• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 3:59 am
[OP]
Dec 27, 2009
47 posts
129 upvotes
Markham

[Costco] $179.99 Fired Up Heated Vest Liner

Not a very hot deal, but I did not find size medium last year. Today I saw it when browsing , so I bought one. You can using the $20 or $40 or $50 coupon if you have one.
29 replies
May 2, 2019
294 posts
352 upvotes
I feel like layering is more effective and economical than this.
Oct 25, 2010
748 posts
348 upvotes
I got one on aliexpress from a store called snowwolf official store which had excellent feedback and it’s been terrific. Only cost $53 cdn too. Bought a small ravpower battery for it on amazon
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7137 posts
1346 upvotes
Bought last year... Tried it, battery doesn't last very long on high... Returned it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5084 posts
1260 upvotes
How long are you guys using it for? 10mins at a time? 30mins?
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Jun 4, 2004
738 posts
453 upvotes
Mississauga
haroldliang wrote: I feel like layering is more effective and economical than this.
More economical, yes. More effective, absolutely not. With no wind, like in my unheated garage, all I need is a t-shirt, this vest, and a fleece pullover (in that order) - and I hate the cold. I also wear the same combination (or less) under my motorcycle jacket in 10 degree weather on the highway between Toronto and Waterloo with no problems, even at double the limit. Before this vest, I’d be shivering within 15 minutes, and I’d be bundled up with much thicker layers which also hinder my movement.
Jun 4, 2004
738 posts
453 upvotes
Mississauga
By the way, get the smallest size you can squeeze into in order to maximize the heat transfer to your skin. It’s a very thin and stretchy material. I got XS and I have a 39 chest. If I could get smaller I would. Then wear it over the thinnest t-shirt you can (like a wife beater) and then wear your layers over it. Basically treat it like an undershirt and you shouldn’t need anything more than medium.
Last edited by FFWD on Dec 3rd, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typos
Mar 12, 2006
800 posts
175 upvotes
ditto to above. Chest is 42/43 and medium. Bought this last year. I will agree that the battery isn't the best. but if you keep it low, and don't always leave it on. It's not a bad gadget. I initially regretted it last year but funny enough, I needed to be outside more this year and its been great.

I usually have it over my t-shirt like above, and just modulate the heat. It definitely heats up nicely. It comes with two batteries.
Jun 4, 2004
738 posts
453 upvotes
Mississauga
dealingnow wrote: Not a very hot deal, but I did not find size medium last year. Today I saw it when browsing , so I bought one. You can using the $20 or $40 or $50 coupon if you have one.
Can I get some info on the $40 and $50 coupons please?
Jul 23, 2011
457 posts
261 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Bought one for my spouse who works outside all day. Hopefully works good, thanks op!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2301 posts
1079 upvotes
SW Ontario
just an fyi - the expiry date has been extended another week - the sale price is now good until Dec 15th
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2208 posts
2846 upvotes
Toronto
FFWD wrote: More economical, yes. More effective, absolutely not. With no wind, like in my unheated garage, all I need is a t-shirt, this vest, and a fleece pullover (in that order) - and I hate the cold. I also wear the same combination (or less) under my motorcycle jacket in 10 degree weather on the highway between Toronto and Waterloo with no problems, even at double the limit. Before this vest, I’d be shivering within 15 minutes, and I’d be bundled up with much thicker layers which also hinder my movement.
dude at 2x the limit on hwy, i'd be in full tuck lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2461 posts
271 upvotes
Mississauga
Can this best use a power bank with DC output?
So I can get a big powerbank from amazon
Mar 7, 2011
243 posts
303 upvotes
Surrey, BC
FFWD wrote: Can I get some info on the $40 and $50 coupons please?
they're from memberships.
40 is for new executive members
50 is for gold star or executive membership renewals
Nov 21, 2017
930 posts
624 upvotes
Surrey BC
So you're paying almost 200$ for this and it still only lasts for up to 2 hrs on high . Why can't engineers figure this stuff out ?
Jun 4, 2004
738 posts
453 upvotes
Mississauga
killer007 wrote: Can this best use a power bank with DC output?
So I can get a big powerbank from amazon
No, it comes with two proprietary 11.1v lithium polymer batteries (use them one at a time).
Jun 4, 2004
738 posts
453 upvotes
Mississauga
fruitpunch.ben wrote: they're from memberships.
40 is for new executive members
50 is for gold star or executive membership renewals
Is it something that comes with the renewal letter? I never looked closely at them - as soon as I see renewal, I throw it out. I just have them renew it at the counter when it's expired.
Jun 4, 2004
738 posts
453 upvotes
Mississauga
flipper316 wrote: So you're paying almost 200$ for this and it still only lasts for up to 2 hrs on high . Why can't engineers figure this stuff out ?
They include 2 batteries, so double that. They are limited by the battery technology currently available. They could have included larger batteries, but then it would be heavier, more uncomfortable, and more expensive. I'm sure you can buy more batteries from them. You don't realize how hot this thing gets when worn properly. But if you layer up UNDER it, then you won't feel anything.
Mar 7, 2011
243 posts
303 upvotes
Surrey, BC
FFWD wrote: Is it something that comes with the renewal letter? I never looked closely at them - as soon as I see renewal, I throw it out. I just have them renew it at the counter when it's expired.
http://www.costco.ca/membership-offer.h ... romo19_P10
https://www.costco.ca/gift-of-membershi ... 48665.html

On "gift of membership" ignore the "valid only for new members" it is a lie
Aug 29, 2018
305 posts
391 upvotes
Ryes wrote: I got one on aliexpress from a store called snowwolf official store which had excellent feedback and it’s been terrific. Only cost $53 cdn too. Bought a small ravpower battery for it on amazon
Make sure you know the location of the closest burn-unit, just in case.