$119.99 - American Standard Pull down Kitchen Faucet + Soap Dispenser

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2022 8:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5141 posts
4558 upvotes
Toronto
when setting up the supply lines for these pull down faucets, should the cold water line be used for the "up" position on the handle, or "down"? i've been to places where both are used

i typically use cold for the "up" position and pull down for hot water

is this correct?
Nov 1, 2016
145 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
I install this in the basement. It is a not bad faucet but not amazing, the finishes is good and the structure looks solid enough.
But somehow the minerals often trapped and blocked the filter about every half a year, I don't have this issue anywhere in my home. I guess that's the reason why many review complaint slow water flow.
For this price plus American Standard lifetime warranty, I am still happy.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16363 posts
4234 upvotes
does this have lifetime warranty?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2073 posts
2158 upvotes
american standard is trash, spend a little bit more and get a moen or delta
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5141 posts
4558 upvotes
Toronto
wildzero wrote: american standard is trash, spend a little bit more and get a moen or delta
it's ok and with costco if it eventually becomes trash, just return it
Nov 1, 2020
173 posts
319 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: when setting up the supply lines for these pull down faucets, should the cold water line be used for the "up" position on the handle, or "down"? i've been to places where both are used

i typically use cold for the "up" position and pull down for hot water

is this correct?
In my home, and just in my general experience: Up, left, counterclockwise should be hot.

My Moen sink faucet is similar in style to this AS model and it's supply lines are labelled hold/cold so that the function is up hot and down cold.
Last edited by JohnieSmithe on Jan 21st, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes
tew wrote: The company that did my Kitchen reno says vey few people install the soap dispenser in the Kitchen even if one comes with the faucet. You should call Moen for a replacement head their faucets have a lifetime warranty.
I generally had good experience with Moen's warranty policy. I had 2 or 3 faucets that develop different issues, and Moen either mail me the replacement parts or replace the whole faucet. Not sure if American Standard will be similar in that aspect.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Oct 15, 2004
132 posts
51 upvotes
mississauga
wildzero wrote: american standard is trash, spend a little bit more and get a moen or delta
delta is American Standard sub brand, and usually low quality than AS.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: it's ok and with costco if it eventually becomes trash, just return it
I don't know about the quality of American Standard, but the labour and/or water damage involved in a faulty faucet may not be worth it.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5141 posts
4558 upvotes
Toronto
BB88 wrote: I don't know about the quality of American Standard, but the labour and/or water damage involved in a faulty faucet may not be worth it.
american standard is fine.. i've had moen and delta faucets go bad as well, if the supply lines are tight and dry, a leak from the faucet head or bad cartridge shouldn't be too bad to replace/return
Nov 23, 2020
147 posts
182 upvotes
TO
Good deal! I've had good experience with American Standard so hopefully this works well
Thanks OP!
Mar 15, 2012
245 posts
484 upvotes
does anyone know if this faucet comes up with a deckplate to cover 3 hole installation ? homedpot.com link says no deckplate provided, bit confused
Last edited by prakash132 on Jan 21st, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1730 posts
2332 upvotes
VANCOUVER
There is a great website site StarCraft Reviews that is a great resource for all the faucet knowledge. It's like the Wikipedia of faucets with the history of all the known brands, where they are manufactured, what their warranty is like, and reviews of the products. Highly recommended resource when purchasing a faucet!

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets2.htm

FYI American Standard is no longer made in the US and has a subpar review:
http://www.starcraftcustombuilders.com/ ... andard.htm
Dec 26, 2017
686 posts
497 upvotes
goozy1 wrote: There is a great website site StarCraft Reviews that is a great resource for all the faucet knowledge. It's like the Wikipedia of faucets with the history of all the known brands, where they are manufactured, what their warranty is like, and reviews of the products. Highly recommended resource when purchasing a faucet!

The amount of spelling mistakes on that site is driving me nuts.

looks like it has decent amount of information, but the best way to get an idea of the product is to read customer reviews to see what to look for
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3600 posts
4708 upvotes
Oakville
+1 for Moen and Delta. Especially Moen, they have come so far and done fantastic.
goozy1 wrote: There is a great website site StarCraft Reviews that is a great resource for all the faucet knowledge. It's like the Wikipedia of faucets with the history of all the known brands, where they are manufactured, what their warranty is like, and reviews of the products. Highly recommended resource when purchasing a faucet!

American standard is okay. Not the greatest.
chadw01 wrote: it's ok and with costco if it eventually becomes trash, just return it
The cost of installing and uninstalling and the risk for leaks is not worth it. In this case it's not about the ability to return that dictates the purchase but reliability and performance.

Moens are gold.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Nov 23, 2020
147 posts
182 upvotes
TO
prakash132 wrote: does anyone know if this faucet comes up with a deckplate to cover 3 hole installation ? homedpot.com link says no deckplate provided, bit confused
From the Costco description:
"Escutcheon plate included"
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5141 posts
4558 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote: +1 for Moen and Delta. Especially Moen, they have come so far and done fantastic.

American standard is okay. Not the greatest.

The cost of installing and uninstalling and the risk for leaks is not worth it. In this case it's not about the ability to return that dictates the purchase but reliability and performance.

Moens are gold.
what install cost? anyone with reasonable diy knowledge can install these things or look up how to in you tube; basically turn off the water main/shut off valves, install, turn on the water and check for leaks

for those who do not feel comfortable with doing it themselves, fine, hire a pro, but this isn't some knock off foreign brand and many may not want to pay the premium that delta and moen command

for the price and costco peace of mind, this is a fine deal
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3600 posts
4708 upvotes
Oakville
chadw01 wrote: what install cost? anyone with reasonable diy knowledge can install these things or look up how to in you tube; basically turn off the water main/shut off valves, install, turn on the water and check for leaks

for those who do not feel comfortable with doing it themselves, fine, hire a pro, but this isn't some knock off foreign brand and many may not want to pay the premium that delta and moen command

for the price and costco peace of mind, this is a fine deal
Maybe you have a lot of free time to do it yourself, but many people hire a plumber, for 1) their time is more valuable than the plumber charge, 2) if you over tighten the brass fitting or make some other mistake or the tube itself has a crack and fails, and you get a water leak, your plumbers liability insurance covers it if not related to material. 3) people keep returning stuff and abusing the Costco gaurantee. 4) the Moen sprayer doesn't get clogged up like this one does, so enjoy CLRing your sprayer every 6 months.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1312 posts
394 upvotes
skyrink wrote: Does anyone notice with these taller style kitchen faucets that the water splashes everywhere due to the higher pressure/height of the faucet?
The Moen faucet I have (not sure which model) which I also bought from Costco last year, the water discharges in a concentrated round shape from the centre of the nozzle with option to spray when pushing a lever.

I prefer the old style which isn't as high. Unless I'm able to control the pressure of the faucet by closing the water valve under the sink....

Yep, I experience more spray because of the extra height of the arc.
I guess I love with it because of the looks....in this case, design over function. :/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)