• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2019 10:31 am
Nov 13, 2013
810 posts
1425 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Canada Government employee here. Summarization of my research on EPP:

Telus gives 30% off 50gb plan. 20% off 20gb. 10% off 10gb

Rogers sucks they only give 10% off the 10gb old share everything plan which is like $95. I hear reports of some people getting 30-35% off the new endless data plans but this must be one off situations because rogers Corp stores and EPP call centre tells me 30% off no longer valid for EPP

Bell gives 30% new plans for EPP but only for certain employers like RBC bit no so much fed gov unless you somehow get lucky.

If someone can give info on how to get 30% off with Bell for gov Canada employees it would be appreciated. Seems like you may need a "NAG" # to get this discount applied...
Mar 18, 2011
837 posts
373 upvotes
Pickering
Biscayne05 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 7:11 am
Each plan is pooled together with the shared plan

I.E.
You get 10GB
Wife gets 10GB
Son gets 10GB

Altogether you have 30GB to share with each other. You’ll need to get 3 separate lines, so in the scenario above, you pay 67.50/month EACH for 3 lines = $202.50 for 3 lines

If you do BIB and others are BYOP, then you only pay for your BIB phone. I dont know of any incentives to bring family in like the regular consumer plans. So yes, it does keep your monthly cost down, but no discounts

OK, that what I was wondering. Both my wife and son got fairly new phones and I would like to get something on the B.I.B plan. So, if I go for the 50g shared plan (which is 30% off right now), and split the data between us, it will be like 16.7g (or something) for us each, technically. Only thing is they don't have anything protecting you if you go over your data, but I'm fine with that if you're getting that much for essentially the cost of the plan divided by 3.
Apr 10, 2017
802 posts
263 upvotes
samj1 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 9:51 am
The EPP reps from independent stores need to make money somewhere. That's why they charge the activation and migration fees. They will argue that you are switching from a consumer to corporate account so it is a new activation.

You aren't tied to only getting the EPP from the person who is listed as your EPP contact. Go into a corporate Telus store (not a communications store branded as a Telus store) and ask them for what you want. You are more likely to get the activation waived in-person.
How do you tell it’s a corporate store?

I’d love to cancel my order and get my order on the spot
Apr 4, 2017
212 posts
169 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 12:24 pm
How do you tell it’s a corporate store?

I’d love to cancel my order and get my order on the spot
Wait, do corporate Telus stores offer EPP? I was told that it was only through the web portal. I'm ready to cancel my order and just walk into the store
Apr 10, 2017
802 posts
263 upvotes
realtycoon wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 12:54 pm
Wait, do corporate Telus stores offer EPP? I was told that it was only through the web portal. I'm ready to cancel my order and just walk into the store
Sherway, Erin Mills, Milton Crossroads stores can do it. It’s a select bunch, call in first to confirm.

I asked if I can cancel my current order and they said yes but I’m running the risk of doing a second credit check. Just something I didnt want to do (I’m sure I’ll pass with flying colours, but do I really want to do it?)

Just here thinking I can cancel the order and walk in the store to get my phone. Oh well.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6412 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone on Rogers EPP with the 30% discount.... does the discount show up on your MyRogers page? OR does it only show up on your bill?
RFD + ME = POOR
Dec 29, 2013
52 posts
7 upvotes
For Quebec Government employee (Rogers)

You can have S10 128GB for 0$ and 14GB sharaeable not unli. for 100$-30%(corp. discount) = 70$+tx
and second line , got S10 at 0$ for 70$-10%(desjardins member discount)
Last edited by esto007 on Aug 23rd, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 19, 2012
26 posts
25 upvotes
MAPLE
For Ontario Government employees (Telus)

Using your Ontario.ca email account you can qualify for the Peace of Mind (Unlimited Data Plan) Deals:
10% off 10GB = $67.50
20% off 20 GB = $76.00
30% off 30 GB = $87.50

10% off Unlim Can-US calling and 10GB = $85.50

Like others in this thread the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus goes for $0 upfront and $13/month for 24 months ($4.25/month with Bring it Back option).

Fill out the form below using your work ontario.ca email and they will send you a link to the site which you can order from. I'm not sure what other email domains may work with this form but I used it to order today using my ontario.ca email.
https://evs.telus.com/evs?RCID=channel_ ... SIMOrganic

Forgot to mention there is a one-time $35 activation fee and they charge the taxes up front on your device cost which will appear on the first bill. The $13/month device charge is not taxed on each bill after that.
Aug 11, 2018
270 posts
277 upvotes
snguyenz wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 3:04 pm
For Ontario Government employees (Telus)

Using your Ontario.ca email account you can qualify for the Peace of Mind (Unlimited Data Plan) Deals:
10% off 10GB = $67.50
20% off 20 GB = $76.00
30% off 30 GB = $87.50

10% off Unlim Can-US calling and 10GB = $85.50

Like others in this thread the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus goes for $0 upfront and $13/month for 24 months ($4.25/month with Bring it Back option).

Fill out the form below using your work ontario.ca email and they will send you a link to the site which you can order from. I'm not sure what other email domains may work with this form but I used it to order today using my ontario.ca email.
https://evs.telus.com/evs?RCID=channel_ ... SIMOrganic

Forgot to mention there is a one-time $35 activation fee and they charge the taxes up front on your device cost which will appear on the first bill. The $13/month device charge is not taxed on each bill after that.
We already know this.
Dec 19, 2012
26 posts
25 upvotes
MAPLE
idontwantausername wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 3:11 pm
We already know this.
Sorry I didn't see that anyone had posted in particular to Ontario employees.
Jul 21, 2010
345 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
For Telus, do you guys have outbound caller id working? In MyTelus app it shows 'Outbound Name Display On'. I read online that for Telus this feature is for corporations only, but it's showing it's included.

When I call a phone that doesn't have my number saved it shows my name as 'Unknown Number' (123-456-7890). Where as with Rogers it would show 'John Smith' (123-456-7890).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8642 posts
1519 upvotes
Edmonton
Under my corporate EPP options I have this same deal.. but I'm also seeing the exact same prices for Simple Share plans

10% off 10GB = $67.50
20% off 20 GB = $76.00
30% off 30 GB = $87.50

So question is, why would anyone choose a Simple Share plan and pay the exact same price as Peace of Mind plan?
I'd think you'd get a discount on additional lines under the Simple Share plans since you're sharing data under one umbrella, but apparently that's not the case? Unless the person I spoke to was terribly misinformed?

Anyone know differently?
Jun 7, 2017
104 posts
88 upvotes
My rogers corp discount has dropped from my account 4 months in a row, have dealt with them via chat and phone for literally 10 hours total, each time they assure it is fixed and apologize, next month again bill is full amount. Very close to paying off the phone and moving companies. Anyone else having issues with Rogers and Corp discount?
Oct 25, 2010
555 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver
clseea wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 4:18 pm
Under my corporate EPP options I have this same deal.. but I'm also seeing the exact same prices for Simple Share plans

10% off 10GB = $67.50
20% off 20 GB = $76.00
30% off 30 GB = $87.50

So question is, why would anyone choose a Simple Share plan and pay the exact same price as Peace of Mind plan?
I'd think you'd get a discount on additional lines under the Simple Share plans since you're sharing data under one umbrella, but apparently that's not the case? Unless the person I spoke to was terribly misinformed?

Anyone know differently?
The 30% off I see people listing isn't for 30gb, it's 50gb. As for the difference between peace of mind and simple share, I think it's about sharing data between plan members - share plans allows two 10gb numbers to share each of 10gb between them for a total of 20gb unlike peace of mind that caps at 10gb and the speed slows down. As for the capped speed, it says 512kbps for both up and down and it's the same with rogers (I think it's 256 down, 256 up, correct me if I'm wrong).

Thread Information

There are currently 18 users viewing this thread. (9 members and 9 guests)

hradi17, simpleoff, mzainw, desstiny, asterisk*, mchuong, hockey9898, rammijhand, wewantthecup