• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2020 10:55 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8788 posts
651 upvotes

Costco $100 tire rebate

We are supposed to get a $100 Costco rebate from the purchase of 4 tires back in May. It was originally an email with barcode they sent me that can be redeemed at the Costco cashier. However, the cashier told me that they have changed the plan and will be mailing me the rebate card instead. However, we don't seem to receive it. When I checked with Costco customer service, they told me they have mailed it in June. How can I prove that we didn't receive it ? Their system only says they have mailed it out but can't verify if the $100 rebate card has been redeemed ???

Thanks for any advice.
4 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14115 posts
8525 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure OP but I went though this last year/this year as well. I got the email with the eshop barcode and I didn't use it before they swapped out systems. I ended up getting it in the mail like when you get your cash back/statements. Did you get any?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8788 posts
651 upvotes
koffey wrote: Not sure OP but I went though this last year/this year as well. I got the email with the eshop barcode and I didn't use it before they swapped out systems. I ended up getting it in the mail like when you get your cash back/statements. Did you get any?
I didn't get it from mail, and checked with my wife, and she doesn't recall seeing a $100 gift card, but only received the rebate from the Executive Membership card. I am hoping Costco has the system to track what rebate card they have mailed and if they have been redeemed....
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14115 posts
8525 upvotes
Toronto
rdx wrote: I didn't get it from mail, and checked with my wife, and she doesn't recall seeing a $100 gift card, but only received the rebate from the Executive Membership card. I am hoping Costco has the system to track what rebate card they have mailed and if they have been redeemed....
Mine wasn't a physical plastic gift card. It was just a piece of costco paper style cheque. It still needs to be bar coded by the cashier, so I would think they should be able to reprint or track if it has been used. My understanding for the switch was to merge the e-shop with the regular rebate because e-shop limited people to buy only from costco online and not instore. GL
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8788 posts
651 upvotes
koffey wrote: Mine wasn't a physical plastic gift card. It was just a piece of costco paper style cheque. It still needs to be bar coded by the cashier, so I would think they should be able to reprint or track if it has been used. My understanding for the switch was to merge the e-shop with the regular rebate because e-shop limited people to buy only from costco online and not instore. GL
I see. I am not sure what they have mailed me. All I was told that they don't take the barcode from email anymore, and asked me to wait for rebate from the mail that we haven't received.... And they said they have already mailed it out.....