Costco

$100 Costco Voucher on Costco Membership - Student Account

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2022 10:26 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7977 upvotes
The best way for a student to save on a Costco membership is to use the parent's co-member card. No yearly fees, Mom/Dad pays for the membership, and the co member card is free. 1 co-member allowed per account.
Jul 20, 2015
247 posts
219 upvotes
ON
DDCBGD6
DDMCF21

Sad days when I renewed a month ago :(
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2406 posts
1448 upvotes
Antarctica
Do these codes expire? Have a membership renewal in April…
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1641 posts
437 upvotes
Woodbridge
Shavenhead777 wrote: first of all, I was a membership clerk at Costco, and 100/50 happens every other month, so 40/20 is shit. Nobody is "at our mercy", in fact Costco employees get abused by members all the time, a base white card sign-up without auto-renew and capital one would be considered a "potato", and if a clerk gets more than a few potatos within a week, he would get a "motivation talk" from his manager or even worse a director, so all that just to let u know a clerk would be more that happy to "find you a buddy" in order to get you to sign up for the black card with capital one.

ur deal is warm at best.
Thanks for your input. I was renewing my membership and wanted to downgrade my executive membership because I got a total of $20 back last year, and never got more than $60 back before. The employee spent 10 minutes convincing me to remain, and then finally he said I could get a refund in half a year if I am unsatisfied and so I agreed to renew my executive. Do you know if I actually can get a refund in half a year or was he lying?

Sorry for the thread derailment. This student deal is pretty hot though
Jul 20, 2015
247 posts
219 upvotes
ON
RedStrikeCa wrote: Neither of these worked for me.
People probably beat you to it Disappointed But Relieved Face Welp will try to post again in 40 minutes I guess!
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1777 posts
527 upvotes
Ottawa
There is expiry date. in these vouchers.
Not much gain from on line. price can be double.
Sep 11, 2007
334 posts
252 upvotes
TDot
moulamou wrote: Sent you a code. When you renew online, there is a place to add promo code. It was accepted.
That's so kind of you - thank you, I've put the order through! Appreciate that!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1616 posts
676 upvotes
GTA
The current Refer a Friend offer until October 24 is better. In addition to online vouchers, you and your friend will each receive a Kirland Signature 100% Colombian Coffee. With the holiday season coming up, I expect them to sweeten the deal on their next Refer a Friend offer.

https://www.costco.ca/kirkland-signatur ... 11882.html
Images
  • Costco Refer a Friend.JPG
Aug 9, 2021
19 posts
27 upvotes
Yes you can. You can cancel the whole membership 1 day before expiration and get a full refund. They may refuse to take you as a member in the future.

In your case, there shouldn't be any issue or consequence
whatsinaname wrote: Thanks for your input. I was renewing my membership and wanted to downgrade my executive membership because I got a total of $20 back last year, and never got more than $60 back before. The employee spent 10 minutes convincing me to remain, and then finally he said I could get a refund in half a year if I am unsatisfied and so I agreed to renew my executive. Do you know if I actually can get a refund in half a year or was he lying?

Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1478 posts
847 upvotes
Would greatly appreciate a code via PM. Will pay it forward…
Jul 4, 2013
233 posts
136 upvotes
Mississauga
Giving me only -$0.01 discount with the code :(
Sep 13, 2010
218 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto, ON
2becool wrote: Giving me only -$0.01 discount with the code :(
That means the promo code has been applied to the purchase order.
Jul 20, 2015
247 posts
219 upvotes
ON
2becool wrote: Giving me only -$0.01 discount with the code :(
How to redeem this offer

1. When paying for your membership, enter your unique promo code at check out in the “Apply promo code” field. You should have received this code once verified as an active student from the Student Beans website.
2. Promo code is applied successfully when “Discount on order of $0.01” appears below “Order Total”.
3. You will receive an email from Costco that will include your membership number. Bring the email to the Membership counter at any Costco Location in Canada to pick up your membership card(s).
4. After successful completion of the sign up process, you will receive an email with your online voucher within 2-4 business days.
Jun 13, 2019
868 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto
whatsinaname wrote: Thanks for your input. I was renewing my membership and wanted to downgrade my executive membership because I got a total of $20 back last year, and never got more than $60 back before. The employee spent 10 minutes convincing me to remain, and then finally he said I could get a refund in half a year if I am unsatisfied and so I agreed to renew my executive. Do you know if I actually can get a refund in half a year or was he lying?

I also got miniscule $8 check as executive member. I requested to match it with minimum $60 cashback as promised and they immediately issued refund for difference amount.. You may want to check again..
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2406 posts
1448 upvotes
Antarctica
Shavenhead777 wrote: first of all, I was a membership clerk at Costco, and 100/50 happens every other month, so 40/20 is shit. Nobody is "at our mercy", in fact Costco employees get abused by members all the time, a base white card sign-up without auto-renew and capital one would be considered a "potato", and if a clerk gets more than a few potatos within a week, he would get a "motivation talk" from his manager or even worse a director, so all that just to let u know a clerk would be more that happy to "find you a buddy" in order to get you to sign up for the black card with capital one.

ur deal is warm at best.
What a scummy treatment of employees. This sounds no different from the 7-11 manager writing you up if you failed to sell all the hot dogs even if no one was alive in the area.

So much for Costco setting a higher bar. It’s true, all these corps don’t give a shit.
Nov 22, 2016
130 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal
r3qytfugishdjlk wrote: Does anyone know what would happen to Capital One credit card cash back balance if one does not renew for next year?

Would the cash disappear?
Yes it would, simple logic is that in order to have a capital one, u need to be a Costco member, once ur no longer a member, ur capital one will get cancelled, and they only mail out their cash back once a year, so you’d lose it.
May 3, 2015
164 posts
57 upvotes
BC
Would also appreciate a code. Thanks
Nov 22, 2016
130 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal

He is not lying, but it ain’t the whole truth either. After the first year, u can get a partial refund anytime during the year except for 90 days before ur renewal, if I remember correctly. So the sooner u do the refund, the more you’d get back. Not a lot of ppl know this, but the first cash back cheque u get is actually for 9 months only, Costco wants u to have the the cheque in hand when it comes to renewal, good excuse to convince ppl stay executive.
Sep 5, 2008
87 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Will renew prior to hallowe’en, and will appreciate a code through PM.

Thank you so much!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)