Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Locked: 1.00 CTW DIAMOND WEDDING SET $1999.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 11:31 am
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 13, 2020
22 posts
92 upvotes

[Costco] 1.00 CTW DIAMOND WEDDING SET $1999.99

Platinum Diamond wedding set. Great deal for anyone thinking about proposing. Was only available in size 5, 6 & 7 but was sold out on the very first day it went on sale. Size 5 & 6 is available for backorder. Delivery in a month or so.
Last edited by fazjl92 on Sep 24th, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Share:
50 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5608 posts
4682 upvotes
Should really clarify in title it's a 0.4ct centre diamond with setting stones that add upto a total of 1ct

Primary Stone Carat Weight 0.4
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
12108 posts
4441 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone who is buying a wedding or engagement ring should go educate themselves first before buying one.

There is a lot more to look at to determine to value of the ring other than the carat.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3408 posts
4352 upvotes
Oakville
fazjl92 wrote: Platinum Diamond wedding set. Great deal for anyone thinking about proposing. Was only available in size 5, 6 & 7 but was sold out on the very first day it went on sale. Size 5 & 6 is available for backorder. Delivery in a month or so.
Centre piece is only 0.4 weight.

If you're getting a diamond ring and she wants one, she's going to want something near 1ct for center piece.

I Don't want to get into a discussion of how useless these are (because they are), but if your expects one, get a 1ct. If she doesn't expect one, you're the one who got the diamond.
Last edited by Redmask on Sep 24th, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't use that term for women here.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Newbie
Aug 17, 2020
2 posts
14 upvotes
Those who educate themselves about the value of Diamonds, would not buy one XD
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
6867 posts
7515 upvotes
Richmond Hill
This is like asking for an expensive car, and getting four corollas
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Member
Oct 16, 2017
380 posts
1138 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: Anyone who is buying a wedding or engagement ring should go educate themselves first before buying one.

There is a lot more to look at to determine to value of the ring other than the carat.
There is no value in a ring. It's worth nothing in the resale market.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
12108 posts
4441 upvotes
Toronto
GroundBus wrote:
There is no value in a ring. It's worth nothing in the resale market.
The value is if will receipent happy to receive that 1ctw carat with just small stones on the side, low grade and Low clarity, than if you are going to buy one, buy the "right"one.

There is no value if the receipent got the "diamond" and say or think meh, cheap ugly stone.....That will be your worse $1999 ever spent.
Last edited by MP3_SKY on Sep 24th, 2020 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2016
1130 posts
2467 upvotes
GroundBus wrote: There is no value in a ring. It's worth nothing in the resale market.
I'm lucky to have a wife that refuse to wear any piece of jewelry that cost more than $100. Because (her words) "What a stupid waste of money, a ring or a vacation, ain't the choice easy?" "Who the hell buy a thousand dollars ring you can just lose any time? It's just an object"
( And believe me it's not about money- we more than could afford expensive jewelry for her. The only accessory she wear daily is an apple watch. Whatever I do she refuse to switch to android :( )
Last edited by InvaIid on Sep 24th, 2020 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14947 posts
4554 upvotes
Buying a ring should really be between you and the person you're proposing to. Don't let a bunch of internet armchair experts tell you otherwise. If you want to get a diamond, it's your choice. Want a different stone? Up to you. Don't want a ring? Also fine.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Newbie
Dec 12, 2013
79 posts
10 upvotes
Happy wife happy life! She makes the calls if she wants
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2009
932 posts
951 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone actually ring shopping please read up at https://www.pricescope.com/. You’ll save time, stress and most importantly get the best deal!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3109 posts
6343 upvotes
Diamond colour I... bruh.
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 13, 2020
22 posts
92 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: Diamond colour I... bruh.
Show me a ring in D, E or F in this price range? You get what you pay for. This ring would be over $3-4k at any other jewelry store.
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 13, 2020
22 posts
92 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: I'm lucky to have a wife that refuse to wear any piece of jewelry that cost more than $100. Because (her words) "What a stupid waste of money, a ring or a vacation, ain't the choice easy?" "Who the hell buy a thousand dollars ring you can just lose any time? It's just an object"
( And believe me it's not about money- we more than could afford expensive jewelry for her. The only accessory she wear daily is an apple watch. Whatever I do she refuse to switch to android :( )
You can apply that logic to anything then. Why buy an iPhone when you can get a $150 smartphone that will do the same job? Or why buy a Mercedes when a Toyota will get you from point A to B?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10498 posts
7046 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: Anyone who is buying a wedding or engagement ring should go educate themselves first before buying one.

There is a lot more to look at to determine to value of the ring other than the carat.
Can't agree more.




Member
Nov 20, 2017
487 posts
717 upvotes
fazjl92 wrote:
You can apply that logic to anything then. Why buy an iPhone when you can get a $150 smartphone that will do the same job? Or why buy a Mercedes when a Toyota will get you from point A to B?
You're literally making his argument.

Not intending to off-topic the conversation here, but since we're examining jewelry, it feels relevant to acknowledge our ability to afford these luxuries comes on the back of global child slavery and global labour and living disparities.

I recommend the free CBC Gem series "Why Slavery?" -- really eye-opening stuff:

https://gem.cbc.ca/series/why-slavery/a ... ch-slavery
Last edited by prodacc on Sep 24th, 2020 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 10, 2008
734 posts
642 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Don’t worry, Costco has a generous return policy in case the girlfriend doesn’t like it.
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 13, 2020
22 posts
92 upvotes
prodacc wrote: You're literally making his argument.

Our ability to afford these luxuries comes on the back of global child slavery and global labour and living disparities. Check out the CBC Gem series on slavery, pretty eye-opening stuff.
No, my point is that you would never buy anything nice if you only look at the practicality of it.
And I don’t want to get in that slavery discussion.

Top