Hot Deals

Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 12:31 pm
Mar 7, 2018
17 posts
Biscayne05 wrote: My rookie knowledge would say iPhone. They generally hold their value, but I havent been in the phone game for a while.

Anyway, to those who have gotten their phones, how long did it take for you to get your order from ordering to delivery? It’s been 48hrs for mine I think but no follow up email. I did get my order confirmation after doing it on the Telus site.
I also placed order yesterday thru Telus EPP online...did not receive any email so i called them this morning, representative did setup all the things over call and gave me account number.. then send it over to inventory department.
May 30, 2007
47 posts
3 upvotes
ips1177 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 5:10 pm
You activated with Bell and got 35% off in store via EPP??? did you need to call a toll free number first or just showed up with your work ID badge?
It is Rogers store. I walked in and told them my work email. A corporate code was sent to my work email. With that code, the store rep was able to activate the account right away. The offer in store is better than EPP portal.
Nov 13, 2013
824 posts
1529 upvotes
Kingston, ON
cqzp wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 7:03 pm
It is Rogers store. I walked in and told them my work email. A corporate code was sent to my work email. With that code, the store rep was able to activate the account right away. The offer in store is better than EPP portal.
wow no kidding that offer is good. Which store/location may I ask?
Nov 13, 2013
824 posts
1529 upvotes
Kingston, ON
cqzp wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 7:03 pm
also I just checked with rogers cust service and roger stores and they said the EPP discount of 30-35% off in-market plans is no more. They changed that this summer and now it is only about 10% off so you lucked out. Nobody will budge on it so consider yourself lucky
Oct 10, 2012
2 posts
Pickering
MrManager wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 2:16 pm

CRTCC Consumer Rights Law:

1. Changes to key contract terms and conditions
i.A service provider must not change the key contract terms and conditions of a postpaid wireless contract during the commitment period without the account holder’s or authorized user’s informed and express consent.
ii.When a service provider notifies a customer that it intends to change a key contract term or condition during the commitment period, the account holder or authorized user may refuse the change.
iii.As an exception, a service provider may only change a key contract term or condition during the commitment period without the account holder’s or authorized user’s express consent if it clearly benefits the customer by either a.reducing the rate for a single service; or

I can see them increasing your price AFTER your 2 year contract is over, but I'm personally not worried about it happening before the two years on these deals with device balances.

The guarantee on the contract is for the actual service as its defined in the contract. The telecoms use words like “addon” which are not guaranteed in terms of price as they are not technically part of your contract. Been there, done that. Biggest legal crooks in Canada.
Apr 10, 2017
811 posts
269 upvotes
AryaSen wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 6:32 pm
I also placed order yesterday thru Telus EPP online...did not receive any email so i called them this morning, representative did setup all the things over call and gave me account number.. then send it over to inventory department.
Hmm interesting. I’ll call in tomorrow
May 30, 2007
47 posts
3 upvotes
ips1177 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 7:24 pm
also I just checked with rogers cust service and roger stores and they said the EPP discount of 30-35% off in-market plans is no more. They changed that this summer and now it is only about 10% off so you lucked out. Nobody will budge on it so consider yourself lucky
Rogers rep did not know $300 credit and $0 upfront for s10 plus until he used my corporate token to log in and display the limited time offer.
Sep 24, 2007
180 posts
3 upvotes
Thornhill
I am about to move from Rogers to Telus via the EPP plan. My Wife and daughter are already with telus.
I will get the s10+, my wife will get the XR 128gb and my daughter will BYOD.
They want to charge all 3 of us a $35 activation fee.
I have been in contact with an EPP rep via email and he says they cannot waive the fee, or offer a bill credit or port credit.
It doesn't make sense that my wife and daughter will be charged an activation fee since they are already with Telus.
Mar 2, 2014
478 posts
198 upvotes
cqzp wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 8:29 am
New in store activation in Toronto with 35% EPP discount.
That is a pretty good discount. What was the plan you got? I also have their code but over phone they keep telling me there is no BYOB plan to use with 30% off code.
Feb 27, 2010
213 posts
127 upvotes
hornjo wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 8:33 pm
I am about to move from Rogers to Telus via the EPP plan. My Wife and daughter are already with telus.
I have been in contact with an EPP rep via email and he says they cannot waive the fee, or offer a bill credit or port credit.
It doesn't make sense that my wife and daughter will be charged an activation fee since they are already with Telus.
That makes no sense...they are already with them...what a rip
Oct 25, 2010
555 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver
hornjo wrote:
Try calling around telus/koodo authorized dealers and explain that you want to port from rogers to telus epp while moving your wife's and daughter's "regular" telus plan to epp. I'm certain you'll pay the $35 connection fee for yours but you might get lucky and won't have to pay for moving your wife's and daughter's. If they mention there's fees over the phone, move on and call another store.
Mar 18, 2011
891 posts
419 upvotes
Pickering
Was looking up the 50GB shared plan that Telus was offering through the EPP portal and don't really understand how it works. (never had a shared plan before). Is it an additional cost to the monthly bill for each new phone added to the plan? If you get a new phone through the Bring It Back promotion and the other two devices are BYOD, does that keep the overall monthly cost of the plan unaffected? Any help would be appreciated.
Rule 1 of RFD: Do not talk about RFD.
Rule 2 of RFD: Do NOT. talk about. RFD!
Apr 10, 2017
811 posts
269 upvotes
Richard1986 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 12:16 am
Was looking up the 50GB shared plan that Telus was offering through the EPP portal and don't really understand how it works. (never had a shared plan before). Is it an additional cost to the monthly bill for each new phone added to the plan? If you get a new phone through the Bring It Back promotion and the other two devices are BYOD, does that keep the overall monthly cost of the plan unaffected? Any help would be appreciated.
Each plan is pooled together with the shared plan

I.E.
You get 10GB
Wife gets 10GB
Son gets 10GB

Altogether you have 30GB to share with each other. You’ll need to get 3 separate lines, so in the scenario above, you pay 67.50/month EACH for 3 lines = $202.50 for 3 lines

If you do BIB and others are BYOP, then you only pay for your BIB phone. I dont know of any incentives to bring family in like the regular consumer plans. So yes, it does keep your monthly cost down, but no discounts
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1384 posts
572 upvotes
EDMONTON
Got my two s10+, sold them for 850 already.

Going to trade in our two broken screen note 8s today for $400bonus+239 each at Samsung, price of phone goes down to (with 10% spc discount)

1319note10-639 trade in-(850-314 s10+ profit)=$144 for a brand new note 10 plus.

Not too shabby.

Surprised Samsung is taking our old broken note 8 at full value, they said they wouldnt when I called but when I placed PO yesterday manager said as long as they turn on he doesnt care.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1036 posts
169 upvotes
hornjo wrote:
The EPP reps from independent stores need to make money somewhere. That's why they charge the activation and migration fees. They will argue that you are switching from a consumer to corporate account so it is a new activation.

You aren't tied to only getting the EPP from the person who is listed as your EPP contact. Go into a corporate Telus store (not a communications store branded as a Telus store) and ask them for what you want. You are more likely to get the activation waived in-person.

Thread Information

There are currently 21 users viewing this thread. (16 members and 5 guests)

Arias1619, Jaylay14, Pupsik27, kaboom987, Sohigh09, densil_lopez, link_1983, PennyArcade, asterisk*, mattd, tor_forsale, FriedFrog, wewantthecup, jdawg26, SynGamer, huntclub