• Oct 17th, 2019 3:45 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2215 posts
1685 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
ips1177 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:26 pm
does anyone know how much slower the endless data speed is vs the full speed when still within the gb allowance? Like I know its 512 kbps once you surpass your limit but how much is full speed?
Well I just did a test on Telus in my basement with the phone showing 1 bar and got 99 Mbps with a couple spikes to nearly 105 Mbps on an iPhone XS Max. I'm sure it'd be significantly quicker if I was in a better spot, I've gotten over 150 on Rogers just on an iPhone 8+ before.

Also I'm super glad I went with the extra $2/month for the XS Max over the standard XS. I don't give a damn about the notch and I FINALLY feel happy with the screen size.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1036 posts
169 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 12:58 pm
Sherway, Erin Mills, Milton Crossroads stores can do it. It’s a select bunch, call in first to confirm.

I asked if I can cancel my current order and they said yes but I’m running the risk of doing a second credit check. Just something I didnt want to do (I’m sure I’ll pass with flying colours, but do I really want to do it?)

Just here thinking I can cancel the order and walk in the store to get my phone. Oh well.
Go to one listed as Telus and not something like IQ Mobile or Master Com. I would call first to confirm they have someone who can help you with setting up an EPP. If they try to say you need to talk to your rep just say you prefer to do it in person and not over email or the web portal.

https://www.telus.com/en/on/resources/s ... =ge-footer
Apr 4, 2017
216 posts
170 upvotes
Sherway, yorkdale and td centre are the only corporate locations processing epp
Dec 21, 2008
306 posts
33 upvotes
Kingston
ips1177 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:26 pm
does anyone know how much slower the endless data speed is vs the full speed when still within the gb allowance? Like I know its 512 kbps once you surpass your limit but how much is full speed?
Its not any slower.
Jul 4, 2010
63 posts
7 upvotes
For telus. When i go to evs.telus.com and enter my info and get to the offer page, when i click on the redeem button i’m taken to an error 500 page. Is anyone else seeing this? It’s been like this for days
Nov 13, 2013
824 posts
1529 upvotes
Kingston, ON
CanadianTSi wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 11:41 am
Its not any slower.
yaya sure its "not any slower"......and water isn't wet and the sky isn't blue...
Dec 16, 2010
254 posts
172 upvotes
mecca319 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 12:10 pm
For telus. When i go to evs.telus.com and enter my info and get to the offer page, when i click on the redeem button i’m taken to an error 500 page. Is anyone else seeing this? It’s been like this for days
I had that problem on mobile and had to use a PC.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2215 posts
1685 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
If it hasn't been mentioned yet the Winnipeg locations for Telus where it can be done in-store are Garden City and Grant Park.
Jul 31, 2019
18 posts
4 upvotes
Anyone know of a Telus corporate store in Calgary? If I want to avoid the online route.

I checked the smartcell page and it looks like zero locations out west.... My epp portal is through them.
Aug 14, 2019
7 posts
Kuchiekoorov wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 12:38 pm
Anyone know of a Telus corporate store in Calgary? If I want to avoid the online route.

I checked the smartcell page and it looks like zero locations out west.... My epp portal is through them.
I think Tom Harris or Clearwest Solutions should be able to set up EPP accounts.
Jul 3, 2002
205 posts
27 upvotes
So the big difference for me is that Telus is doing a discount on the plan.. so the plan price can go up at any time since your EPP deal is just a % discount. Bell's EPP is a fixed price... but the question I have, is will Bell increase the price? Or will it be locked in for as long as I have the plan and make no changes?
Apr 10, 2017
811 posts
269 upvotes
oggie wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 1:53 pm
So the big difference for me is that Telus is doing a discount on the plan.. so the plan price can go up at any time since your EPP deal is just a % discount. Bell's EPP is a fixed price... but the question I have, is will Bell increase the price? Or will it be locked in for as long as I have the plan and make no changes?
Has it ever happened? Serious question.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)