Home & Garden

Cost effective way to level driveway with garage floor? Ramps/cold patch/asphalt

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 10:27 am
[OP]
Aug 1, 2016
463 posts
835 upvotes

Cost effective way to level driveway with garage floor? Ramps/cold patch/asphalt

I recently got a civic hatchback sport trim and this vehicle comes with 18" rims with some tires that look fairly low profile. Now my previous vehicle had 16" rims and the tires were fairly thick. I usually park my vehicle in my garage and ever since getting this new vehicle I cringe a little when take it into the garage since the floor is so uneven with the driveway. Since my old vehicle had thicker tires I guess I never noticed it but with this new one, I definitely feel that bump more and would like to do something about it.

The driveway seems to have sunken 2-3 inches in regards to height you can see from the pics.

I went to my local home depot and talked to a rep there and they mentioned getting a couple bags of cold patch and leveling it that way. However they were sold out. I've also seen people using ramps and that seems like a pretty good solution for a guy who's not really handy like myself. My only concern for those is that they're not really stable and when reversing are probably more likely to move.

Anyone have any ideas for what else I could use?
Images
  • 20200708_223732.jpg
  • 20200708_223725.jpg
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19432 posts
22541 upvotes
GTA
Well, redoing the driveway with new asphalt would be ideal, but costly.
Cheapest would be to make your own little ramp with some wood if you can't get the cold patch. You look for cold patch at other stores like Rona, Lowes, Canadian Tire.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
7791 posts
6219 upvotes
Ottawa
Aquaphalt or get a paving or concrete contractor to do a ramp in asphalt or concrete or grind a ramp into the concrete garage pad from the door out.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
9951 posts
4186 upvotes
Vaughan
Best is to rip the current one up and repave new driveway.
Dec 7, 2009
507 posts
330 upvotes
B-Town
If repaving is not an option, drive around your neighborhood and look for lawn signs of paving contractors that will be repaving driveways. Since they will be in the neighborhood they could come and place some asphalt to get you by until you can travel. That's when it will be the cheapest for you.