Costco

$100 Costco Voucher on Costco Membership - Student Account

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2022 10:26 am
Nov 22, 2016
130 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal
Dawson788 wrote: Yes you can. You can cancel the whole membership 1 day before expiration and get a full refund. They may refuse to take you as a member in the future.

In your case, there shouldn't be any issue or consequence
U can do this only in the first year, and u can’t be a member again for the next 18 months. Starting second year, u only get partial refund for both cancellation and downgrade.
Aug 16, 2020
801 posts
146 upvotes
Really appreciate if someone can PM one code.

Thank you.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3443 posts
1479 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looking for a code also, mine will expire at the end of the month. Please PM me. Thank you.
Nov 22, 2016
130 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal
trigger0 wrote: I also got miniscule $8 check as executive member. I requested to match it with minimum $60 cashback as promised and they immediately issued refund for difference amount.. You may want to check again..
That is not store policy, Costco never promises a guaranteed $60 cash back, I’m very confident on that. That being said, some warehouses put immense pressure on employees to push the black card, so some employees lie to meet their unofficial quota, then in very rare circumstances, Costco would back that up, I repeat, very very rare.

The actual Costco membership satisfaction guarantee is that you would get a full refund of the first year membership fee if you r not satisfied at any time, but then ur also blacklisted for 18 months, and you lose ur cash back too. After the first year, you would only get partial refund for cancellation and downgrade.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1226 posts
1467 upvotes
Toronto
divetus wrote: How to redeem this offer

1. When paying for your membership, enter your unique promo code at check out in the “Apply promo code” field. You should have received this code once verified as an active student from the Student Beans website.
2. Promo code is applied successfully when “Discount on order of $0.01” appears below “Order Total”.
3. You will receive an email from Costco that will include your membership number. Bring the email to the Membership counter at any Costco Location in Canada to pick up your membership card(s).
4. After successful completion of the sign up process, you will receive an email with your online voucher within 2-4 business days.
Interesting. I applied to a renewal, so will be interesting to see how it plays out in that sense (since you don't really "complete" that process.
Nov 22, 2016
130 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal
Crichtonfan wrote: What a scummy treatment of employees. This sounds no different from the 7-11 manager writing you up if you failed to sell all the hot dogs even if no one was alive in the area.

So much for Costco setting a higher bar. It’s true, all these corps don’t give a shit.
Costco as a publicly traded company has every financial detail out in the open, I remember seeing the stats couple years back that 92% of the profits come from membership fee, so the pressure is obvious. Besides, membership clerks have better pay, better schedule and better access to management for future advancement in the company. So not quite the same as other departments.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2012
2861 posts
927 upvotes
I was also promised a min $60 cash back guarantee (otherwise they would refund the difference), when the clerk upsold me to the Executive membership. I did get my $140 in cashback though. Can't believe I spent $7k at Costco in a year. Sheeeeeeeesh.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2413 posts
1450 upvotes
Antarctica
Shavenhead777 wrote: Costco as a publicly traded company has every financial detail out in the open, I remember seeing the stats couple years back that 92% of the profits come from membership fee, so the pressure is obvious. Besides, membership clerks have better pay, better schedule and better access to management for future advancement in the company. So not quite the same as other departments.
Personally, I wouldn’t take the abuse for the small carrot they offer. Retail is hell enough already.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1956 upvotes
alpha2omega wrote: DDEJJHC
ARGH Of course someone took the code already.

Can someone please send me a code if you're not using - but this time by PM I could really use one :(

Thanks again @alpha2omega !
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1956 upvotes
divetus wrote: People probably beat you to it Disappointed But Relieved Face Welp will try to post again in 40 minutes I guess!
If you have more, I'd love one too please. Someone took the code I was kindly given... :(
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1956 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote: Neither of these worked for me.
It's other people, including non-members of RFD. They just take the code.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1956 upvotes
spyhero wrote: The current Refer a Friend offer until October 24 is better. In addition to online vouchers, you and your friend will each receive a Kirland Signature 100% Colombian Coffee. With the holiday season coming up, I expect them to sweeten the deal on their next Refer a Friend offer.

https://www.costco.ca/kirkland-signatur ... 11882.html
Can the secondary card member refer the primary?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1619 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
berrytree wrote: Can the secondary card member refer the primary?
You can try. Just don't tell membership desk clerk that you already have a secondary card but I would wait for the next Refer a Friend offer for better deal.
Jul 20, 2015
247 posts
219 upvotes
ON
berrytree wrote: If you have more, I'd love one too please. Someone took the code I was kindly given... :(
I PMed you
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1956 upvotes
Oh @divetus explained it above:

From their post:

How to redeem this offer

1. When paying for your membership, enter your unique promo code at check out in the “Apply promo code” field. You should have received this code once verified as an active student from the Student Beans website.
2. Promo code is applied successfully when “Discount on order of $0.01” appears below “Order Total”.
3. You will receive an email from Costco that will include your membership number. Bring the email to the Membership counter at any Costco Location in Canada to pick up your membership card(s).
4. After successful completion of the sign up process, you will receive an email with your online voucher within 2-4 business days.
Last edited by berrytree on Oct 24th, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 17, 2015
115 posts
62 upvotes
QC
Does costco.ca allow applying 100 off 250 coupon to a previous (recent) order? I placed an order of >250 lastweek
Last edited by Leloiboi on Oct 24th, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 5, 2020
15 posts
1 upvote
I have a costco membership that expires in November. My wife is on my account, can she jump on that deal? Technically she is not a costco member I guess...or she is?
Jul 20, 2015
247 posts
219 upvotes
ON
berrytree wrote: It took 0.01 off. Does anyone know why?

Thank you again @divetus ! :)
That is to show you that the promo was successfully applied.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)