Costco

$1599.99 Acer Predator Gaming Desktop i5-11400F, 3060ti, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2021 12:02 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1261 posts
1088 upvotes
jetfire33 wrote: GPU market seems to be even worse now than it was back in Sept/Oct. I'm guessing increased xmas demand? Or are the Etherium miners going all out to maximize return before the oft-delayed switch away from proof of work?
Neither, it's logistics issues. It's the same reason there are no new cars on the lots.

P.S. the 3060 TI is almost assuredly an LHR card. Even if it isn't $1599.99 is a lot for a 3060 TI, with a pile of junk throw in.
Nov 26, 2018
17 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
PerformingAzura wrote: That msi is horrible value.
Acer is amazing value if the gpu is non Lhr and you're able to sell it and get a cheaper card.

If selling the gpu seems like too much hassle, go with Newegg or Canada computers as they likely have similar pricing, but you'll get the benefit of having a much more user serviceable system.
I see. Well, I started looking in Newegg and I found two. Which is a better deal?

https://www.newegg.ca/abs-ali565/p/N82E ... _2yCBV0FCA

or

https://www.newegg.ca/abs-ala267/p/N82E16883360201
Aug 29, 2017
66 posts
75 upvotes
PerformingAzura wrote: I'm using it as my daily driver.
  • It's an 12VO ITX B560 motherboard. The motherboard is wider than your usual ITX board to compensate for the 12Vo circuitry
  • The motherboard does not give the user access to XMP, so you are limited to 3200CL22 (fastest 1.2V RAM I've seen so far, and what it ships with).
  • Since you can't do it in the locked down bios, I've resorted to using an app called ThrottleStop to remove power limits.
  • The custom backplate is integrated to the socket, so upgrading the stock CPU Fan (which is extremely loud and ineffective) is a bit of a hassle. I used ODD screws to mount an existing 120MM tower cooler on mine. (I had to use the glass panel as the metal one would touch the top of the heatpipes. -- Most people with this PC use the 90MM Noctua one
  • There are 4 12V RGB headers. All of them are in use.
  • Mine came with a non LHR 3060Ti, which I sold to buy a quieter and cheaper GPU
  • The PSU only has 8+6pin PCIe power. Which makes finding compatible GPUs a bit harder.
  • There are 2 unused SATA ports and 1 NVME slot. The motherboard can support power to 4 SATA drives but only comes with cables for 2.
  • You could improve the thermals quite a bit if you remove the metal mesh on the top and front of the case.
  • Motherboard supports a maximum of 64GB of RAM
  • The Ethernet port is an Intel E2600 (I was expecting realtek at this price point, so that's a plus)
Outside of the lack of XMP, I'm pretty happy with the PC. Performance is great and after upgrading the CPU fan and replacing the GPU my build is silent.

This PC uses a standard American Mega Trend bios. So I do have hopes someone will release an unlocked bios for this board.. but until then I'll have to settle for these loose timings.

No video IO on the back means you can't run this PC without a gpu (even if you upgrade to a non F sku)

If this PC still has non LHR cards, then this is a strong buy imo. I'm thinking of buying a 2nd one as a spare tbh...

EDIT:
If it isn't non-LHR anymore than I wouldn't buy without a price drop.
I think I've seen Newegg and CanadaComputer bundles at similar price points, but those came with LHR cards.
ie. Like this one (now dead) newegg-abs-gaming-desktop-3060ti-1599-s ... r-2502505/
This is LHR,
http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-749547-1 ... &sid=rfdcb
The fine print on the very bottom of the website says LHR
Feb 15, 2017
21 posts
16 upvotes
Kelowna
I bought one of these Acer Predator machines from Costco and it is not-LHR. I think this is a great price for this system and it's been very reliable and performant for me since I got it (mostly gaming on it). Yes, the website may say LHR (for that model normally), but the Costco ones are not LHR.

The only con for me is that the fans are noisy under load (PerformingAzura's write up is very good and accurate).
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1478 posts
1679 upvotes
Ottawa
twhitema wrote: I bought one of these Acer Predator machines from Costco and it is not-LHR. I think this is a great price for this system and it's been very reliable and performant for me since I got it (mostly gaming on it). Yes, the website may say LHR (for that model normally), but the Costco ones are not LHR.

The only con for me is that the fans are noisy under load (PerformingAzura's write up is very good and accurate).

How are you confirming this? By part number of the GPU in NVIDIA GUI?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2002
1338 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
aidendanger wrote: How are you confirming this? By part number of the GPU in NVIDIA GUI?
DEVICE ID for the 3060ti in the Acer I bought at Costco last month 10DE 2486 - 174B A632 Hynix GDDR6 memory I'm getting a solid 57.5 MH/s on eth hash.

This computer is a buy.
Apr 13, 2019
22 posts
18 upvotes
Can somebody please confirm if this is LHR or not by the label attached?
Images
  • B9D0FB0F-7CC6-45D5-8339-44A0BC7E6749.jpeg
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1478 posts
1679 upvotes
Ottawa
twhitema wrote: GPU Device ID is: 10DE 2486 ... which indicates not LHR.

I tested mining on it - stock was 50MH/s for Ethhash, which is definitely not LHR. More details from others in the original thread:
costco-acer-gaming-desktop-11th-gen-i5- ... s-2498625/

These were the details that stood out. Might be FHR but not a great card compared to others. I'm a gamer not a miner though.
peteryorkuca wrote: I would fully test your Acer like I have. The score for 3DMark is about 20% lower than average and for the miners, you can't OC this higher then +750 memory and will continuously restart nicehash where default setting is +800 for 3060ti and nubs like me would have no clue where the manual override button is.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2488 posts
483 upvotes
GTA
in 2019 I purchased

costco-alienware-aurora-r8-gaming-pc-13 ... 0-2315134/

I've always told not to bother with a prebuild but I thought my gaming days were limited.

in 2020 because of covid/lockdown I started playing more games, specifically warzone. I realized by then, I needed more power and with the upcoming 3000 series coming up, i regretted my purchase.

Luckily there was a recall in April, and because it was Costco, they actually let me return the machine i would say 9-10 months after use.

Since then i've built a 3080 machine (pre price hike)

at the end of the day, if you can build your own, i would recommend going that route.

the
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Jun 3, 2017
117 posts
40 upvotes
Already ordered Dell xps on cyber Monday with 3060. Should I also buy this one just for the 3060ti and make a dual cards miner?
May 8, 2010
99 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
rentonrenton wrote: Already ordered Dell xps on cyber Monday with 3060. Should I also buy this one just for the 3060ti and make a dual cards miner?
Mining with 2 x LHR 3060 ti's?

Nah
Jun 3, 2017
117 posts
40 upvotes
fabiom5 wrote: Can somebody please confirm if this is LHR or not by the label attached?
Where did you take the picture? In Costco warehouse yesterday? Just want to confirm it’s the current batch.
Apr 13, 2019
22 posts
18 upvotes
rentonrenton wrote:
Where did you take the picture? In Costco warehouse yesterday? Just want to confirm it’s the current batch.
Yes, the picture is from the demo at one of the Costco warehouses in SK.

Edit: and it was taken yesterday.
Nov 15, 2020
32 posts
39 upvotes
fabiom5 wrote: Yes, the picture is from the demo at one of the Costco warehouses in SK.

Edit: and it was taken yesterday.
Regina or Saskatoon?
Nov 8, 2007
28 posts
5 upvotes
aZian_ wrote: in 2019 I purchased

costco-alienware-aurora-r8-gaming-pc-13 ... 0-2315134/

I've always told not to bother with a prebuild but I thought my gaming days were limited.

in 2020 because of covid/lockdown I started playing more games, specifically warzone. I realized by then, I needed more power and with the upcoming 3000 series coming up, i regretted my purchase.

Luckily there was a recall in April, and because it was Costco, they actually let me return the machine i would say 9-10 months after use.

Since then i've built a 3080 machine (pre price hike)

at the end of the day, if you can build your own, i would recommend going that route.

the
Hello Azian,

Any detail on the recall ? I own this R8 with rtx2070 from Costco ...

Thanks !
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1089 posts
1118 upvotes
Quebec
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Not many USB ports on the back. No PS2 port?!
No printer parrallel port either, and no Serial SCSI.... how will I plug my old 1995 peripherals ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)