Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

$135 Philips Sonicare Optimal Clean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, 2-pack

Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1294 posts
1241 upvotes
shamans wrote: Often enough that you can buy it at the regular price anytime, keep your receipt and have the price adjusted within a few months.
Costco only price adjusts for 30 days.
Nov 10, 2016
275 posts
391 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
Like 3 years ago, I bought 2 Philips sonicare the premium ones that come with a fancy glass to charge them, the wife didn't really care but I was kinda happy with the brush, but then like a year ago one brush stopped vibrating, I called support and got replaced, (they have a two year warranty), but now the replacement stopped vibrating and the other one stopped charging, I'm out of warranty and having them fixed its expensive, you can diy to fix the vibration but it's difficult for the charging.

I bought the oral-b from Costco and wife still don't care but I like it better than the sonicare and there's a promotion going on that you get a $20 prepaid card of you spend more than $100

That being said, it's not worthy to go with premium models cause their different "modes" (sensitive, whitening, etc) are just different strength settings and for the most part you will just be using the normal one, and for the oral-b Bluetooth connectivity and cellphone tracking to "supervise" how you brush, I think it's plain stupid, but hey some people may like it.

The receding gums issue happens because people apply too much strength when they brush, you just need to guide the brush and let it do its work, the oral-b has a red light pressure sensor to avoid that.

And for the last part there's a lot of water damage and one tip that helped me avoid that is that after use, separate the handle and the brush tip, and place the handle upside down in a glass so gravity does its thing and water goes to the glass instead inside the handle, once it dries, you can return it to the charger, cause most people use it, rinse it and place it in the charger (and that's supposed to be the intended use), but believe me there's water going in, you can google water damage toothbrush and you'll see what I'm taking about.

Sorry, long post.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1486 posts
568 upvotes
George613 wrote: I have read that the aftermarket heads can damage your gums. The heads go on discount at Costco every so often and even regular Costco price is good.
I've read similar warnings. However, from my personal experience, they work fine - my gum looks and feels as healthy as when I was using Philips ones.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
1498 posts
1033 upvotes
sorry for being off topic, but does anyone know how to avoid the oral-b heads from developing mold? i frequently clean mine with hydrogen peroxide but mold starts growing after a while. it's really disgusting...

is there a UV sanitizer for oral-b?
Nov 10, 2016
275 posts
391 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
Hood_Rep wrote: sorry for being off topic, but does anyone know how to avoid the oral-b heads from developing mold? i frequently clean mine with hydrogen peroxide but mold starts growing after a while. it's really disgusting...

is there a UV sanitizer for oral-b?
You should check the humidity levels on your home, they may be a little high, if you are cleaning your toothbrush that much and still developing mold its kinda concerning, I always replace my heads around the 3 month mark and never saw any type of mold.

If you want a UV sanitizer you can get one from amazon like this one, it doesn't need to be specific for oral-b or electric toothbrushes.
Aug 31, 2007
462 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
capogalo wrote: You should check the humidity levels on your home, they may be a little high, if you are cleaning your toothbrush that much and still developing mold its kinda concerning, I always replace my heads around the 3 month mark and never saw any type of mold.

If you want a UV sanitizer you can get one from amazon like this one, it doesn't need to be specific for oral-b or electric toothbrushes.
1+ on everything said here. I'd look into the bathroom fan... most homes suffer from too much humidity in the bathroom. Costco has a nice fan that comes with an automatic humidity sensor which takes the guesswork out of when and how long to turn on the fan...
Telus - SMB Plan from RBC 150gb CA-US-MX Roaming - $45/m
>>> Message Me <<<
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
1498 posts
1033 upvotes
capogalo wrote: You should check the humidity levels on your home, they may be a little high, if you are cleaning your toothbrush that much and still developing mold its kinda concerning, I always replace my heads around the 3 month mark and never saw any type of mold.

Thanks. I believe the bathroom doesn't ventilate too well and mold develops due to humidity. Oddly, it's much more pronounced with the kids brush heads than the adults. I tap the brush head after use to remove the water, but often tiny pieces of mold come off. It's really yucky.

The mold is not in the brush hairs, but inside the mechanism, particularly where the brush head attaches to the body of the toothbrush. I need to get a sanitizer that keeps the entire brush head germ-free, not just the brush hairs.
Nov 10, 2016
275 posts
391 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
Hood_Rep wrote: Thanks. I believe the bathroom doesn't ventilate too well and mold develops due to humidity. Oddly, it's much more pronounced with the kids brush heads than the adults. I tap the brush head after use to remove the water, but often tiny pieces of mold come off. It's really yucky.

The mold is not in the brush hairs, but inside the mechanism, particularly where the brush head attaches to the body of the toothbrush. I need to get a sanitizer that keeps the entire brush head germ-free, not just the brush hairs.
If you check one of my previous posts (the long one lol), I mentioned that after I use the toothbrush, I rinse it and I separate the head and the handle and place them separated in a cup or glass, with the handle upside down to prevent water damage and after it dries a return it to the charger, as there's a lot of residual water there and if you just put it to charge immediately all that water sneaks inside the "waterproof" toothbrush, this may help your issue with mold too, but making and habit of this is kinda difficult.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by DonCapo on Oct 29th, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added photo

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)