Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2019 1:48 am
Dec 16, 2010
254 posts
172 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 11:11 am
Does my plan end with my current carrier when I activate and port my number with Telus?
Yes, your old carrier will close your account once they get the port request from Telus. You will be billed any outstanding amount for your old device if there is one.
Mar 18, 2011
887 posts
413 upvotes
Pickering
Not sure if I understood this correctly, but

If the XS Max is $15.08/m on the B.I.B structure, and you go with the P.O.M plan - which comes to 82. 58, total, assuming with Ontario taxes bringing it to 93 something) - you're technically only paying 19.11/m if you remove the cost of phone retail (with taxes) over the cost of two years. Roughly $34 dollars/m if you decide to keep the phone.
Images
  • xsmax1.PNG
  • xsmax2.PNG
Last edited by Richard1986 on Aug 21st, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule 1 of RFD: Do not talk about RFD.
Rule 2 of RFD: Do NOT. talk about. RFD!
Apr 10, 2017
811 posts
269 upvotes
ande8150 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 11:21 am
Yes, your old carrier will close your account once they get the port request from Telus. You will be billed any outstanding amount for your old device if there is one.
this doesnt happen until I tell them or open/activate the sim correct?

On the portal, they ask you if you want to port your current number and ask for the account # , and so I did
Aug 9, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Correct, it doesn't port until you get the new sim and finish the process.
Mar 18, 2012
31 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I signed up for the Telus S10+ deal, with 20gb Simple share with Bring it Back.

Total was $85.88 tax in per month and upfront ~$60. Again like many posters above, I never thought I would be paying $60+ a month for a plan, but with the EPP rebate being ~$1400 for the phone, and costing me virtually nothing I decided to get the 20GB plan.

As one person stated, if you sell the s10+, you could drop your prices even more.

Ordered Sunday and just got processing email yesterday. Hopefully it ships before end of week.
May 30, 2007
47 posts
3 upvotes
I signed up for Rogers S10+ deal. $74.75/month for 10GB, $0 up front with $300 billing credit.
Aug 4, 2010
594 posts
75 upvotes
cqzp wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 2:41 pm
I signed up for Rogers S10+ deal. $74.75/month for 10GB, $0 up front with $300 billing credit.
Could you let me know how to go about getting this?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2207 posts
1682 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Richard1986 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 12:05 pm
Not sure if I understood this correctly, but

If the XS Max is $15.08/m on the B.I.B structure, and you go with the P.O.M plan - which comes to 82. 58, total, assuming with Ontario taxes bringing it to 93 something) - you're technically only paying 19.11/m if you remove the cost of phone retail (with taxes) over the cost of two years. Roughly $34 dollars/m if you decide to keep the phone.
Correct look at what I posted from my contract earlier in this thread.

$68/month for the 20 GB POM plan + $15.08/month for the XS Max. If I want to keep the phone at the end I have to pay them $380.
Jul 20, 2015
84 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
cqzp wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 2:41 pm
Need some more details, were you a new customer? Idv code and which province?
Aug 4, 2010
594 posts
75 upvotes
Sporky82 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 3:44 pm
Need some more details, were you a new customer? Idv code and which province?
Through Live Chat, best offer was Rogers S10+ - 10GB for $115-30% with $0 down and $35 activation fee. Sounds the same as the Telus 10GB plan.

Has anyone been able to add their partner/spouse to their line as well? Or ability to get the device upgrade on the same corporate plan? Rogers just said best they could do is $100 a month (with phone) or $75 without.
Oct 19, 2012
236 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Okay, so I've been debating on whether or not I should jump on this deal for the S10+ and decided to verify some information. The following is what I just finished verifying by both going into a corporate store and by telephone. When I went into the store, they called their head office to confirm all the information I asked to ensure they were giving me the correct information. I then came home and also spoke directly to Telus Corporate EPP over the phone on my own to verify everything I was told was correct.

If you're eligible for a corporate EPP plan, you can signup for plan and get a phone at any point in time since the plan and phone are now completely separate.

The following information is based on getting the 128GB Samsung Galaxy S10+ with the current EPP promo, which for me is $13/mth regular Easy Payments or $4.25/mth with the Bring it Back (BIB) program. I'm also based out of ON.
Telus cost of the phone for Telus is $1,575.
(A) Cost of phone broken down w/ Easy Payment: $1,575 (phone) - $1,263 (Telus covered amount for signing 24mth EPP agreement) = $312 remaining balance divided by 24mths ($13/mth). This becomes your Easy Payment amount.
(B) Cost of phone broken down w/ BIB program: $1,575 (phone) - $1,263 (Telus covered amount for signing 24mth EPP agreement) - $210 BIB (due at the end of the 24mths) = $102 remaining balance divided by 24mths ($4.25/mth). This becomes your Easy Payment amount.

For Option A
If you get a phone without using the Bring it Back program (BIB) and just do the regular monthly payments, you're allowed to pay off the total Easy Payment amount (monthly payment amount) at ANY point in time during the 24 months. Once you do this, you will then only be paying the plan amount each month; however, you're still locked in to a 24 month contract. Confirmed you can pay the entire $312 + taxes Easy Payment balance right when you sign up (if in-person at a corporate store) or by calling their Corporate Accounts toll free number.

For Option B
When you get a phone and select the BIB program, Telus confirmed the system will NOT let you pay off the BIB balance at any point in time until the end of the 24mth contract (unless you end/cancel your services). The rest from option A still applies, only the amount you need to pay off drops down to $102 + taxes. **EDIT**: Thanks to @ande8150 who signed up and provided his contract info and screenshots in post #1165 (link to his post). This is not correct. His agreement clearly states you can pay off the BIB amount anytime during your 24 months.

For either option A or B, if you pay off the Easy Payment amount and decide you want to get another new phone at any point in time during your 24 month agreement, you will then be charged the entire Telus covered amount ($1,263) for signing up for a 24mth Telus Corporate EPP plan. This one was asked multiple times and when I spoke with Telus directly myself on the phone, he even checked with his manager and they apparently even went up the chain to verify with the appropriate department that this is how it will be. They will not do any pro-rated amount and take into consideration and divide the amount monthly. As mentioned, you would be charged the ENTIRE amount ($1,263)! **EDIT**: Thanks to @ande8150 again. What Telus Corporate apparently verified with me multiple times is NOT correct. The Telus covered amount does decrease each month. This is a big discrepancy from the info they're providing and can potentially make a big difference to some.

I'm still debating whether or not to change to the Telus EPP plans. If I do, I would certainly go for the $87.50 PoM plan with 50GB/mth as I pay $84 for 36GB/mth now with Koodo.

Hope this info helps.
Last edited by soljah12 on Aug 22nd, 2019 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Cell Plans
Telus: 50GB PoM EPP BYOD
Rogers: 10GB Share Everything Ultra
Mar 18, 2011
887 posts
413 upvotes
Pickering
chemicalxv wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 3:19 pm
Correct look at what I posted from my contract earlier in this thread.

$68/month for the 20 GB POM plan + $15.08/month for the XS Max. If I want to keep the phone at the end I have to pay them $380.

Nice. Seems too good to be true.
Rule 1 of RFD: Do not talk about RFD.
Rule 2 of RFD: Do NOT. talk about. RFD!
Oct 20, 2013
37 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone on Telus peace of mine try to use hotspot after you have reached your high speed data cap? Telus’ website indicates that hotspot is only available on the high speed data. Bell and Rogers don’t seem to have such a limitation
Nov 28, 2009
384 posts
188 upvotes
Pickering
I'm on the 50GB POM plan, keep in mind if you want to change your plan you'll be limited to only the shared data plan, I asked yesterday when I activated my phone. I chose the BIB offer as money today is worth more than money 2 years from now, inflation etc.