Since the total device discount was applied upfront, if you choose to leave your contract early, you’ll need to pay back the discount balance for the remaining months.
"
I think that is in reference to leaving Telus. I agree with that. I am not talking about leaving Telus--this is not Koodo where they let you churn. You sign with Telus, you are staying with Telus for 2 years unless you want to pay everything (discounts and tab balance) owing.

I am referring to upgrading to another phone during your 24 month term. I know that there are those who wants the latest and greatest each year. And for them to do that, they would need to simply pay the Easy Payment balance.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
BC
MrManager wrote: If you go to your Telus account and click the "My Device" tab it shows you the remaining balance left on your device.
There are two columns:
Remaining balance left on your phone: The amount you're currently paying every month to pay off the remaining balance over 24 months.
Remaining balance left in hardware discount credits: The remaining balance left in discount credits which is split in monthly amounts for 24 months.

If you cancel your phone plan before the 24 months is up you would pay the remaining balance left in both columns.
Ex: My current plan (Galaxy S10+) shows that I have:
  • $210 dollars left in my Bring-it-back balance
  • $97.75 left in my easy payment balance (23 months left, so total initial balance minus one month of payment towards balance at $4.25)
  • $1,210.37 device discount balance (23 months left, so total initial balance minus one month reduction of that balance at $52.62)

If I chose to cancel my contract RIGHT now I would owe back to Telus:
- $210 Bring it back balance
- $97.75 Easy payment balance
- $1210.37 device discount balance
= $1329.12 total balance I would have to pay back.
but this takes effect after the 'free trial' period, yes?
because I cancelled my initial order for a new device (1 day after I received my device activation confirmation)...
Jan 28, 2018
283 posts
217 upvotes
gundamwingZero wrote: but this takes effect after the 'free trial' period, yes?
because I cancelled my initial order for a new device (1 day after I received my device activation confirmation)...
I would assume. If you returned the phone during the allowed return period then their wouldn't be a device balance..
May 17, 2011
86 posts
91 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Heath_29 wrote: Is there still a $300 bill credit?
No, they just have the HW credit...

BTW, there is a new promotion added today:
Special.jpg
Nov 1, 2013
243 posts
114 upvotes
I contacted Telus EPP and theyve confirmed that if by paying off the tab early within the 24 mths, you'd also have to pay off the discount that Telus gives on the phone. That's pretty shitty IMO.
Sep 24, 2012
689 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
I see the TELUS deal on Perkopolis with my company. But it asks me to enter the name and work email. It says email was sent but didn't receive it on my company email. Any other way to talk to them? How do we know which stores can handle TELUS EPP in person? Thanks!
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10247 upvotes
So if need to pay back entire cost of phone beyond the tab if paid off before two years , you're rolling dice how much they will/may jack up prices over the two years
Nov 1, 2013
243 posts
114 upvotes
redderflag wrote: I see the TELUS deal on Perkopolis with my company. But it asks me to enter the name and work email. It says email was sent but didn't receive it on my company email. Any other way to talk to them? How do we know which stores can handle TELUS EPP in person? Thanks!
I ended up getting an email from them about 4 days later on my personal email since I don't have a work email, as well as a link to provide proof of employment
Nov 1, 2013
243 posts
114 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: So if need to pay back entire cost of phone beyond the tab if paid off before two years , you're rolling dice how much they will/may jack up prices over the two years
Yeah, it sucks.
May 15, 2012
148 posts
110 upvotes
Surrey
Romelus wrote: No, they just have the HW credit...

BTW, there is a new promotion added today:
Special.jpg
Looks like the Telus version of a loot box. A chance to maybe win but we can't even give you odds because we don't know how many people will take a chance on the loot box. ;-)
Sep 24, 2012
689 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
ztensa22 wrote: I ended up getting an email from them about 4 days later on my personal email since I don't have a work email, as well as a link to provide proof of employment
Oh ok..thx..

For those with work email, how long did the email take to receive?
Oct 19, 2012
250 posts
126 upvotes
Burlington
redderflag wrote: Oh ok..thx..

For those with work email, how long did the email take to receive?
Immediately.
Current Cell Plan
Rogers: 100GB CAN/USA Infinite 2022 BF Deal ($55 + tax)
Sep 24, 2012
689 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
soljah12 wrote: Immediately.
Thanks! Looks like my company may be blocking emails for third parties with offers..
Sep 2, 2017
474 posts
540 upvotes
Edmonton
redderflag wrote: Thanks! Looks like my company may be blocking emails for third parties with offers..
For the company that I'm with I had to go to our quarantine site and "allow/release" the Telus EPP email address in order to receive it (which it then got sent to my inbox right away). Maybe your company has something like that as well?
Jan 28, 2018
283 posts
217 upvotes
redderflag wrote: Thanks! Looks like my company may be blocking emails for third parties with offers..
Try to add the following email address to your allow list? "epp2@external.telus.com"

StatsGuy wrote: So if need to pay back entire cost of phone beyond the tab if paid off before two years , you're rolling dice how much they will/may jack up prices over the two years
Is there precedent for this is or is it a far-fatched "what if" scenario? Has Telus in the past suddenly jacked up phone plan rates during your 2-year contract with them? Would seem to be a shady business practice. In my opinion the only thing this sucks for is people trying to take advantage of the offer to make money and flip the phone on kijiji.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
MrManager wrote: Try to add the following email address to your allow list? "epp2@external.telus.com"

Is there precedent for this is or is it a far-fatched "what if" scenario? Has Telus in the past suddenly jacked up phone plan rates during your 2-year contract with them? Would seem to be a shady business practice. In my opinion the only thing this sucks for is people trying to take advantage of the offer to make money and flip the phone on kijiji.
I think he means if you break/lose your phone/pay off the tab before the 2 years are up, you'll have to sign another 2yr with whatever then plans are at that time. Not that Telus will change your rates suddenly
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10247 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I think he means if you break/lose your phone/pay off the tab before the 2 years are up, you'll have to sign another 2yr with whatever then plans are at that time. Not that Telus will change your rates suddenly
No, I mean change rates during the 2 yrs. As it's not a contract technically and the subsidy is not tied to the monthly plan
Jan 28, 2018
283 posts
217 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: No, I mean change rates during the 2 yrs. As it's not a contract technically and the subsidy is not tied to the monthly plan
I'm not sure what you mean? It IS part of your contract.

In my contract:
"A device discount of $1263 off the full retail price has been provided to you for signing a 24 month commitment. If this agreement is cancelled before the end of the commitment, you will be charged a fee equal to your remaining Device Discount balance ($1263 reduced by $52.62 for each month of service, $0 at the end of your 24 month commitment"

What exactly would they suddenly change and what rate would they suddenly hike? We agreed to buy the phone for a stated price of X amount as long as we commit to a 24 month plan contract. They can't change the price of the phone we already bought as long as we fullfill our commitment of staying on our plan for 24 months.
Dec 12, 2013
93 posts
267 upvotes
I don't understand why many of you are asking if you'll have to pay the cost of your phone if you cancel early. Of course you do, you think telus is going to give you 1200 dollars for free??

The logic gap here is astounding.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10247 upvotes
MrManager wrote: I'm not sure what you mean? It IS part of your contract.

In my contract:
"A device discount of $1263 off the full retail price has been provided to you for signing a 24 month commitment. If this agreement is cancelled before the end of the commitment, you will be charged a fee equal to your remaining Device Discount balance ($1263 reduced by $52.62 for each month of service, $0 at the end of your 24 month commitment"

What exactly would they suddenly change and what rate would they suddenly hike? We agreed to buy the phone for a stated price of X amount as long as we commit to a 24 month plan contract. They can't change the price of the phone we already bought as long as we fullfill our commitment of staying on our plan for 24 months.
They can change the price of the plan so instead of $67.50 for 10gb, they raise it to $75 next year or whatever

So they keep subsidy amount same but increase plan price

Where in your contract does it include the price of the service plan? You're required to commit to them for 24 months but does it include commitment to cost of service plan?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)