[OP]
Oct 4, 2009
372 posts
292 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC

[Costco] 11.25" x 8.75" Hardcover Photo Book - $17.99

Just received this in my email:

imageService.jpeg

It seems that from Nov 18 - Dec 1 the 11.25" x 8.75" Hardcover Photo Book is $17.99 for 30 pages.
25 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7026 posts
6021 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for sharing! Has anyone used the Costco photo printing service & can comment on quality?
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2184 posts
2885 upvotes
Can Costco do layouts and everything like shutterfly ?
[OP]
Oct 4, 2009
372 posts
292 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Said212 wrote: Thanks for sharing! Has anyone used the Costco photo printing service & can comment on quality?
I've printed photos and posters with them and I'm quite happy with their quality.
simplypop wrote: Can Costco do layouts and everything like shutterfly ?
It's not as expansive, but you can definitely do varied layouts. I found shutterfly to be clunky and onerous and while the costco one has less options, it's easier to deal with. So, you win some, you lose some, in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2184 posts
2885 upvotes
deus wrote: I've printed photos and posters with them and I'm quite happy with their quality.

It's not as expansive, but you can definitely do varied layouts. I found shutterfly to be clunky and onerous and while the costco one has less options, it's easier to deal with. So, you win some, you lose some, in my opinion.
ah I see. Thanks. I always thought it was literally just a photo per page, and thats it lol
Jan 19, 2007
691 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
Said212 wrote: Thanks for sharing! Has anyone used the Costco photo printing service & can comment on quality?
I've had regular prints and a large canvas print done at Costco. I've only ordered framed prints / canvas prints from 2 other places before. The Costco one is just as good in terms of quality. The only thing that is lacking is the interface to ensure that you are getting the right contrast/brightness in your photos and also a checker to make sure that the source image resolution is appropriate for a blown up version. Overall I'm happy with Costco photo and pretty much am a convert to them because of 1) better pricing for pretty much the same quality as some other dedicated vendors and 2) convenience and surety of recourse if you are unhappy with what you get
Jan 29, 2008
7 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Do you need a Costco membership for this?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1468 posts
727 upvotes
Holy crap!! I just finished my photobook earlier this afternoon and wanted to submit it, but wanted to give another look-over tonight.. I have the maximum of 60 pages ready to go, but just saw this post!! I'd give you 100 thumbs-up, but I can't create that many accounts!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1468 posts
727 upvotes
simplypop wrote: Can Costco do layouts and everything like shutterfly ?
I can't comment on shutterfly as I've never used it, but you can do layouts for each page.. you can add as much as 6 photos per page
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1468 posts
727 upvotes
Not sure why the deal indicates minimum of 30 pages, when it already includes that as the starting point.
[OP]
Oct 4, 2009
372 posts
292 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
fancypantsfloyd wrote: Holy crap!! I just finished my photobook earlier this afternoon and wanted to submit it, but wanted to give another look-over tonight.. I have the maximum of 60 pages ready to go, but just saw this post!! I'd give you 100 thumbs-up, but I can't create that many accounts!
Haha! Glad I could help!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
2350 posts
5118 upvotes
Ontario
motif04 wrote: Do you need a Costco membership for this?
I would assume yes. I've needed a membership for any of the other printing I've done at Costco.
Dec 4, 2017
379 posts
470 upvotes
Whitby
Anyone aware about another tool to customize the album and, once done, just sent to Costco to print it?
Their page sucks when you need to manage too many images.
Tks
Dec 3, 2007
788 posts
623 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
IvensM066447 wrote: Anyone aware about another tool to customize the album and, once done, just sent to Costco to print it?
Their page sucks when you need to manage too many images.
Tks
Agree. Almost unusable to configure older to newer photos. I didn't see an upload button. Did you?
Dec 4, 2017
379 posts
470 upvotes
Whitby
glib wrote: Agree. Almost unusable to configure older to newer photos. I didn't see an upload button. Did you?
Yeah, I was able to add all my pics to the "database" easily. There is an upload button right above the Costco logo in the blue bar. In the next page you can just drag and drop.

My problem is after that. When I started creating the pages, that was really bad. You can't move entire pages for example. Even copy and past to just move one single pic from one page to another doesn't work.
These are basic functions when building a new album.
Dec 3, 2007
788 posts
623 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
IvensM066447 wrote: Yeah, I was able to add all my pics to the "database" easily. There is an upload button right above the Costco logo in the blue bar. In the next page you can just drag and drop.

My problem is after that. When I started creating the pages, that was really bad. You can't move entire pages for example. Even copy and past to just move one single pic from one page to another doesn't work.
These are basic functions when building a new album.
Thanks for confirming. It has been a couple months since I tried and do recall how it was impossible to reorder or move pics or pages around. You have to delete individual pics and upload others and forget about it if you want to move one from an early page and close the gap.
Jul 31, 2016
536 posts
1001 upvotes
Whitby
fancypantsfloyd wrote: Holy crap!! I just finished my photobook earlier this afternoon and wanted to submit it, but wanted to give another look-over tonight.. I have the maximum of 60 pages ready to go, but just saw this post!! I'd give you 100 thumbs-up, but I can't create that many accounts!
procrastination FTW
Dec 4, 2017
379 posts
470 upvotes
Whitby
glib wrote: Thanks for confirming. It has been a couple months since I tried and do recall how it was impossible to reorder or move pics or pages around. You have to delete individual pics and upload others and forget about it if you want to move one from an early page and close the gap.
Yup... still waiting for someone that can share some tips in this thread. LOL
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2228 posts
644 upvotes
I definitely will take advantage of this! Thank you!
Nov 12, 2019
14 posts
26 upvotes
Do you need a coupon code to get the discount? Link shows $25.99 and not the discounted price.