• Oct 18th, 2019 10:31 pm
Feb 27, 2010
213 posts
127 upvotes
I don’t see the note 10 on the Telus epp plan portal on Venngo
Dec 31, 2006
614 posts
62 upvotes
FYI - if someone is looking to get the Note 10, someone posted on another Note 10 thread that the Samsung Store (Sherway was quoted) is offering $400 trade in value for ANY Note phone (1-9) + the value of the phone. I might just sell my S10+ and take advantage of that instead. Details are still being confirmed, apparently something is suppose to come out Friday.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4526 posts
2153 upvotes
Northside
RoadRunner wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 2:18 pm
I am looking to go with Telus, but currently have a retail account which means Telus wants to charge the ridiculous $50 migration fee. In addition there is the $35 activation fee. Anyone know who can set me up for an EPP account and will be willing to waive the fees or fee? Btw..I'm in Alberta, but that shouldn't matter if I can do this online.

Thanks.
Better to give them a call and voice your concern. You can likely get both waived.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6418 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
ray90 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 3:36 pm
FYI - if someone is looking to get the Note 10, someone posted on another Note 10 thread that the Samsung Store (Sherway was quoted) is offering $400 trade in value for ANY Note phone (1-9) + the value of the phone. I might just sell my S10+ and take advantage of that instead. Details are still being confirmed, apparently something is suppose to come out Friday.

I literally just threw out my note 3 a few days ago 🤦‍♂️
RFD + ME = POOR
Aug 22, 2011
711 posts
360 upvotes
Montreal
I just watched this review on Youtube
about the speed of unlimited Internet plans. A bit long to watch but it gives an good idea about the speed of the browser at 256kbps (after the cap of each plan).
Telus throttle to a max of 512Kpbs. 11:30 to see the first test.

Called Bell costumer service a few minutes ago to know if leaving Bell Mobility for Telus would affect the price of my two other services (Internet + Bell Fibe). No impact in my case.
But I was told that there would some kind of promotion for Bell Mobility in September.
Montréal, Québec
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
245 posts
136 upvotes
RoadRunner wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 2:18 pm
I am looking to go with Telus, but currently have a retail account which means Telus wants to charge the ridiculous $50 migration fee. In addition there is the $35 activation fee. Anyone know who can set me up for an EPP account and will be willing to waive the fees or fee? Btw..I'm in Alberta, but that shouldn't matter if I can do this online.

Thanks.
Yup. I'm in the same boat. Their fees are ridiculous. I just went into the store and got the S10+. Because I wanted to keep my number, there's the $50 migration fee from a consumer to corp account, and a $35 activation fee as well. I also had to do a change of ownership on the consumer account because my phone was in my ex gf's name. Theres a $35 fee for that, and then you have to pay your remaining device balance immediately after the change of ownership, which for me was $112. Obviously the device balance charge is whatever, but these fees are absolute bs.
Sep 30, 2012
98 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
what does the family share plan mean, so if i need two lines, then one to get shared data then the 2nd line to get the voice only plan?
Mar 16, 2016
122 posts
58 upvotes
111swerve wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 4:46 pm
Yup. I'm in the same boat. Their fees are ridiculous. I just went into the store and got the S10+. Because I wanted to keep my number, there's the $50 migration fee from a consumer to corp account, and a $35 activation fee as well. I also had to do a change of ownership on the consumer account because my phone was in my ex gf's name. Theres a $35 fee for that, and then you have to pay your remaining device balance immediately after the change of ownership, which for me was $112. Obviously the device balance charge is whatever, but these fees are absolute bs.
Why not temporarily port out of Telus then port back in? That way you’ll avoid the rip off $50 fee as well as the $35 ownership transfer fee (I easily transferred ownership via a port out before)
I hope this helps
Feb 27, 2010
213 posts
127 upvotes
ray90 wrote:
If I bring the note 9 128 gb in to the Sherway store(Telus?), would I get 400 plus what the note 9 is valued at?is it more then 400 then?
Apr 10, 2017
811 posts
269 upvotes
111swerve wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 4:46 pm
I guess for those who arent with Telus, we’re SOL?

That is a ton of fees indeed. I’m gonna try to leverage my EPP deal with my current carrier before I avail of this. I have 2 lines + 2 prospective subscribers, so maybe I have a lot of cards to play with.
Mar 2, 2017
787 posts
499 upvotes
So for those who are going to bell epp it looks like the 30% is indeed stackable with the second line discount. I ported over both numbers today and it shows 95 for my 20 gig line and 75-10 =65 for my wife’s line. I called them and it says the epp has a special note and and not one, not two but three reps on the phone confirmed the 30% will be taken off 160 so my total would be 112+tax.

She said to call when the first bill prints to see if they can waive the 40 connection fee per line
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6418 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
ray90 wrote:

Also do you have the link source to the other thread?
RFD + ME = POOR
Apr 30, 2018
54 posts
51 upvotes
ray90 wrote:
Mind sharing that source thread?
Aug 17, 2015
59 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not sure if it's already posted. Just a head's up on the Telus main page (telus.com) I see an exclusive offer if you upgrade any phone online before August 22 you get a 65 dollar bill credit and they waive the 35 dollar activation fee. I am in the process of upgrading so emailed my EPP rep to see if I can stack this with the $4.25 S10+ and 67.50 plan.
Dec 31, 2006
614 posts
62 upvotes
Credit to leems as this is taken directly from his post. Apparently this was announced today at SAMSUNG stores. It was mentioned in the post that the buds do not come with this trade in offer.

Trade in regular phone is $200 + trade in value (if any);
Trade in using Note (any) is $400 + trade in value (if any).

SPC discount works as well (as per manager at Eaton Centre).

For example (Note 8 trade in):

$1460 - SPC discount (10%) = $1314
$1314 x 1.13 = $1485
$1485 - $400 - $236 (Note 8 trade in value)

Total = $850 (not too bad) - assuming if tax is charged after SPC discount, if before, will be a little bit more.