Hot Deals

Corporate EPP Plans - Bell/Telus/Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 10:31 pm
Apr 16, 2006
46 posts
5 upvotes
Hamilton
I just got the Rogers winback call. Their offer was $135/mo for 10GB CAN/US less 10% ($121/mo) with an XS Max for $430 less $300 bill credit. That's still $20 more than the bottom line on Telus for the same deal (and maybe with a phone with more memory on Telus since the agent wasn't clear on the exact SKU), so I said no. Best and final offer was to throw in the Samsung tablet and 2 years of 5GB service for free, but that doesn't help me either.

I guess I can finally open the phone I got from Telus now
Jul 31, 2019
18 posts
4 upvotes
I have been with Rogers for just 3 years , do you always receive a win back call if you leave for Telus? Thinking about jumping on this offer just to receive that call. I don't need 10+ GB so maybe they will offer me something I like. 115$ for 2 6gb lines + phones would win me back and that tablet (2 10 GB lines + phones with bring back, I'm looking at around 143 a month with Telus). Haha I'm easy.
Apr 16, 2006
46 posts
5 upvotes
Hamilton
Kuchiekoorov wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 3:35 pm
What did you mean by 2 years of 5gb service for free? 5gb bonus data?
I’m guessing it was supposed to be 5 gigs of extra full speed data shared between the phone and tablet, but the agenda didn’t really explain the whole thing. She did say that after the two years was up, the extra data falls off and you start paying for the tablet service (it’s like $10/mo these days?).

Not the absolute worst deal if you’re in the market for an android tablet with data.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1642 posts
1243 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 1:58 pm
Has it ever happened? Serious question.
Has prices ever gone up on a plan? Yes
Oct 25, 2010
555 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver
ips1177 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:26 pm
does anyone know how much slower the endless data speed is vs the full speed when still within the gb allowance? Like I know its 512 kbps once you surpass your limit but how much is full speed?
Telus says it's 512 for both up and down capped and it's the same with rogers. When I was at the rogers' store it said on the placard that for infinite plans the down speed caps at 256, which I would assume the up is also capped at 256 for a total of 512 for both up and down and telus probably has the same thing going on.
Jun 21, 2012
94 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Kuchiekoorov wrote: I have been with Rogers for just 3 years , do you always receive a win back call if you leave for Telus? Thinking about jumping on this offer just to receive that call. I don't need 10+ GB so maybe they will offer me something I like. 115$ for 2 6gb lines + phones would win me back and that tablet (2 10 GB lines + phones with bring back, I'm looking at around 143 a month with Telus). Haha I'm easy.
I just switched from Rogers to TELUS and yes now they’re more frequent but it’s a game of chance if you get chosen or not but not to discourage you I left twice and got a call back within 1-3 weeks.

However, this time their offer is not that good. I was offered the $75 for 10gb no discounts or anything. I argued I’m paying less in TELUS why would I go back with you guys the rep seemed like they didn’t even care they just mentioned that Rogers has better service and I just said I’ll think about it and hang up
Jun 21, 2012
94 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
ips1177 wrote: does anyone know how much slower the endless data speed is vs the full speed when still within the gb allowance? Like I know its 512 kbps once you surpass your limit but how much is full speed?
I went over last month for my data and here’s my speed test when I was trying them. It’s close to what’s advertised. I was still able to use my normal day to day usage for Instagram and stream music and a little bit of YouTube. However, I’m not sure why when I was searching through google chrome it’s mad slow
Images
  • image.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1642 posts
1243 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 6:02 pm
while on EPP?
Yes, EPP is just a discount applied to in market plans. When price of said plan goes up, monthly $$ goes up. The Epp discount is constant
Feb 27, 2010
213 posts
127 upvotes
If I bring a number to Telus by porting I’ll get charged 50 dollars, if I want to get a phone with that number say 1 month later will I be charges another 50 dollar fee again?
Jul 4, 2010
63 posts
7 upvotes
ande8150 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 12:13 pm
I had that problem on mobile and had to use a PC.
Thanks for the reply but i get that on mobile and on pc..strange..will try someone else's computer.
Jun 21, 2012
94 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
juve4lfe wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 7:52 pm
If I bring a number to Telus by porting I’ll get charged 50 dollars, if I want to get a phone with that number say 1 month later will I be charges another 50 dollar fee again?
No, if your number is already with TELUS and decide to upgrade you wouldn’t need to pay that $50 again. I’m assuming your talking about the consumer to corporate switch over charge?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2218 posts
1691 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Telus' EPP plans have a specific price listed in the description of the one you signed up for though. Like my plan is literally called "MB/SK EPP Peace of Mind $85/20GB (20% Savings)". There's nothing in the contract itself that says they can increase the price I'm paying per month for the term of the contract, and if they were to change the description to increase the price they would be breaking the contract.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

idontwantausername