• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2022 8:57 pm
[OP]
Dec 24, 2015
142 posts
222 upvotes
Burnaby

[Costco] $119.99 - American Standard Pull down Kitchen Faucet + Soap Dispenser

Costco has this American Standard Pull down faucet for sale at $119.99 that comes with a soap dispenser.

Hot price if you are looking to replace your old one. If my memory serves right, a similar faucet from Moen is currently on sale in stores for $299.99.

667 units remaining at time of posting.
42 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1110 posts
486 upvotes
Ottawa
Solid reviews on homedepot.com (US site) where it's USD 159
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
I've bought cheapy no names before. The build quality is noticable compared to brand name and they definately last longer. Replacement parts will be easier to find as well.

I've never used specficaly this brand above, but I can tell you the Moen normally costs 199 in store.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
5001 posts
5787 upvotes
GTA
rockinggokul wrote: Costco has this American Standard Pull down faucet for sale at $119.99 that comes with a soap dispenser.

Hot price if you are looking to replace your old one. If my memory serves right, a similar faucet from Moen is currently on sale in stores for $299.99.

667 units remaining at time of posting.
A similar Moen is 209.99. https://www.costco.ca/kitchen-faucets.h ... _attr-Moen
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1466 posts
758 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone notice with these taller style kitchen faucets that the water splashes everywhere due to the higher pressure/height of the faucet?
The Moen faucet I have (not sure which model) which I also bought from Costco last year, the water discharges in a concentrated round shape from the centre of the nozzle with option to spray when pushing a lever.

I prefer the old style which isn't as high. Unless I'm able to control the pressure of the faucet by closing the water valve under the sink....
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1772 posts
1285 upvotes
That particular one doesn't come with the soap dispenser. I've had it for 7 years now, and still going strong. I find the mode selector on the head is finicky, so if you switch from stream to spray, it takes a couple of tries to get it back to stream and this has gotten worse over time. Otherwise, great buy.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks op. Mine is on its last legs. I've been looking.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
5001 posts
5787 upvotes
GTA
Gr8irlbot wrote: That particular one doesn't come with the soap dispenser. I've had it for 7 years now, and still going strong. I find the mode selector on the head is finicky, so if you switch from stream to spray, it takes a couple of tries to get it back to stream and this has gotten worse over time. Otherwise, great buy.
The company that did my Kitchen reno says vey few people install the soap dispenser in the Kitchen even if one comes with the faucet. You should call Moen for a replacement head their faucets have a lifetime warranty.
Last edited by tew on Jan 21st, 2022 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 8, 2019
63 posts
619 upvotes
skyrink wrote: Does anyone notice with these taller style kitchen faucets that the water splashes everywhere due to the higher pressure/height of the faucet?
The Moen faucet I have (not sure which model) which I also bought from Costco last year, the water discharges in a concentrated round shape from the centre of the nozzle with option to spray when pushing a lever.

I prefer the old style which isn't as high. Unless I'm able to control the pressure of the faucet by closing the water valve under the sink....
You are supposed to install the faucet so the water goes into a sink.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5800 posts
4090 upvotes
That thing looks like it'll break in 6 months - it's also less sleek looking than OPs. I would spend the extra $10 on American Standard. vs that brand. OPs also comes with a matching soap dispenser if you're into that.
Last edited by hvc on Jan 21st, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 10, 2006
667 posts
526 upvotes
skyrink wrote: Does anyone notice with these taller style kitchen faucets that the water splashes everywhere due to the higher pressure/height of the faucet?

I did notice it when I got mine 5 years ago. But you get used to it and learn to only turn the faucet on to the required water strength only. You don't need to adjust from the bottom of the sink unless your problem is with a young one who always turn the faucet to full blast. But adjusting from the bottom will require you to balance out the hot and cold water as well or you'll have uneven pressure.

Plus I like the higher faucets as you can get stuff under the faucet easily without having to move the faucet away, put item in sink, move faucet on top of item, turn water on then have to turn water off, move faucet out of the way just to get your item out of the sink.
Mar 11, 2018
105 posts
158 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
Don't buy cheap faucets, stick to known brands like Moen or Delta. The cheap ones feel cheap, they leak and finding parts is a pain. The known brands have lifetime warranties and send new cartridges if theirs leak.

If you want a good deal check Amazon Warehouse, I bought a bunch of faucets/bath fixtures from there and they've been great.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
6002 posts
2182 upvotes
I don't like the stainless steel finish.
Chrome is better and easier to clean.
however, at this price, beggars can't be choosers