Hot Deals

[Costco] $169.99 Staub - 34cm (13 in.) Double handed skillet / Paella Pan back in stock at costco.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2020 8:23 pm
[OP]
Feb 6, 2008
74 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] $169.99 Staub - 34cm (13 in.) Double handed skillet / Paella Pan back in stock at costco.ca

I got this pan couple of weeks ago , last time it was in stock and I love it! No more wasting money on non stick pans. I use it for everything. Black enamel makes it easy to care for, you don't have to re-season it every time you wash it.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 3rd, 2020 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
27 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1535 posts
939 upvotes
Vancouver
Your link triggers something with Costco for me lol:
"Main ContentProhibited characters error
Prohibited characters error
You have attempted to execute an action which our server has flagged as malicious. Your request will not be completed at this time. For more information about this error, contact a service representative."
Dec 30, 2017
460 posts
547 upvotes
GTA
I wish it was a little more deep ... It is too shallow
Feb 25, 2003
432 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
We have this too. It's an excellent price for it.
Jun 13, 2005
226 posts
76 upvotes
vancouver
I have a Lodge cast iron pan that works wonders. What advantages would I see paying an extra $100 for a Staub?
Oct 28, 2014
20 posts
30 upvotes
c3apollyon wrote: I have a Lodge cast iron pan that works wonders. What advantages would I see paying an extra $100 for a Staub?
If you live with someone who is not careful, and ruins the seasoning on your lodge all the time. This is enamel coated, even on the inside
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1352 posts
40 upvotes
surrey
can i return if it sticks or i dont like it?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8569 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
dinguszoo wrote: If you live with someone who is not careful, and ruins the seasoning on your lodge all the time. This is enamel coated, even on the inside
Lodge is perfect for camping and careless people. I wouldn't want a fool ruining my ~$200 cookware!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5073 upvotes
ON
AlexK wrote: can i return if it sticks or i dont like it?
No, you have to wear it around your neck for the rest of your life !! So think carefully before you decide.
Jul 21, 2009
178 posts
48 upvotes
Thanks Op! Ordered. I recently received the Staub Dutch oven that was on sale for $199 and I have been using it quite a bit and I love it. I am hoping I enjoy using this more than my current cast iron pans. While I love cooking with the cast iron pans, cleaning and re-seasoning them gets a bit old, enough so that my wife has stopped using them all together and they only get used by me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8569 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
dshul wrote: I got this pan couple of weeks ago , last time it was in stock and I love it! No more wasting money on non stick pans. I use it for everything. Black enamel makes it easy to care for, you don't have to re-season it every time you wash it.
In stock but not on sale unfortunately Neutral Face. Costco needs to put this on their Daily Deals!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1236 posts
237 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
cgg123321 wrote: Your link triggers something with Costco for me lol:
"Main ContentProhibited characters error
Prohibited characters error
You have attempted to execute an action which our server has flagged as malicious. Your request will not be completed at this time. For more information about this error, contact a service representative."
Diddo - we should start a Prohibited Character Club.
[OP]
Feb 6, 2008
74 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
MtX wrote: In stock but not on sale unfortunately Neutral Face. Costco needs to put this on their Daily Deals!!!
It's on "Hot buys" list. I don't think you can find a better price elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1175 posts
377 upvotes
YVR
justrajdeep wrote: I wish it was a little more deep ... It is too shallow
like my ex.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
Mar 26, 2004
305 posts
168 upvotes
Ottawa
Great deal..pulled the trigger. Love the Staub stuff. Thanks OP
Aug 1, 2005
271 posts
185 upvotes
For anyone intending to use this "paella pan" to make paella, it isn't ideal. Enameled cast iron retains too much heat, and will overcook the rice, ruining your socarrat. You are better with an authentic carbon steel pan, which should also be far cheaper.

However this pan would be great for pasta sauces.
Jul 6, 2014
174 posts
141 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Anyone knows where can find a lid to fit this pan, doesn't have to be cast iron? Thanks!
[OP]
Feb 6, 2008
74 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
amsoil wrote: Anyone knows where can find a lid to fit this pan, doesn't have to be cast iron? Thanks!
I suggest looking at Asian supermarkets. I got mine for $6 .It's glass lid 34 cm, doesn't feet exactly, a bit large, but does the job of covering that pan.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1776 posts
1065 upvotes
Vancouver
justrajdeep wrote: I wish it was a little more deep ... It is too shallow
Get the staub braiser then (but only 28cm across, if that extra 6cm of diameter is must, then nevermind)
https://www.cookstore.ca/catalogsearch/ ... ub+braiser

Glass top one is $199 and the one with the chistera lid for actual braising) is $50 more. I have the braiser with the chistera lid and enjoy it a lot.

edit: https://www.costco.ca/staub-3-piece-bra ... 57430.html hmm, it's like the above price for the braiser + $20 for an enameled skillet. Wish this was around when I got mine 6 years ago lol
Nov 3, 2020
79 posts
59 upvotes
I never understood why people cook on enamel paint! Aside from practicality, but even then..
Veteran RFD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)