Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 12:32 pm
Dec 16, 2010
254 posts
172 upvotes
clseea wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 4:18 pm
So question is, why would anyone choose a Simple Share plan and pay the exact same price as Peace of Mind plan?
I'd think you'd get a discount on additional lines under the Simple Share plans since you're sharing data under one umbrella, but apparently that's not the case? Unless the person I spoke to was terribly misinformed?

Anyone know differently?
Peace of Mind is not shared, so if you have someone who uses a lot less than 10GB then you can take advantage of their extra high speed data by using a shared plan. For example, in my case I got 10Gb + 20GB shared, so there is 30GB between the two of us. If I go over my allotment I can borrow from the other plan still at high speed. We won't go over 30gb. If you only have a single line, then yes, peace of mind is the way to go.

Each line on the shared plans gets charged their own fee. So 2 x 10gb plans shared is 2 x $67.50. You both qualify for the 10% EPP discount, but no additional discounts per line.
Dec 26, 2013
87 posts
815 upvotes
clseea wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 4:18 pm
Under my corporate EPP options I have this same deal.. but I'm also seeing the exact same prices for Simple Share plans

10% off 10GB = $67.50
20% off 20 GB = $76.00
30% off 30 GB = $87.50

So question is, why would anyone choose a Simple Share plan and pay the exact same price as Peace of Mind plan?
I'd think you'd get a discount on additional lines under the Simple Share plans since you're sharing data under one umbrella, but apparently that's not the case? Unless the person I spoke to was terribly misinformed?

Anyone know differently?
Based on having 3 lines, the Simple Share plan will give you a total of 30GB of data at full speeds, This would make sense if one of the lines use very little data so the other lines can take advantage of the full speed data up to 30 GB (ie. one line only uses 2GB of data, which leaves the other 2 lines with a total of 28GB of data. Data overage charges apply beyond the 30GB)

The Peace of Mind plans will give 10gb per line with endless data. This would be advantageous if all 3 lines on the account regularly use an average of 10GB / month.
Dec 26, 2013
87 posts
815 upvotes
Here an update on corporate devices prices as of Aug 23rd
Sweet deal on the IXR 256GB right now. Possibly a flash sale.

Iphone XR 64GB - $13/m (Hardware Credit: $748 )
Iphone XR 128GB - $13/m (Hardware Credit: $823 )
Iphone XR 256GB - $13/m (Hardware Credit: $963 )
Samsung S10e 128GB- $13/m (Hardware Credit: $813 )
Samsung S10 128GB - $13/m (Hardware Credit: $1088 )
Samsung S10+ 128GB- $13/m (Hardware Credit: $1263 )

$80.50 / month for 10GB of data
$98.50 / month for 20GB of data
$125.50 / month for 50GB of data
Nationwide Talk and Text
Voicemail
Caller ID

+$35 connection fee
Jul 25, 2017
92 posts
46 upvotes
If people use that much data and go over limit, how they can live with throttled data? I would just go next tier. I don’t value unlimited data at all
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
SovereigN wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 5:02 pm
The 30% off I see people listing isn't for 30gb, it's 50gb. As for the difference between peace of mind and simple share, I think it's about sharing data between plan members - share plans allows two 10gb numbers to share each of 10gb between them for a total of 20gb unlike peace of mind that caps at 10gb and the speed slows down. As for the capped speed, it says 512kbps for both up and down and it's the same with rogers (I think it's 256 down, 256 up, correct me if I'm wrong).
ande8150 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 5:03 pm
Peace of Mind is not shared, so if you have someone who uses a lot less than 10GB then you can take advantage of their extra high speed data by using a shared plan. For example, in my case I got 10Gb + 20GB shared, so there is 30GB between the two of us. If I go over my allotment I can borrow from the other plan still at high speed. We won't go over 30gb. If you only have a single line, then yes, peace of mind is the way to go.

Each line on the shared plans gets charged their own fee. So 2 x 10gb plans shared is 2 x $67.50. You both qualify for the 10% EPP discount, but no additional discounts per line.
phatboi wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 5:11 pm
Based on having 3 lines, the Simple Share plan will give you a total of 30GB of data at full speeds, This would make sense if one of the lines use very little data so the other lines can take advantage of the full speed data up to 30 GB (ie. one line only uses 2GB of data, which leaves the other 2 lines with a total of 28GB of data. Data overage charges apply beyond the 30GB)

The Peace of Mind plans will give 10gb per line with endless data. This would be advantageous if all 3 lines on the account regularly use an average of 10GB / month.
Makes sense on paper about one user having way more usage than another... not sure how much of a discrepancy there would be in real life usage but it makes a bit more sense to me. Thanks all
Nov 9, 2013
468 posts
115 upvotes
Tried calling into Telus EPP to switch my plan. Currently have the older $70+$25 3+1gb plan with 30% off. Thought I could maybe switch it to one of the newer Simple Share plans but they said I would have to pay off my device balance to do that. ugh.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6030 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
Good day.

I have been a 25 year rogers client who regularly got hardware upgrades. I'm currently on the Talk & Text w/10GB - No Tab - $65.00 /month.
My last upgrade/activation date was September 25, 2013 and I currently have an iPhone 6plus.

It's time for an upgrade for me and looking at new iPhones coming out in the fall.

I am a government of canada employee. What's the best gameplan for me to get new hardware? Has Rogers changed their hardware policy at all, or am I at the mercy of jumping to a more expensive plan to offset the hardware cost?

I also have a child who will require his own line soon and thinking of offloading my 6plus to him which should the trick with a basic voice plan. Any way to leverage this with Rogers?

Cheers to whoever responds to this - I know these requests happen frequently around here...
Feb 11, 2003
630 posts
72 upvotes
skanji wrote: Good day.

I have been a 25 year rogers client who regularly got hardware upgrades. I'm currently on the Talk & Text w/10GB - No Tab - $65.00 /month.
My last upgrade/activation date was September 25, 2013 and I currently have an iPhone 6plus.

It's time for an upgrade for me and looking at new iPhones coming out in the fall.

I am a government of canada employee. What's the best gameplan for me to get new hardware? Has Rogers changed their hardware policy at all, or am I at the mercy of jumping to a more expensive plan to offset the hardware cost?

I also have a child who will require his own line soon and thinking of offloading my 6plus to him which should the trick with a basic voice plan. Any way to leverage this with Rogers?

Cheers to whoever responds to this - I know these requests happen frequently around here...
Jump onto telus with their EPP plans and grab the cheap iPhone XR leases for $4.25/mo with bring it back if you want something cheap now. Don’t think you’ll get a deal on the iPhone 11 but you’ll get financing through telus. Do it all yourself on evs.telus.com and your GOC email address. Did the same leaving Rogers after a long time of looking for a new home and no regrets. They have nothing to offer. They’ve been calling me every day since. Grab your son a cheap $8/mo talk and text or Petro Canada mobile if all he needs is calling and texts.
Nov 13, 2013
821 posts
1529 upvotes
Kingston, ON
skanji wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 5:44 pm
Good day.

im in same boat as you, federal gov worker in ottawa area/kingston. Would like rogers/bell/telus endless data plan $75/10gb with 30% off subtracted but cannot seem to get it with either carrier....
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1009 posts
48 upvotes
Shugi wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 3:17 pm
For Telus, do you guys have outbound caller id working? In MyTelus app it shows 'Outbound Name Display On'. I read online that for Telus this feature is for corporations only, but it's showing it's included.

When I call a phone that doesn't have my number saved it shows my name as 'Unknown Number' (123-456-7890). Where as with Rogers it would show 'John Smith' (123-456-7890).
I called about this as well but was told that they do not have ability to add/change name on the caller ID; it will just show the number. Kind of strange why it would show on the account
Nov 13, 2013
821 posts
1529 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Bell EPP phone # is 1-866-244-9108. try calling Monday and give nmae of your workplace to see if they have EPP discounts for ya. Cheers
Feb 27, 2010
213 posts
127 upvotes
ips1177 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:10 pm
im in same boat as you, federal gov worker in ottawa area/kingston. Would like rogers/bell/telus endless data plan $75/10gb with 30% off subtracted but cannot seem to get it with either carrier....
Telus has 76/20gb plan with discounted applied
Nov 13, 2013
821 posts
1529 upvotes
Kingston, ON
juve4lfe wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:21 pm
Telus has 76/20gb plan with discounted applied
thanks but would rather have 10gb for $52.50 ($75-30%) with either carrier. not looking to spend more than 60 bucks a month for any amount of data.
Nov 13, 2013
821 posts
1529 upvotes
Kingston, ON
does anyone know how much slower the endless data speed is vs the full speed when still within the gb allowance? Like I know its 512 kbps once you surpass your limit but how much is full speed?
Apr 4, 2017
216 posts
170 upvotes
Found out a bit more. Telus Corporate Stores in Sherway, Yorkdale and TD Centre can activate EPP plans in store and get you up and running with a new phone. Much quicker than the online route. They will verify eligibility in store through work email verification. They are the only corporate stores that do EPP at this time.

Thread Information

There are currently 16 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 8 guests)

PizzaPlanetTruck, 420Jerry, idontwantausername, jimmybobert, PennyArcade, shiqiliu10, nikunj4, hankbuster