• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2021 12:02 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6284 posts
3784 upvotes
Toronto
AyeKay604 wrote: Thank you for this. I was almost about to return the desktop
As I said on earlier post, cooling management in R12 is less then desirable. I actually bought the same one as you but configured it with 6800xt. If and when it ships, planning to use it with side panel and power supply arm swinged open to give more air flow. Maybe install a liquid cooling or even stick a tower cooler in there even if it doesn't fit, but since planning to use it with PSU arm opened, it should work out, for me anyway.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4472 posts
1149 upvotes
Hamilton
PerformingAzura wrote: Pretty sure it's just a normal 12VO PSU. Eventually all PCs will move to it, but for now there are only a handful of units you could buy.

I was originally very hesitant on using this build (due to no Xmp) , but I'm getting like 90% of the performance for less than 50% of the cost.

My cost after tax for this PC was something like 600$ because I managed to sell the GPU for 1500$.

My friend sold his GPU for 1400. We didn't need to wait that long for someone to pick it up. My friend definitely could have gotten 1500 if he held out atleast 1 day.

My friend is using his 1070 from his old PC, and I picked up a 1080 for 400$

If this PC had an igpu it would be a no brainer.
Ahh. Good to know about the PSU. Thanks!

I still feel it's a buy and never upgrade pc.

Unless you go with some hassle.

Theres only one pcie lane taken by the GPU. . The case could have been much smaller.
You can get creative and get an nvme to pcie adaptor to add something. The gpu is horrible for being a blower card. But it's great that it's at least a ti model.
The price is right
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1261 posts
1088 upvotes
Nonstandard motherboard and case aren't reusable, neither is the 12VO PSU, which is something you only see on OEM parts. You're unlikely to see 12VO on retail motherboards because it increases the cost to build a motherboard and the manufacturers won't do it unless an OEM pays them to. GPU cooler is bottom of the barrel quality. The only reason anyone is buying this is because of the GPU shortage.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
1576 posts
367 upvotes
Flunk wrote: Nonstandard motherboard and case aren't reusable, neither is the 12VO PSU, which is something you only see on OEM parts. You're unlikely to see 12VO on retail motherboards because it increases the cost to build a motherboard and the manufacturers won't do it unless an OEM pays them to. GPU cooler is bottom of the barrel quality. The only reason anyone is buying this is because of the GPU shortage.
The ABS systems are a better buy. Just replace the cheap Thermaltake CPU cooler and you're much better off than this system.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1903 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peteryorkuca wrote: Acer cheaped out on 3060ti in the system. However, 3060 in your Dell is still slower and R12 have heat management issue unless you opted in for liquid cooling and maybe play with the side door/power supply arm open.
How did Acer cheap out on the 3060Ti in this system ? Is it not a regular one, either FE or from and AIB ? Is it a proprietary GPU like Dell/Alienware has ?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
3390 posts
503 upvotes
Is this still available? Any stock in Mississauga?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6284 posts
3784 upvotes
Toronto
Niklasky wrote: How did Acer cheap out on the 3060Ti in this system ? Is it not a regular one, either FE or from and AIB ? Is it a proprietary GPU like Dell/Alienware has ?
Few Acers bought in Oct/Nov from users including me from earlier page, benchmark came out short of avg 11800 for 3060ti. My benchmark came to 9900 in time spy about 20% lower because of the leaf blower you can't go higher then 65% or you will go deaf and subpar components like hynix memory that can't be OCed higher then 700 unlike Samsung memory that can go 1500+.

Still a better system compared to a $1600 3060 prebuilt with best return policy in town.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1903 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peteryorkuca wrote: Few Acers bought in Oct/Nov from users including me from earlier page, benchmark came out short of avg 11800 for 3060ti. My benchmark came to 9900 in time spy about 20% lower because of the leaf blower you can't go higher then 65% or you will go deaf and subpar components like hynix memory that can't be OCed higher then 700 unlike Samsung memory that can go 1500+.

Still a better system compared to a $1600 3060 prebuilt with best return policy in town.
But what brand is the GPU ? What model ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6284 posts
3784 upvotes
Toronto
Niklasky wrote: But what brand is the GPU ? What model ?
It's single blower fan without manufacturer branding.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2360 posts
1603 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: How did Acer cheap out on the 3060Ti in this system ? Is it not a regular one, either FE or from and AIB ? Is it a proprietary GPU like Dell/Alienware has ?
NO clue, but it uses a single 8 pin and has extremely poor memory chips.

Even conservative memory OCs fail on this GPU.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)